Mock
RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread (/thread-12285.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Maggot - 05-11-2016

I've seen the tunnels the skunks have been digging in the yard chasing moles. I counted 8 of them the other day and I'm not sure if I hate the skunks or the moles more.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - F.U. - 05-11-2016

Well its Saturday in my world, but I still have to book bands for the next 3 months, mow the lawns, take my OL to town for a nail appointment, start tearing down my antenna towers at the house I just sold and then I get to get drunk. Party on Wayne, Party on Garth !!

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - username - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 05:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:

It reeks of skunk outdoors. Surely my tomcat has enough sense to not tangle with a skunk. *hopes*

We call that "pot" in my house these days. My son has become quite the little smoker. It's twisting my husband up in to tiny little knots and while I'm not thrilled about the frequency he's smoking (I think it's pretty much every evening) and I'll support my husband's "no skunk smell in the house" stance, the kid is 17 1/2. Our family therapist actually suggested sending him away for 8-9 weeks to a wilderness camp over it. Over my dead body.

God damn, that stuff SMELLS these days though. It's not even the smoke. If he just opens a bag of weed in his room, it stinks up the entire upstairs. Wayyy different than the stuff I smoked in my youth.

Has he thought of joining the service?

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 01:41 PM)username Wrote: God damn, that stuff SMELLS these days though. It's not even the smoke. If he just opens a bag of weed in his room, it stinks up the entire upstairs. Wayyy different than the stuff I smoked in my youth.

He's got some pretty good weed. hah Mine comes to me tripled bagged and I keep it that way and even with that I can smell it when I open my desk drawer.

Are you & your husband able to get any consolation out of the fact he does that at home rather than away (who knows where)?

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - username - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 02:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Has he thought of joining the service?

He's not destined for an Ivy League school or anything but currently, he has loose plans to move to Southern CA (hopefully with one of his buddies who will probably be attending UCLA or something) and attend a community college for two years and transfer over after that to a 4 year college.

He might be able to go straight to a state college but I'm cool with the community college idea. I know more and more parents who's kids COULD easily get in to the UC system who are opting instead to spend the first two years at a community college....for the cost savings. It makes sense if you're concerned about racking up student debt etc.

We haven't exactly figured out what level of support we'll provide but if he's attending school full time, we'll be helping him out...probably more the first year and then piling some more expectations on him.

That said, I have NO problem with the military and in fact, if he showed any inclination or uncertainty about what to do, I'd absolutely steer him that way. Of course, he's not actually allowed to go overseas or anything but other than that, I'd be delighted if he joined up.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 01:41 PM)username Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 05:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:

It reeks of skunk outdoors. Surely my tomcat has enough sense to not tangle with a skunk. *hopes*

We call that "pot" in my house these days. My son has become quite the little smoker. It's twisting my husband up in to tiny little knots and while I'm not thrilled about the frequency he's smoking (I think it's pretty much every evening) and I'll support my husband's "no skunk smell in the house" stance, the kid is 17 1/2. Our family therapist actually suggested sending him away for 8-9 weeks to a wilderness camp over it. Over my dead body.

God damn, that stuff SMELLS these days though. It's not even the smoke. If he just opens a bag of weed in his room, it stinks up the entire upstairs. Wayyy different than the stuff I smoked in my youth.

Those wilderness camps are a waste of time. If you really think he had a problem/addiction, find him an enthusiastic sobriety program. It has done wonders for Zack. I won't get into the whole thing unless you're interested. But I would recommend that program 1000% percent.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - sally - 05-11-2016

I recommend making his sorry ass go to work. That's what I did with my son and he was left with very little time for his stupid bullshit. I think you said your husband is a financial advisor, if nothing else he can start him on studying that boring crap every night.

My kids are at my service now. They know that nothing is "free". Chores, Dances, phone, internet its all about their grades and memorizing multiplication tables. I never back down.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - username - 05-12-2016

(05-11-2016, 09:17 PM)Maggot Wrote: My kids are at my service now. They know that nothing is "free". Chores, Dances, phone, internet its all about their grades and memorizing multiplication tables. I never back down.

I remember reading about child rearing back when I was pregnant and it was during the Dr. Sears era. Coddle your baby, sleep with them, pick them up right away when they cry....It continued in to the toddler years--if they were misbehaving you were supposed to "redirect" them blah, blah, blah.

What a bunch of crap. I should sue the lot of them for at least a part of the shit I'm dealing with now (and have been dealing with for years). Now it's Tiger Mom's (for some). Two completely different ends of the spectrum.

I over thunk my kids.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-12-2016

I stopped at Home Depot on my way home to get some plants and as I was standing at the checkout I saw a big, beautiful glazed pot that had a triangle shape broke off the rim of it. I asked the girl to contact the manager, I wanted it if they were going to throw it away. They let me have it. I brought it home, glued the triangle into place and it doesn't even look flawed now. I got a $60 pot for nothing. Aha!

I love stuff like that. I'm surprised they just gave it to you.

I bitched to the manager about a 10-15 minute wait at the Safeway deli counter to get a dozen stupid boneless hot buffalo wings and they gave those to me free. Apparently, the guy who is supposed to work that area was at lunch and I swear to God, I realized they were going to make me wait for him while on one side a guy was cutting deli meats and cheeses for several people and on the other side there were two women-one making sushi and the other sandwiches. All of them just let me stand there (even though I was asking, all I got was "he's at lunch").

The checkout guy that gave them to me free told me to go back there and help myself next time. I'm going to do it....that'll get their attention.

Big surprise. I read this morning that a union group is lobbying to extend a "temporary" tax hike (prop 30) initiated by J. Brown close to 4 years ago until 2031. The sales tax increase would expire as scheduled. The income tax on the upper 2% would continue.

Fuckers.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-15-2016

I worked for a little while this morning & I slept all afternoon and when Game of Thrones is over I'm going back to sleep. So glad the weather wasn't conducive to yard work otherwise I'd feel guilty for being so lazy.

Smiley-rolling-joint

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-17-2016

Traffic coming home makes me irrationally angry. Like I want to ram people with my car.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - BigMark - 05-17-2016

Serenity Now!

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-19-2016

Did somebody die?

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - BigMark - 05-19-2016

[Image: frank-costanza-o.gif] GIFSoup

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 02:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Did somebody die?

Not so far. But the week isn't over yet.

RE: RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread - Maggot - 05-20-2016

(05-17-2016, 06:43 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Traffic coming home makes me irrationally angry. Like I want to ram people with my car.

That was you?!!! Smiley_emoticons_shocked