Mock
The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2015 trivial drivel thread (/thread-11658.html)

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-13-2015

(05-13-2015, 05:47 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah, but how long was the dog in there for?

Long enough to be in distress.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-14-2015

I'm having a ladies night at my house tonight. My house is spotless. They better not make a mess. Lol. I hope I have enough food and wine. I love to entertain but it's kinda stressful. The ladies of Mock get it.

It'd be cool if some Mockettes could come.

And FU can stay over. Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Carsman - 05-14-2015

(05-13-2015, 05:47 PM)sally Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 03:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:

This woman is a POS.

A Georgia man who saved a dog from a hot Mustang has been arrested for smashing a window to free the animal.

Multiple news outlets report that Michael Hammons of Athens was charged with criminal trespassing after freeing a small Pomeranian mix in distress from a hot car outside a store. Witnesses say that while a group of shoppers waited for police to arrive to free the dog, the Army veteran smashed the window.

Deputies say the car's owner insisted Hammons be arrested. Deputies did not identify the woman. She was cited for leaving the dog in the hot car.

Georgia state law allows an individual to break a window to save a child in distress but not a pet. Animal advocates say they are working to change the law.

Yeah, but how long was the dog in there for? You run in the 711 for a pack of smokes and the next thing you know some crazy fuck bashes in your front window.

It would not have been an issue, if the dumb ass left the locked car running with the A/C on!

I sometimes leave my locked car running, A/C on, when running a 10 to 15 minute errand, with out any living thing being in the car. I do it just to keep it cold for when I return. It's great to get into a cold car after being in the HOT SUN!

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - username - 05-14-2015

That's stupid, Cars. You must have a piece of shit car if no one has gotten in and at least taken it for a joy ride.

ETA: I just re read your post. You can lock a car that's on and running? I've never tried that...two sets of keys?

I just ordered a patio sofa for our front porch. I'm actually thinking about turning my attention back to our kitchen remodel. If I don't get moving, by the time it's done we're going to either have to move to a single story house or buy one of those electric lifts to get my old ass up and down the stupid stairs.

Although every time a cabinet door gets left open and some stupid teen runs in to it and breaks it off the hinges, I think waiting may have been smart. Several of our cabinet doors have been glued back together/re-hung. One is broken beyond repair but doorless cabinets here/there are "in", right? Too bad it's the top of the damn pantry. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-14-2015

(05-14-2015, 03:00 PM)username Wrote: I've never tried that...two sets of keys?

Yeah. Take your valet key with you. My boss does that shit all the time. She's going to be ticketed one of these days, she pulls right up to the door, jumps out and locks it. I've warned her about doing that but she blows me off.

(05-14-2015, 03:00 PM)username Wrote: That's stupid, Cars. You must have a piece of shit car if no one has gotten in and at least taken it for a joy ride.

ETA: I just re read your post. You can lock a car that's on and running? I've never tried that...two sets of keys?

Yeah that, and or seperated key farb remote from key also works.
Try it, you'll love it! hah

Here's the patio sofa I ordered. It wasn't expensive but it got pretty good reviews and it's certainly going to be more comfy/decorative than the stupid, 2-person, 20 year old wood bench I have out there now.

[Image: b16e819c-4912-400e-a84a-4cb58811f2c8_400.jpg]

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - sally - 05-14-2015

I leave the car running with the AC on when I take my dogs to the vet and don't want to take them all in at the same time. You separate the key remote from the key chain and lock it that way. Nifty little trick, huh User? You fucking moron.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-14-2015

I've never even used a key with the car I have now. I think I recall the salesman telling me it is hidden inside the fob but I've never had a reason to check.

(05-14-2015, 07:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've never even used a key with the car I have now. I think I recall the salesman telling me it is hidden inside the fob but I've never had a reason to check.

Hacker's can steal "keyless entry cars", ain't life grand!

http://www.ibtimes.com/hackers-can-steal-your-keyless-entry-car-255745

(05-14-2015, 06:45 PM)sally Wrote: I leave the car running with the AC on when I take my dogs to the vet and don't want to take them all in at the same time. You separate the key remote from the key chain and lock it that way. Nifty little trick, huh User? You fucking moron.

Normal people, who don't live in Hades, can just leave the windows part way down without having to leave the car on and A/C running.
My mom has a second home in Palm Springs and the only way you survive a walk down town there in the summer months is all the "misters" lining the main street. Fuck that. Move.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-15-2015

(05-14-2015, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I'm having a ladies night at my house tonight.

How'd it go? Fun? I'm thinking about inviting some friends over for Memorial Day but I don't even have the pool open yet. I guess I better piss or get off the pot but all I can think of is all the work required.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Clang McFly - 05-15-2015

I'm working on de-junking the house on Memorial Day. My oldest brother is coming down to celebrate my dad's actual birthday and then forcing us to work on cleaning up/out the house. He's kind of a controlling douchebag. I'm actually hoping I have to work at Price Chopper that day.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-16-2015

It wasn't that long ago that I read about Republicans bitching because Gitmo was still open and they were berating the Prez because he didn't do what he said he would do and that was to close Gitmo. This morning I read that the same people who were doing the bitching have now passed a bill that will make it even more difficult for Gitmo to be closed. Can anyone tell me exactly what these fuckin' people want?78

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Cutz - 05-16-2015

I forget when there was a conversation about geese, but it reminded me of this.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - aussiefriend - 05-16-2015

I met this famous guy over here years ago at a Henry Rollins show. I said "hey, its Adam Sandler", and he said "Spencer", and I knew his name but I said Sandler, I was mortified and he could see I was horrified I had called him that, it was like for me, really insulting him. I said "I am so sorry", he said "it's fine". Years later, I wrote to his agent and relayed the story and asked her to pass along my apologies. She was cool.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 05-16-2015

(05-15-2015, 03:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 02:06 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I'm having a ladies night at my house tonight.

How'd it go? Fun? I'm thinking about inviting some friends over for Memorial Day but I don't even have the pool open yet. I guess I better piss or get off the pot but all I can think of is all the work required.

It was fun. One of the ladies was looking at my pictures and saw a pic of Mike and Matt and she knew my brother! Mike coached the boys football team. She didn't make the connection with Mike and I because she didn't know my maiden name. What a small world.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - username - 05-16-2015

It feels kind of weird when I "run in to" someone viewing "who's online" at the same time as I am (HotD).

It's kind of like wandering in to someone and realizing you're both peeping Tom's.

I was checking to see if CN had showed up yet today. He should. It's his/our birthday and he usually shows up for some birthday attention.

Shhhhhhhhhhh, no thread anybody. Let's just keep this on the down low today.

Blowing-kisses

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015

Happy Birthday, Peeper. I won't start a thread.

Do you have both kids home with you?

Anything special on the agenda today?

P.s. I check "Who's Online" regularly to see what kinds of threads draw the interest of guests and lurkers; it's usually all over the map though.