Mock
The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: The 2015 trivial drivel thread (/thread-11658.html)

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - ZEROSPHERES - 05-24-2015

(05-24-2015, 08:26 AM)crash Wrote: Can one of you learned Americans please explain to the dumb Aussie why your money has 'In God We Trust' emblazoned all over it....

God's full name, Mayer Amschel Rothschild, was much too long to easily fit on the money.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - crash - 05-25-2015

So none of you guys know either

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-25-2015

According to the Dept. of Treasury it came about because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the civil war and it took an act of Congress to bring about the change.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Carsman - 05-25-2015

Seperation of Church and State, when it suits the situation.

"In God We Trust" was adopted as the official motto of the United States in 1956, replacing the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was the Great Seal of the United States since 1782.

In 1956, the time of the Cold War, the United States wanted to distinguish itself from the Soviet Union, which promoted state atheism.

Therefore, the 84th Congress passed a joint resolution "declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States."

"In God we trust" on paper currency was approved by President Dwight Eisenhower in 1956, and entered circulation in 1957.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - crash - 05-25-2015

So it's a hangover from a tongue poke at the Russkis. Hahaha...oh dear.

Thanks, Cars.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-26-2015

The hosts of a Danish radio station beat to death a 9 week old rabbit on the air to protest the double standards held by meat eaters. They killed it by beating it over the head with a bicycle pump. Cocksuckas.

Story

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-28-2015

I'm sweating like a horse. I have debris in my bra and streaks of dried blood running down my arm. I'm a mess. *fluffs hair*

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Jimbone - 05-28-2015

Thrown into a briar patch?

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-28-2015

Working in my gardens, hauling mulch and cleaning up my azalea bushes. I have a lot of dead in all my bushes, boxwood, etc. Winter took a toll on a lot of my stuff. I've been doing never ending cleanup but everyday lately I've been having heat indexes in the high 90's to 100 and then I flake out and come inside. The blood is from all the scratches I have.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Midwest Spy - 05-28-2015

'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' - Tears For Fears.

The number 1 song in the U.S. thirty years ago this week.

Songs From The Big Chair was also the first CD I ever purchased.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-29-2015

I feel really happy today. Everything is perfect & peaceful. Earlier I thought, please don't let my phone ring, I don't want to hear that shit. It did, but I was in the shower. Oh happy day.

*knocks wood*

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Donovan - 05-29-2015

You know there is a serious flaw in the theory of "survival of the fittest" and evolution when you realize just how much of your body can be incapacitated with the tiniest injury to your back.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Blindgreed1 - 05-29-2015

(05-29-2015, 01:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel really happy today. Everything is perfect & peaceful. Earlier I thought, please don't let my phone ring, I don't want to hear that shit. It did, but I was in the shower. Oh happy day.

*knocks wood*
Pics?

(05-29-2015, 01:56 PM)Donovan Wrote: You know there is a serious flaw in the theory of "survival of the fittest" and evolution when you realize just how much of your body can be incapacitated with the tiniest injury to your back.
You jack your back up Dono? Take some calcium magnesium supplements.

It was just another day until I saw this

Papa Emeritus II didn't really fit the part to me. Didn't "feel" right. I'm hoping the new Papa brings it.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Donovan - 05-29-2015

(05-29-2015, 06:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 01:56 PM)Donovan Wrote: You know there is a serious flaw in the theory of "survival of the fittest" and evolution when you realize just how much of your body can be incapacitated with the tiniest injury to your back.
You jack your back up Dono? Take some calcium magnesium supplements.
Old injury from a car accident led to chronic pain with occasional sharp spikes. Hasn't happened in a while but anything can trigger it and my stubborn old ass has been lifting a lot of boxes recently. When I get a "spell" it's like a vise across my middle back that at random moments abruptly slugs me and takes my ability to breathe.
First time it happened I thought it was a heart attack.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - sally - 05-29-2015

I'm going nuts without smoking. Tell me why I'm a weak minded asshole. Because this gum isn't working. I'm 40 and have a 3 year old I'd like to see grow up, I'd also like to keep my looks as long as possible. It's not working.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Donovan - 05-30-2015

That chantix stuff works like crazy. If you can afford it.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - sally - 05-30-2015

I thought about getting a prescription for Chantix, but I'm kind of scared to take it since it's known to make people suicidal. Obviously I'd stop taking it if I started having suicidal thoughts, but what if the thoughts never go away and I'm left as a manic depressive for the rest of my life. That would suck.

RE: The 2015 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 12:17 PM)sally Wrote: I thought about getting a prescription for Chantix, but I'm kind of scared to take it since it's known to make people suicidal.

You're being a pessimist. It's entirely possible you could be one of those who suffer no ill effects.

I took a puff off one of those e-cigarettes yesterday. Check it out, she said. The tip glowed and I coughed my brains out. HackHackHack.