Mock
THANKSGIVING WEEK - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: THANKSGIVING WEEK (/thread-10689.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-17-2014

Prepping this w/e for the big feast. Patio, pool surround, sidewalks, outdoor kitchen is all clean. Next up clean up the yard a bit, set up the tables, clean up the smoker and all that, might even get the shopping done. Start cooking Wed. Get to get grandma's china out and set a nice pretty table

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - username - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 09:55 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Hey, any turkey cooking experts here? I have been hearing about cooking the bird upside down for part of the roasting, like an hour. Anyone hear of this? Even stuffed? I would be afraid I would drop the damn thing on the floor when trying to flip it, though.

It is times like this I miss LC. She knew about this kind of stuff.

I wouldn't do that. It seems like all the juices come from the breast. If you cooked it upside down for any period of time, I'd think it would come out dry.

You're right. LC would have told you EXACTLY what to do. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - ramseycat - 11-17-2014

(11-17-2014, 10:15 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Prepping this w/e for the big feast. Patio, pool surround, sidewalks, outdoor kitchen is all clean. Next up clean up the yard a bit, set up the tables, clean up the smoker and all that, might even get the shopping done. Start cooking Wed. Get to get grandma's china out and set a nice pretty table

You're always so on top of the entertaining. TG at Sixes this year!

I'm actually going to my sisters. 5 days. It's a good thing I'll be spending time with my niece and nephew and seeing my friends.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - Tammy75 - 11-18-2014

I have worked vendor events the weekends while working my horrid day job since October 13. My first day off without having to be somewhere--sometimes 75 miles away, I will sleep late, mosey over to my Aunt's feast and then back to work on Black Friday.

BTW Since last Friday, I have put a 14 hr day at the Charlotte Southern Christmas show on Saturday, 10 hrs on Sunday and then 9 at the desk today. 9-10 more tomorrow at desk job, taking a *vacation* day to do 10 hr at the Christmas show again, desk job, desk job and then back to 14 hrs this Saturday and likely 12 on Sunday when we break down.

I will likely sleep the entire month of Jan

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - Duchess - 11-18-2014

Ugh. That's some schedule you've got there. I won't complain about mine, I'll just think of yours and feel better about my own.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - crash - 11-18-2014

(11-17-2014, 10:17 PM)username Wrote:
(11-17-2014, 09:55 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Hey, any turkey cooking experts here? I have been hearing about cooking the bird upside down for part of the roasting, like an hour. Anyone hear of this? Even stuffed? I would be afraid I would drop the damn thing on the floor when trying to flip it, though.

It is times like this I miss LC. She knew about this kind of stuff.

I wouldn't do that. It seems like all the juices come from the breast. If you cooked it upside down for any period of time, I'd think it would come out dry.

You're right. LC would have told you EXACTLY what to do. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Just brine the goddamned Turkey. Do you people not remember anything?

Brine it in what?

Shoot. I forget from year to year.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - crash - 11-18-2014

Jesus wept..

http://mockforums.net/showthread.php?tid=10686

I know where all the bodies are buried in here, recipes, not so much.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - Duchess - 11-20-2014

Can you do Thanksgiving dinner for 10 for $49.41? I just read that's what the average cost of this year's dinner is, up .37 from last year.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - Carsman - 11-20-2014

(11-20-2014, 05:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Can you do Thanksgiving dinner for 10 for $49.41? I just read that's what the average cost of this year's dinner is, up .37 from last year.

Yep, but all 10 have to like P&J sandwiches! hah

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - blueberryhill - 11-20-2014

Queen Bee, yes i have heard of the upside down turkey/chicken. Guess theory is that if you start with breast down, it won't dry out as soon as when breast is on top. Made sense to me, and i remember doing it once or twice. It was probably more moist, I just really don't remember. I remember bitching because breast stuck to bottom of roasting pan and pulled skin off, which made for one ugly turkey. Just put foil on top of breast, it is easier. stuffing doesn't fall out that much and what little does, gets soaked in turkey drippings so it's o.k.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - username - 11-20-2014

(11-20-2014, 08:17 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Queen Bee, yes i have heard of the upside down turkey/chicken. Guess theory is that if you start with breast down, it won't dry out as soon as when breast is on top. Made sense to me, and i remember doing it once or twice. It was probably more moist, I just really don't remember. I remember bitching because breast stuck to bottom of roasting pan and pulled skin off, which made for one ugly turkey. Just put foil on top of breast, it is easier. stuffing doesn't fall out that much and what little does, gets soaked in turkey drippings so it's o.k.

What time should I be there?

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - Maggot - 11-20-2014

I cook the same shit every year. But every year it taste better. At least to me. The one meal I rule over once a year.......stay the fuck outta my way! hah And my dishes are almost done when the food is ready, I clean as I go.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - blueberryhill - 11-20-2014

(11-20-2014, 09:29 PM)username Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 08:17 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Queen Bee, yes i have heard of the upside down turkey/chicken. Guess theory is that if you start with breast down, it won't dry out as soon as when breast is on top. Made sense to me, and i remember doing it once or twice. It was probably more moist, I just really don't remember. I remember bitching because breast stuck to bottom of roasting pan and pulled skin off, which made for one ugly turkey. Just put foil on top of breast, it is easier. stuffing doesn't fall out that much and what little does, gets soaked in turkey drippings so it's o.k.

What time should I be there?

Uh, no, it is too chilly here; only 71 today. Brr.....I would rather meet you in San Diego and have dinner and eat your mama's cooking. I'm sick of my cooking so i don't cook anymore cuz everything tastes like shit.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - username - 11-20-2014

(11-20-2014, 11:26 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I'm sick of my cooking so i don't cook anymore cuz everything tastes like shit.

hah I have that too!!!

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - crash - 11-21-2014

There's a bar/restaurant in San Diego called Neighbourhood. I eat to go eat there again. Anyone have a spare teleporter?

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - username - 11-21-2014

(11-21-2014, 02:05 AM)crash Wrote: There's a bar/restaurant in San Diego called Neighbourhood. I eat to go eat there again. Anyone have a spare teleporter?

Ramsey?

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - crash - 11-21-2014

Fuck you, bitch..

I can say that now we're married.

RE: THANKSGIVING WEEK - Duchess - 11-21-2014

(11-20-2014, 10:00 PM)Maggot Wrote: The one meal I rule over once a year.......stay the fuck outta my way! hah And my dishes are almost done when the food is ready, I clean as I go.

My kinda man!

I arrange flowers & pour wine. Sometimes I'm a sous chef but that's the extent of my participation. I do a great tablescape.