Mock
EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA (/thread-11493.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - username - 10-15-2014

I heard that the nurses used assorted practices when dealing with Duncan including doubling up on clothing and using tape to cover exposed areas. Problem being, the more layers you have to remove and given the difficulty of removing tape, the more opportunities you have to screw up.

I can't believe that nurse was able to get on a plane. Screw civil liberties, we need some laws about this stuff. I also heard that even if she was told (or nicely asked) not to travel on public transport and did it regardless, there are no laws necessarily preventing her from doing so. And then there was that NBC doctor who is currently under some quarantine (or supposed to be) who got busted out and about in the backseat of a car getting take out or something. Seriously folks...stay the fuck home.

We had a "scare" at our local hospital because somebody didn't know their geography. The person had recently traveled from the Middle East or something and the nurse thought he/she was coming from Ebola land. Brief panic until somebody broke out a globe.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Carsman - 10-15-2014

"They", CDC, should revamp their procedures regarding removal of hazmat gear. Before care giver removes hazmat gear, they should be sprayed (fogged) down/disinfected with the same chemicals used to clean up hazmat areas! Therefore, not having the chance to get infected removing the gear itself.

Now there are "132" passengers form the infected nurse's plane that were roaming around interacting with relatives friends, & even strangers.

Exponential factor, is becoming a reality, those fucker's in charge better get a grip quick, or pandemic may not be too far behind!!!

As of this past Sunday, (before continuing fuckups) I scheduled myself and my better half to be locked in a plane for 3-1/4 hours in only 7 weeks away, keeping a close eye on developments. If things keeps going they way they are, I will just say fuck-it and let the tickets go unused. (Unfortunately I do hate the fucking SNOW & ICE, but . . . )

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - blueberryhill - 10-15-2014

It is sounding that many hospitals and medical personnel are in the dark about protocol re Ebola, but they should have some basic knowledge of contagious deadly diseases. Maybe that is why so many people get more ill while in the hospital (in one case, medical staff weren't even washing their hands after treating patients and inadequate sterilization of equipment. I think the CDC should have led the country in controlling the spread of Ebola and sent out mandatory orders for hospitals, airlines, etc. It should have been in place months ago. Now, today, we have a serious situation in the U.S. Where is the leadership here....and isn't it ironic that Texas recently tried to close all abortion clinics within state unless they could meet the standards of a "hospital." Well, that is a scary thought. Dear God, where has our common sense gone?

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Duchess - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 03:18 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: If they don't get a hold of this shit NOW...we're fucked, along with the rest of the world.

I don't want to die. I'm not finished yet.[Image: crying.gif]

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Blindgreed1 - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 04:16 PM)Carsman Wrote: "They", CDC, should revamp their procedures regarding removal of hazmat gear. Before care giver removes hazmat gear, they should be sprayed (fogged) down/disinfected with the same chemicals used to clean up hazmat areas! Therefore, not having the chance to get infected removing the gear itself.

Now there are "132" passengers form the infected nurse's plane that were roaming around interacting with relatives friends, & even strangers.

Exponential factor, is becoming a reality, those fucker's in charge better get a grip quick, or pandemic may not be too far behind!!!

As of this past Sunday, (before continuing fuckups) I scheduled myself and my better half to be locked in a plane for 3-1/4 hours in only 7 weeks away, keeping a close eye on developments. If things keeps going they way they are, I will just say fuck-it and let the tickets go unused. (Unfortunately I do hate the fucking SNOW & ICE, but . . . )
Environmentally Mediated Infection Transmission
Environmentally associated laboratory infections can be transmitted directly
or indirectly from environmental sources (e.g., air, contaminated fomites and laboratory instruments, and aerosols) to laboratory staff. Fortunately, LAI are
rare events 1 because there are a number of requirements necessary for environmental transmission to occur. 2 Commonly referred to as the “chain of infection” they include: presence of a pathogen of sufficient virulence, relatively high concentration of the pathogen (i.e., infectious dose), and a mechanism of transmission of the pathogen from environment to the host, a correct portal of entry to a susceptible host.
To accomplish successful transmission from an environmental source, all
of these requirements for the “chain of infection” must be present.
The absence of any one element will prevent transmission. Additionally, the pathogen in question must overcome environmental stresses to retain viability, virulence,
and the capability to initiate infection in the host.
In the laboratory setting, high concentrations of pathogens can be common. Reduction of environmental microbial contamination by conventional cleaning procedures is often enough
to prevent environmentally mediated transmission. However, it is the general practice in laboratories to use sterilization methods to remove the potential for infection transmission.

P..S. Just read story detailing story of infected nurse in Dallas. She says the staff wasn't informed (CEO of hospital should have had meeting with all staff at the fist sniff of Ebola). She says that t hazmat gear was not readily available, and that it was common practice to wear two pairs of gloves as the gloves often had holes in them. According to her, there just wasn't any plan in place to treat Mr. Duncan. Seems like basic protocol for contagious disease was not followed and thus, the cross-contamination. I would like to think that this hospital was an isolated case, but don't really think so. Anyway, she says she is doing fine and thanks everyone for their prayers; guess they are keeping her spaniel dod in isolation, too, but not together.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - QueenBee - 10-15-2014

This is all a bit frightening. But I am not yet at a point where I would leave home encased in a human sized condom. A friend made a good point though, that we are at the same point now, as we were with AIDS 30 years ago. Granted there are more medical advances now, but I would bet the general public, and the medical community does not yet know all we need to know about ebola.

(10-15-2014, 06:00 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: P..S. Just read story detailing story of infected nurse in Dallas. She says the staff wasn't informed (CEO of hospital should have had meeting with all staff at the fist sniff of Ebola). She says that t hazmat gear was not readily available, and that it was common practice to wear two pairs of gloves as the gloves often had holes in them. According to her, there just wasn't any plan in place to treat Mr. Duncan. Seems like basic protocol for contagious disease was not followed and thus, the cross-contamination. I would like to think that this hospital was an isolated case, but don't really think so. Anyway, she says she is doing fine and thanks everyone for their prayers; guess they are keeping her spaniel dod in isolation, too, but not together.
I can't speak for all hospitals, but most trauma centers did their due diligence in preparation AFTER the report that there was a confirmed patient in Texas. In case anyone wants to actually be informed regarding decontamination practices instead of just implying that guys in yellow suits "spraying fog" is a suitable method of protection against infection hah, there's a great tool out there called google. If you just type in "CDC decontamination and disinfection", you'll see there is plenty of info available.

(10-15-2014, 06:06 PM)QueenBee Wrote: This is all a bit frightening. But I am not yet at a point where I would leave home encased in a human sized condom. A friend made a good point though, that we are at the same point now, as we were with AIDS 30 years ago. Granted there are more medical advances now, but I would bet the general public, and the medical community does not yet know all we need to know about ebola.
The general public and the medical community does not yet know all we need to know about AIDS either. Or the common cold for that matter.

Cars needs one of these (but he might have to stand in line):

[Image: 7c6f660f35c0eee41700aca7f77f539a?AccessK...oworigin=1]

A Ft. Worth company is poised to make mucho money.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/money/2014/10/14/fort-worth-company-makes-the-ebola-cleaning-misters/17272959/

A passenger waiting to board at Dulles -

[Image: B0AXcU7CEAIJj1Q.png:large]

(10-15-2014, 06:18 PM)username Wrote: Cars needs one of these (but he might have to stand in line):

http://www.wfaa.com/story/money/2014/10/14/fort-worth-company-makes-the-ebola-cleaning-misters/17272959/
hah I use the super heavy duty stuff around my house and mix it myself. Liquid Sodium Hypochlorite at a dillution ratio of 10:1. Contact time is only 10 minutes and it kills EVERYTHING. It's super cheap and available in any grocery store, only they sell it under the commercial name... Clorox. hah

Re passenger waiting for flight, I laughed out loud at that one...Where do you guys get these pictures?

(10-15-2014, 06:18 PM)username Wrote: Cars needs one of these (but he might have to stand in line):

I just placed my order, it should arrive in 6 to 8 weeks, (shipping was free) just in time when hopefully things start to slow down! hah

(10-15-2014, 06:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Damn, I thought I saw some one take my picture! Smiley_emoticons_razz

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Maggot - 10-15-2014

I was given an HVAC problem that the hospital in the big city near me had. They are the only hospital in N.H. that has an Ebola protocol in place. What they did was create an isolated room where the fresh air coming in was recirculated into an independent duct system that expelled the air out the roof creating a separate system for the isolation rooms. This keeps the air out of the main system, so any airborne virus will not infiltrate the entire hospital.
The guys at work did the layout of the system last month so I really had no idea until today. The hospital in the Capitol of my state has a different problem the building is old and its a little tougher to separate a room or two without a big hassle, after looking at the existing system I suggested a Unico system that uses 2.5" tubes that are easy to put in and are easy to adapt to the surrounding systems already in place. I looked at the print of the existing building they want to convert the rooms in and they are off towards the far end of the hospital, they also wanted to know how much it would cost to have a quick way to bypass exhausting the air out into the atmosphere to the incinerator room.
All the time I was looking at the print the only thing that my mind kept going back to was how everyone was saying this thing is not an airborne virus. I think they are not sure and worried that at some point it may mutate into something akin to the bird flu that is an airborne type virus. I sure hope these people know what they're doing. But if its not airborne why do they want isolated spaces with their own controlled environment? Maybe its just a precaution.

(10-15-2014, 06:30 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Where do you guys get these pictures?

That particular photograph was tweeted to a news organization by another passenger waiting to board.

(10-15-2014, 06:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: I was given an HVAC problem that the hospital in the big city near me had. They are the only hospital in N.H. that has an Ebola protocol in place. What they did was create an isolated room where the fresh air coming in was recirculated into an independent duct system that expelled the air out the roof creating a separate system for the isolation rooms. This keeps the air out of the main system, so any airborne virus will not infiltrate the entire hospital.
The guys at work did the layout of the system last month so I really had no idea until today. The hospital in the Capitol of my state has a different problem the building is old and its a little tougher to separate a room or two without a big hassle, after looking at the existing system I suggested a Unico system that uses 2.5" tubes that are easy to put in and are easy to adapt to the surrounding systems already in place. I looked at the print of the existing building they want to convert the rooms in and they are off towards the far end of the hospital, they also wanted to know how much it would cost to have a quick way to bypass exhausting the air out into the atmosphere to the incinerator room.
All the time I was looking at the print the only thing that my mind kept going back to was how everyone was saying this thing is not an airborne virus. I think they are not sure and worried that at some point it may mutate into something akin to the bird flu that is an airborne type virus. I sure hope these people know what they're doing. But if its not airborne why do they want isolated spaces with their own controlled environment? Maybe its just a precaution.

That's called "planning ahead"! Good for them!

(10-15-2014, 06:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

BOTH wrists are exposed. hah

(10-15-2014, 06:28 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I use the super heavy duty stuff around my house and mix it myself. Liquid Sodium Hypochlorite at a dillution ratio of 10:1. Contact time is only 10 minutes and it kills EVERYTHING. It's super cheap and available in any grocery store, only they sell it under the commercial name... Clorox.

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I just hired a new cleaning crew for my house and one of the owner's selling points was the all natural ingredients they use to clean. They've only cleaned my house once and it was nice although my sink wasn't as white as it would be after using SoftScrub with Bleach.

I might have to fire those bitches now.