Mock
carryout owner shot and killed. - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: carryout owner shot and killed. (/thread-10103.html)

Pages: 1 2

carryout owner shot and killed. - eye4aneye - 05-28-2013

Has anyone else heard about the toledo carryout owner who was shot and killed in whitehouse ohio??

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - Cynical Ninja - 05-28-2013

Whoa whoa whoa!

I suggest you go to the introductions forum and start a newbie thread first you cherry.

You need to indulge us in a bit of foreplay before you get to fuck.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - Duchess - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 08:32 AM)eye4aneye Wrote: Has anyone else heard about the toledo carryout owner who was shot and killed in whitehouse ohio??

No, I haven't but feel free to post the story & remember to post links giving attribution to whoever wrote it. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - HairOfTheDog - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 08:32 AM)eye4aneye Wrote: Has anyone else heard about the toledo carryout owner who was shot and killed in whitehouse ohio??

Welcome eye4aneye.

I saw a piece about the killing in Waterville, Ohio.

Mr. Sadafi, who, along with his family, owns a few Carryout stores was reportedly shot by three black men, dressed in black and wearing masks.

Detectives are operating on the premise that Sadafi was the target of a home invasion robbery.

Sadafi's girlfriend reportedly locked herself in a bathroom and then called 911 after the masked men left the house.

Story doesn't indicate whether the girlfriend saw the men before hiding in the bathroom and was the one who gave the descriptions, or if there were other witnesses or surveillance cams.

Ref:
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/05/19/Carryout-owner-shot-dead-in-his-River-Road-house.html

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - eye4aneye - 05-28-2013

News

The hunt is on for three
suspected killers wanted in
connection with a deadly
Saturday morning home invasion in
Waterville Township.

The Lucas County Sheriff's Department
is investigating the homicide.

Authorities say the killing was not a
random home invasion. The
victim may have been targeted for
money and other items.

James Safadi, 34, died Saturday
morning, after someone broke into his
Waterville Township home.

Safadi's family owns several carry
outs, including one at South Avenue
and Spencer Street in South Toledo
where he worked.

Safadi's girlfriend called 9-1-1 Saturday
morning around 6 o'clock, saying her
boyfriend had been shot at their home
in the 8900 block of South River Road.

The Sheriff's Department says Safadi
was hit in the chest. He later died from
his injury at St. Luke's Hospital.

Nearby neighbors are stunned by a
killing in the quiet, rural area.

"Yes, obviously I'm very shocked about
something like this happening in the
proximity. Things like this usually
don't happen," said Brian Lauderman.

Safadi's girlfriend was unharmed. She
told investigators she locked herself
in a bathroom to call 911.

Crews from the Bureau of Criminal
Investigation spent Saturday combing
the homicide scene.

The Sheriff's Department hopes
someone has information about the
three suspects, who are described as
black males.

"No vehicle was seen at the scene. As
much as we can get right now, it
appears to be three black males
dressed in black with masks entered
the location," said Detective Jeff Kozak.

While the suspects remain on the
loose, neighbors plan to keep their
doors and windows locked.

"Yes, that's usually standard operating
procedure around here. That's just the
way we always have been," said
Lauderman.

Yes Hairofthedog that is what I was refering to. I was having trouble posting from my phone, thank you. The gf from other news stories gave a description of the 3 black men, but something about this story just does not sit right with me. Why would they leave her?

It's not clear yet whether the intruders knew that the girlfriend was there; nothing to indicate whether she saw them or vice versa.

Interesting story that could go in a few different directions; stranger target, familiar target, set-up...

Couple of things:

Please don't paste copyright notices in posts, eye4aneye.

You can summarize the article, as I did in the post above yours, or only post portions of the article.

In either case, post the link for reference.

You have 15 minutes to edit your post, please edit.

Please also read the Rules in the Crime Forum before continued posting, here:.

http://mockforums.net/thread-4781.html

How do i do that?? Almost everything I click says I do not have access or something?????

(05-28-2013, 10:46 AM)eye4aneye Wrote: How do i do that?? Almost everything I click says I do not have access or something?????

Just click the link that I provided for the rules, you should have access to it.

If you can't access it, let me know by replying here.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - username - 05-28-2013

Here we go again with masked ninjas. The g/f did it.

I'm sort of kidding and yet not.

(05-28-2013, 11:09 AM)username Wrote: Here we go again with masked ninjas. The g/f did it.

I wish the article had noted whether the description of the Ninjas came from the girlfriend, other eyewitnesses, or surveillance cam.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - Midwest Spy - 05-28-2013

(05-28-2013, 11:13 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-28-2013, 11:09 AM)username Wrote: Here we go again with masked ninjas. The g/f did it.

I wish the article had noted whether the description of the Ninjas came from the girlfriend, other eyewitnesses, or surveillance cam.

Wonder if they were black ninjas, teenage mutant ninjas or the even more rare, Cynical Ninjas.

Toledo cops will have their hands full, no doubt.

(05-28-2013, 10:37 AM)eye4aneye Wrote: The gf from other news stories gave a description of the 3 black men, but something about this story just does not sit right with me. Why would they leave her?

I found a few different news pieces about this case, eye4aneye.

Wasn't able to find any that identified the source of the alleged intruders' descriptions. That bit of information is completely left out.

If you have a media source stating that it was the girlfriend who provided the descriptions, would be interested in seeing it.

TIA.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - Cheyne - 05-28-2013

The article states that the girlfriend called 911 after locking herself in the bathroom after the assailants left? Maybe I am misunderstanding but why would 3 intruders kill Mr Sadafi and let his girlfriend go?

I think the girlfriend may be involved.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - HairOfTheDog - 06-01-2013

So, it's confirmed that the girlfriend did see the intruders and vice versa before locking herself in the bathroom, according to this latest report.

It's likely she provided the descriptions of the intruders, though that's not stated in the article and nothing to indicate if there were any other witnesses who saw them or any surveillance camera, etc...

Not only did the girlfriend reportedly see the intruders, they stole rings from her finger before she somehow escaped to the bathroom, according to the linked Toledo Blade article.

Police are saying that she, RaighAnn Jackson, is not considered a suspect. “Even though she did come out of this physically, not completely, unharmed, emotionally she is absolutely destroyed,” the detective (Kozak) said.

IDK. She's not officially a suspect at this time, but that could always change and the story is definitely odd. Aside from the rings which detectives hope they can trace if they were pawned, only a small amount of cash was reportedly stolen from the home.

Based on what's been revealed so far, doesn't make a lot of sense that the girlfriend managed to escape three intruders who shot Mr. Safadi multiple times. Reports indicate that Mr. Safadi did not return fire, but don't mention whether or not he'd pulled a gun.

Ref:
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/05/22/Stolen-rings-could-offer-some-leads-in-slaying.html

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - Older Than Dirt - 06-02-2013

My entire inner city neighborhood knew this man. He had a gas station/carry out for many years. Bad neighborhood, but convenient for Cigs.,bread, gas etc. When I expressed my concern about coming in his place, he assured me that he had things under control and had only needed to call TPD twice in 15 yrs. He was armed and I think that was well known. VERY nice guy to deal with. I much preferred to send my son or husband, but sometimes I would be right at that corner. He even said that he would walk to my car with me. The neighborhood was very sad to hear what happened. There was scuttlebut that it was due to the girlfriend's big mouth. You know, kind of like the Johnny Clark-Lisa thing. Who knows, but I sure hope that LE figures it out !!!!! I didn't check it out, but I don't think that any felony convictions. All I know is that he was very well thought of. Just sayin .

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - HairOfTheDog - 06-02-2013

Thanks, OTD.

The family and neighbors who were interviewed also said that Mr. Safadi was very friendly and helpful; he'd always go out of his way to help others.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmvgpoPBJm9N7KKnTylnb...rm26EMi2YG]
Mr. Safadi

If he was known to be armed, that probably explains the statement that he didn't return fire, though there's no specific mention that he had a gun or that any guns were stolen.

I hope police solve this one quickly too.

P.s. one of the earlier articles noted that he had some misdemeanors, but nothing about felonies. Police think he was targeted, but say there's no evidence that he knew the intruders.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - username - 06-02-2013

OTD, it makes it more interesting to get that local perspective. Thanks! So the g/f might have had a big mouth? I didn't follow Johnny & Lisa so I'm not sure of the reference there.

It's definitely weird how this g/f seemingly came out of this physically unscathed.

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - NightOwl - 06-02-2013

(05-28-2013, 10:37 AM)eye4aneye Wrote: The gf from other news stories gave a description of the 3 black men, but something about this story just does not sit right with me. Why would they leave her?

Welcome eye4aneye! I read the story in the Toledo Blade, I thought it was shocking that something like this could take place in Waterville Twp, Ohio.

I think it's strange he was shot in each leg and then they take her rings and cut her finger doing it but, she manages to escape how do you escape 3 goons dressed in black like that? I can understand why people are wondering about the girlfriend

Why is this poor fellow dead? from what I'm reading he'd give you the shirt off his back if he had the cash he would have handed it over IMO

Over on facebook James Safadi's page the girlfriend is there, here is one statement.

" Miss you sooooooo much Jimmy. I can't begin to live the rest of my life without you. You have been the meaning and light of my life for ten years Im doing my best to get through, but it's so incredibly hard. I know you made me strong for a reason, I'm doing my best to stay that way. I wish I could kiss you a million times in a row one last time like I did every night until you made me stop, Love ALWAYS XOXOS"

RE: carryout owner shot and killed. - ramseycat - 06-02-2013

Why do people post that shit on FB? It's not like their loved one can read it. It's a bid for attention. If I were in her shoes the last thing I would be thinking about is posting on FB.