Mock
GAME OF THRONES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: GAME OF THRONES (/thread-10312.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-03-2014

You read the books? You know Tyrion's fate?! Will I find out next week? There's only 2 episodes left this season. How could you stand watching the Viper's head get crushed like a grape? I know you liked his character a great deal.

Oh man, I still can't get over the eye gouging, head crushing stuff. I've seen a lot of gruesome scenes but that might take the cake. It far surpassed the sword through the back of the skull exiting the mouth scene.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Tammy75 - 06-03-2014

I am still reading the books and on book 2 now----better reading now being able to place the characters with their names. I cheated too and wikipedia some of the plot. I normally wiki enough to the show that is coming on so I knew that the mountain was going to die but that he mortally wounded my beloved Prince.

I don't think the Imp's time is over just yet. But haven't read that far ahead.

OHMYWORD, I just said *head*. Crying-into-tissue

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-08-2014

(06-03-2014, 09:11 PM)Tammy75 Wrote: OHMYWORD, I just said *head*. Crying-into-tissue

hah

Something is wrong with my satellite receiver & I have no channels. I need to get it resolved by 9:00 PM. I feel anxious about that given it's a Sunday. Fuckin' hell.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-09-2014

Having only three months of GoT sucks!

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Tammy75 - 06-09-2014

You know nothing Jon Snow.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - crash - 06-09-2014

I know, it's a bad plan. What's your plan?

*sigh*

How many times I could have used that line in my life..

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-09-2014

They want us to care about the characters that we do just so that it's meaningful when they get slaughtered.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Cutz - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 01:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:
They want us to care about the characters that we do just so that it's meaningful when they get slaughtered.
Yeah... I no longer care about any of the characters. Even the people who act like heroes, like Sam starting to act like a gallant dude, I'm just like, "whatever bro, you're signing your own death warrant." No longer care.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-14-2014

Crash, when do you get to see GoT? The finale is Sunday night and I don't want to inadvertently say anything before you've seen it.

Six minutes have been added to this show and the writers have said they think this is their best show yet, they don't know how they can top it. I guess I shouldn't read too much into that, what else could they say really.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - crash - 06-14-2014

I usually get to watch it around 5pm Monday, local time here, depending on how quickly the streaming sites put it up.

I have a busy day Monday, and maybe an overnight stay in the city this Monday night, so I probably won't see it until Tuesday night here, which will be your Tuesday morning.

Don't let that stop you for posting here though (yes, I am inflating my own self importance enough to think that you would!), I usually don't open this thread until I've seen the latest episode..

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-16-2014

I fell asleep right before GoT came on :(

...but I just read a synopsis.

I had high expectations, maybe something is lost between reading & watching.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - crash - 06-16-2014

Wow...braavos!

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-16-2014

Tyrion killed his former lover AND his father. Did not see that coming at all. I clapped like a seal when he shot that first arrow. Fuckin' aye. I'm really looking forward to watching it in its entirety.

Granted I only saw a couple tiny clips but did the bells tolling signify that someone was dead? I ask because Varys got Tyrion on the ship and I thought he was returning to the castle but then when the bells rang he returned to the ship. Bah. I guess I have to see it all to understand.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 06-17-2014

Awesome finale! Sucks we have to wait until April 2015 for a new show. Jeezus.

...but football is right around the corner so that offers some solace.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Cutz - 06-17-2014

Idunno, I felt the resolution of the battle at the Wall was anticlimactic. After devoting an entire episode to showing how many troops the wildlings had, making it seem like an imminent/unstoppable invasion from the north (again, it was the entire episode), all that jazz, and a simple horse led pincer movement just ends it? Dumb.
The Tyrion bit was fun... but Tywin got shot in the gut and the shoulder... am I supposed to believe he's dead? Bri of Tarth was a decent dramatic fight, but I refuse to be happy about heroic characters not dying just because I'm betting they will die in the future. The most interesting part of the episode, to me, was Varys leaving King's Landing. That actually surprised me. I also expected Shae to be a better person than how she turned out to be demonized, so to me that's another character assassination (of honor before life.) Eh, overall I'm burnt out on the show killing off heroes, I'm kinda glad it's over for the year.

Once we were getting to the end I decided I was going to be cool with anything as long as they didn't kill off that hunk of burnin' love Jon Snow. Ned would be so proud of him.

I always root for Tyrion and I will continue to do so. The moments I was so moved over this season all concerned him. I view him as an underdog and I always root for the underdog.

Varys leaving surprised me too but he'll be okay wherever he goes, his network is vast.

RE: GAME OF THRONES - crash - 06-17-2014

(06-17-2014, 09:16 AM)Cutz Wrote: Idunno, I felt the resolution of the battle at the Wall was anticlimactic. After devoting an entire episode to showing how many troops the wildlings had, making it seem like an imminent/unstoppable invasion from the north (again, it was the entire episode), all that jazz, and a simple horse led pincer movement just ends it? Dumb.
The Tyrion bit was fun... but Tywin got shot in the gut and the shoulder... am I supposed to believe he's dead? Bri of Tarth was a decent dramatic fight, but I refuse to be happy about heroic characters not dying just because I'm betting they will die in the future. The most interesting part of the episode, to me, was Varys leaving King's Landing. That actually surprised me. I also expected Shae to be a better person than how she turned out to be demonized, so to me that's another character assassination (of honor before life.) Eh, overall I'm burnt out on the show killing off heroes, I'm kinda glad it's over for the year.

I think tywin is dead and that's why the bells tolled. As soon as varys put together what Tyrian had done, he thought fuck this I'm outta here because the hand of the king is dead and Cersei now can pretty much do as she likes.

The bran not walking again but will fly is interesting. I immediately thought dragons, but mane that's too obvious. Unless he warns into the dragon..

Check out Brienne. I wanted to see what she looks like as herself. She might be the most badass female character I've ever seen. I like the way she kicks ass. She's 6'3". Woooo.

[Image: gwe.jpg]

RE: GAME OF THRONES - crash - 06-17-2014

She looks like she is pilfering a bit too much testosterone from the hormone bank..

RE: GAME OF THRONES - Duchess - 07-26-2014

Bloopers! It helped to see the prince laughing while his head was a bloody pulp.