Mock
The Death List - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Death List (/thread-10437.html)

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 01-01-2016

Trapper John died :(

I was astonished to discover he was in his 80's. I loved him in MASH, I loved MASH period. It's probably my favorite show of all time. That cast were the original Mockers. Awink

Wayne Rogers, who portrayed wisecracking Army surgeon "Trapper John" McIntyre in the first three seasons of TV's "M*A*S*H," died Thursday, his publicist Rona Menashe told Reuters.

He was 82.

Rogers died of complications from pneumonia in Los Angeles, Menashe said.

Rogers' Trapper John was one half of "M*A*S*H's" lead tandem of joke-cracking physicians in the first three seasons of CBS' Korean War comedy-drama, paired with Alan Alda's Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce. The character had been played by Elliott Gould in the 1970 movie.

Story

RE: The Death List - Carsman - 01-01-2016

Natalie Cole died, she was 65. RIP

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 01-01-2016

Lisa Jenkins died Wed. R.I.P Lisa she was 78.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 01-02-2016

I think one more well known person is going to die in the coming days.

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 01-02-2016

I would say Zsa-Zsa but she may end up becoming the worlds oldest mummy. She's feisty.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 01-11-2016

David Bowie died.

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 08:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:

David Bowie died.

I never knew his wife was Iman.

RE: The Death List - Midwest Spy - 01-11-2016

David Bowie died.

'Suffragette City' is in my all-time Top 100.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 09:59 AM)Maggot Wrote:

David Bowie died.

I never knew his wife was Iman.

They've been married for almost 25 years, I think, and kept the press out of their private lives except for the occasional appearance and interview.

[Image: 89ecd2c7eab655bcb7e6f452aab05871.jpg]

Their daughter is a teenager now.

I'll miss new music from David Bowie. His stuff was always really good. RIP.

RE: The Death List - Donovan - 01-11-2016

I understand the album he just released days before he died was a carefully planned goodbye to fans. I,heard some of it, it's good stuff.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 12:16 PM)Donovan Wrote: I understand the album he just released days before he died was a carefully planned goodbye to fans. I,heard some of it, it's good stuff.

I like what I've heard of Blackstar a lot too, Donovan.

I posted the 'Lazarus' video he released just last week in the 'Music NEWS' thread upstairs.

You can see he's not well in the video, but still as interesting and good as ever.

RE: The Death List - Blindgreed1 - 01-11-2016

Bowie wasn't ever my thing, but he was a great song writer. RIP

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 01-15-2016

The law of threes?

Lemmi Kilimister of Motorhead recently died of cancer just days after his 70th birthday. A few days later David Bowie died of cancer at age 69. And, a few days later (Wednesday), character actor Alan Rickman died of pancreatic cancer at age 69.

[Image: alan_rickman_collage_by_grace14518-d2ytq70.jpg]

Rickman was great in Shakespearean productions and also made a great villain in Die Hard, in my opinion. It was hard for me to take my eyes or ears off of him. I've never seen the Harry Potter movies, but I guess he was most universally famous for his role as Professor Snape.

Alan Rickman was diagnosed with the cancer following a stroke back in August, but continued working and only told close friends about his disease.

He recently filmed The Limehouse Golem, a Gothic horror movie set in Victorian London and shot on location in Manchester over the past few months. Two other films featuring Rickman, Eye in the Sky and Alice Through the Looking Glass, are scheduled to be released this year.

Mr. Rickman died in London surrounded by his wife and loved ones. RIP.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3400946/Alan-Rickman-died-pancreatic-cancer-say-sources.html

RE: The Death List - QueenBee - 01-15-2016

Famous only by marriage, but Celine Dion's hubby died from throat cancer yesterday. He had been sick for some time

RE: The Death List - QueenBee - 01-15-2016

Famous '70s TV star Dan Haggerty -- who played Grizzly Adams -- died from cancer early Friday morning ... TMZ has learned.

Haggerty died after battling cancer for the last few months. Sources close to Dan's family tell us doctors discovered the cancer after he had surgery for back pain.

Haggerty starred in the 1977 hit TV show "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" as the lovable mountain man whose BFF was a grizzly bear. He also guest starred on several TV shows like "CHiPs" and "Charlie's Angels."

Haggerty was getting treatment in a hospital until recently when doctors told him the end was near and his son told close friends and family to come visit over the last few days before he passed.

Bunny Ranch owner and friend of Haggertys Dennis Hof tells TMZ, "Grizzly Adams was my friend for 20 years, the Bunnys loved him, he loved to drink with the Bunnys and told amazing jokes."

Dan was 74.

[Image: 0115-main-haggerty-getty-7_zpsnndjdzbf.jpg]

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 01-15-2016

The "tall man" from Phantasm has died or did he really? Angus Scrimm

[Image: th?id=OIP.Me7d92f34eb4c76e250958f485ca07d13H0&pid=15.1]

I liked Dan Haggerty. RIP.

I hope Joe Biden is able to do some good as a sort of Cancer Czar when he leaves office. There have been many advancements in treatments for certain kinds of cancer over the last couple of decades, but still way too many lives cut short by the disease.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 01-15-2016

Cancer is the leading cause of death in my state.

(01-15-2016, 12:54 PM)Duchess Wrote: Cancer is the leading cause of death in my state.

You got me curious about the leading causes of death in California.

Heart disease is first, followed by cancer.

This a cool site where you can look those kinds of stats up quickly by country, state, gender: http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/usa-cause-of-death-by-age-and-gender

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 01-15-2016

I only know that because it was just on the news as I walking through the room yesterday. It overtook heart disease as the number one killer.