Mock
The Death List - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Death List (/thread-10437.html)

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 11-26-2016

Castro is dead.

He survived 600 assassination attempts. Woooo.

Fidel Castro, who led his native Cuba for nearly half a century and was the world's third longest-serving head of state, has died at the age of 90.

With a shaking voice, his younger brother, Raul Castro, announced on state television that the Communist revolutionary died on Friday night.

World leaders have paid tributes to the revolutionary, who came to power in 1959 and survived an estimated 600 assassination attempts, with former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev praising him for 'strengthening' his island nation.

Russian President Vladimir Putin described him as a 'symbol of an era', and said he was a 'distinguished statesman'.

Raul Castro, who succeeded his brother in 2008, told Cubans in the television announcement: 'Today, November 25, at 10.29pm, the Commander in Chief of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro Ruz, passed away.

Story

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 11-26-2016

Good, he was an asshole.

RE: The Death List - OnBendedKnee - 11-26-2016

Sweetest person on the planet: Florence Henderson.
Not the Sweetest person on the planet: Fidel Castro.

RE: The Death List - Clang McFly - 11-26-2016

(11-26-2016, 12:25 PM)Maggot Wrote: Good, he was an asshole.

Yeah, but if he was an American citizen he probably would've made a better President than Trump.

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 11-26-2016

(11-26-2016, 04:33 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Yeah, but if he was an American citizen he probably would've made a better President than Trump.

Oh stop............Castro loved American baseball and that's all he loved about independence. Comparing him to Trump is just stupid. You landlocked Salmon.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 11-26-2016

Well, it always happens in threes, they say...

First Carol Brady, then Fidel Castro, and now........Detective Harris.

[Image: 1126-ron-glass-barney-miller-show-abc-4.jpg]

Ron Glass played Harris on 'Barney Miller' and was reportedly a very kind and generous person in his real life.

He was a member of the Buddhist community in Los Angeles and had been living with a caregiver for some time as he suffered from various illnesses.

Glass was 71. RIP.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/26/barney-miller-ron-glass-dead/

RE: The Death List - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-26-2016

He was also in Firefly

RE: The Death List - Carsman - 11-27-2016

(11-26-2016, 09:08 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, it always happens in threes, they say...

First Carol Brady, then Fidel Castro, and now........Detective Harris.

Two out of the three will be missed.

RE: The Death List - Clang McFly - 11-27-2016

(11-26-2016, 06:46 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(11-26-2016, 04:33 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Oh stop............Castro loved American baseball and that's all he loved about independence. Comparing him to Trump is just stupid. You landlocked Salmon.

Mmmm....landlocked salmon....*drools*

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 11-27-2016

I've always like the bass line from Barney Miller and would always picture Ron Glass playing it when the show would come on. I think it came on after welcome back kotter. Yeah thats right I'm to lazy for commas or capitol letters.

RE: The Death List - SIXFOOTERsez - 12-08-2016

Wow, Another hero dies

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/last-true-national-hero-john-glenn-dead-95-n693391

The Last True National Hero': John Glenn Dead at 95

John Glenn, a war hero who became the first American to orbit the Earth and later served four terms in the U.S. Senate, has died in his home state of Ohio, officials at Ohio State University, where he was being treated at James Cancer Hospital, announced Thursday. He was 95.

The author Tom Wolfe wrote that Glenn, once a small-town American, became "the last true national hero America has ever made."

Image: Harry Reid, John Glenn, Mitch McConnell
At the age of 90, retired senator-astronaut John Glenn shows off his Congressional Gold Medal in the Capitol Rotunda on Nov. 16, 2011, flanked on the left by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and on the right by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. Glenn received the medal for helping to "pave the way for the first lunar landing" in 1969. Evan Vucci / AP
But that's not the only title Glenn earned during his career. As a Marine fighter pilot, while flying 149 combat missions during World War II and the Korean War, he received the nickname "Old Magnet Ass" for his ability to draw enemy fire and keep the plane flying with huge holes blown into its exterior.

Most Americans remember Glenn for taking to space in 1962. Dubbed Friendship 7, Glenn's space capsule circled the Earth and put the United States on equal footing with the Soviet Union in the space race.

Glenn joined the Mercury 7, America's first class of astronauts, after setting the transcontinental speed record as a test pilot. He said he aimed to be the first man in space, but was relegated to a backup role behind Alan Shepard. A Russian cosmonaut beat them to it, and Glenn got the Americans' lead role on February 20, 1962, riding a Mercury-Atlas rocket from Cape Canaveral.

Upon seeing the earth from 100 miles above for the first time, Glenn famously remarked: "Oh, that view is tremendous!" America's New Frontiersman then traveled around the globe three times at 17,500 miles per hour, spending a total of five hours in space.

Glenn's re-entry was particularly shaky, and his capsule nearly burned up in the atmosphere, but when he came down in the ocean 800 miles southeast of Bermuda, the country cheered.

Glenn was met by John F. Kennedy, with whom he became friends. Later, the former astronaut would pursue a political career. His first two attempts at the U.S. Senate failed, but he won a seat from Ohio in 1974. A liberal Democrat, he served four terms and retired in 1999. He briefly ran for president in 1984.

Those a bit younger might remember Glenn's return to space while still a sitting senator. Then 77, Glenn took to space one last time on the shuttle discovery, becoming the oldest person to make the trip.

More recently, Glenn earned the Congressional Gold Medal in 2011.

Glenn has suffered from a number of health problems of late. The 95-year-old former Marine suffered a stroke two years ago after having heart valve replacement surgery.

More than a week ago, Glenn was taken to the James Cancer Hospital at Ohio State University.

RE: The Death List - BlueTiki - 12-08-2016

My oldest brother told me that Kennedy asked Glenn NOT to go up again for fear of losing America's space hero.

Whether this is true or not I can believe it as America was woefully behind the Soviets in space accomplishments.

God speed, John Glenn.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2016

RIP John Glenn. He was one of the good admirable ones.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2016

[Image: 1654895_630x354.jpg]

Alan Thicke died suddenly today. He was 69. RIP.

He reportedly had a heart attack while he was playing hockey with his 19-year-old son, Carter.

Thicke is survived by his 3 sons -- Robin, Brennan and Carter, along with his wife, Tanya.

The Canadian born actor was most famous for his role as Jason Seaver, the dad on the '80s sitcom, "Growing Pains." Prior to the sitcom, he hosted the Alan Thicke show and game shows.

Most recently, he was on the Netflix reboot, "Fuller House" ... and also had a cameo on the first episode of "This Is Us."

Ref: http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/13/alan-thicke-dead

RE: The Death List - SIXFOOTERsez - 12-13-2016

I saw that and recognized the name but had to go back and look to see what shows he did, stuff I never watched
RIP dude

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 12-14-2016

I feel bad that his son had to see that go down. That's just awful. I never, ever want to see someone I love die. Hell, I don't even want to see them dead in a coffin.

RE: The Death List - Clang McFly - 12-14-2016

Damn!:(

Betty White to die before the year is out?

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 12-14-2016

Nooooooo

RE: The Death List - Clang McFly - 12-14-2016

Ok, maybe just Kirk Douglas. He's 100.

RE: The Death List - Ski at 1SKY6 - 12-14-2016

Irwin Corey 102

Olivia de Havilland 100