Mock
The Death List - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Death List (/thread-10437.html)

RE: The Death List - Clang McFly - 03-19-2017

True. And I can still listen to My Ding A Ling and Johnny B Goode and smile. Those two songs always make me happy.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 03-22-2017

RIP Chuck Barris.

[Image: gong_show.jpg]

He died of natural causes at age 87. Barris was most famous as creator and host of the Gong Show. But, he also produced the Newlywed Game, the Dating Game, and a bunch of other cheesy programs.

As "The Gong Show" and Barris' other series were slipping, he sold his company for a reported $100 million in 1980 and decided to go into films.

Afterward, a distraught Barris checked into a New York hotel and wrote his autobiography, "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," in two months. In it, he claimed to have been a CIA assassin. Much later, the book was made into a movie directed by George Clooney.

The CIA dismissed Barris' outlandish claim, but Barris claimed the agency would never admit publicly that they'd hired him to travel around the world to kill enemies of the U.S. Sounds like he was doing some good drugs.

Barris then moved to the south of France with his third wife to escape the Hollywood rat-race. He had relocated back to New York some years before his death yesterday afternoon.

ref: http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/chuck-barris-king-daytime-tv-who-claimed-be-cia-assassin-n736841

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 04-23-2017

Erin Moran played Joanie on "Happy Days".

She was broke and living in a trailer park with her husband and his mom a couple of years back, but the mom kicked them out reportedly because of Moran's very hard daily partying.

[Image: erin-moran-splash-news.jpg]

Moran died today; heroin overdose is suspected. I don't know who called 911, but she was unresponsive when EMTs arrived.

RIP.

RE: The Death List - BigMark - 04-23-2017

That shit must be good, so many people get hooked.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 04-23-2017

Oh man. Life is really hard for some people.

I have mixed feelings about addiction. Sometimes I have compassion and sometimes I feel disgust at what I view as weakness in that moment.

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 05-23-2017

Roger Moore 89 yrs old. R.I.P.

Out went the harder, crueller edge of Sean Connery's 007 to be succeeded by sardonic humour and the inevitable raised eyebrow.
He eventually became the longest-serving actor in the role, his seven Bond films becoming the most commercially successful of the franchise.
His tenure in the role also showcased an array of implausible gadgets and a host of new characters, designed to flesh out Ian Fleming's original plots.
Roger George Moore was born in Stockwell, south London on 14 October 1927, the son of a policeman.
At 15, he entered art college, and later became an apprentice at an animation studio, where it seems much fun was had at his expense.
"I was probably the lowliest in the entire building," he said. "They sent me on errands for things like tins of sprocket holes, and the guy in stores would say he didn't have any - and would rainbow paint do instead?"

BBC link

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2017

I didn't realize Roger Moore was almost 90. Cancer strikes again.

I liked him; classy, funny, great looking family man.

And, he devoted a lot of time to charity, primarily as an ambassador and advocate for UNICEF.

[Image: Roger-Moore-Before-And-After-Plastic-Surgery.jpg]

RIP.

RE: The Death List - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-23-2017

Damn, James Bond is gone
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/roger-moore-james-bond-star-dies-at-89/ar-BBBs2T0?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 05-23-2017

I remember sneaking into the drive in I was 15 she was 24 I don't think I even watched "The spy who loved me" until years later.

RE: The Death List - Midwest Spy - 05-23-2017

He ranked lowest on my list of the three main Bond men.

Connery and Daniel Craig are much more believable when they're kicking ass.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 05-27-2017

Gregg Allman has died at 69. I'd say more but I don't know much about him other than he partied hard & was married to Cher at one time.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 05-28-2017

(05-27-2017, 03:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Gregg Allman has died at 69. I'd say more but I don't know much about him other than he partied hard & was married to Cher at one time.

The Allman Brothers are in my top 5 musical artists, and I like music from every genre. Major talents and vibe setters.

I think this is my favorite of their songs, Sweet Melissa.

Good sexy shit. RIP Gregg Allman.

RE: The Death List - HairOfTheDog - 05-30-2017

The initial news reports that Erin Moran died of drug abuse were wrong. She had troubled times after the show, but there were no illegal drugs in her home or her system when she died.

The coroner's report confirmed what her husband told reporters after the false reports were circulated.

The Happy Days star died of stage 4 cancer. Moran's husband, Steven Fleischmann, penned an open letter about his wife's last days and her cancer. "It got so bad, so fast," he wrote. "I fell asleep, woke up about a hour later, still holding her hand and she was gone. She was just gone." http://www.etonline.com/news/218636_happy_days_star_erin_moran_cause_of_death_confirmed/

RE: The Death List - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-31-2017

Paul O'Neal croaked
Talented dude

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/coroner-trans-siberian-orchestra-founder-died-of-overdose/ar-BBBGQfg?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Paul O'Neill, the founder of the progressive metal band Trans-Siberian Orchestra, died of an accidental drug overdose, a Florida medical examiner said in a report released Tuesday.
The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner in Tampa wrote in an autopsy report dated May 25 that O'Neill had methadone, codeine, diazepam and an antihistamine in his system when he died April 5 in Tampa. The county released the report on Tuesday.

The cause of death for the 61-year-old was intoxication and the manner of death was drug abuse. He was found dead in a hotel room.

O'Neill was a rock producer and manager who founded Trans-Siberian Orchestra in 1996, blending heavy metal with classical music and creating a unique brand of rock theater. He tapped three members of the Tarpon Springs, Florida, band Savatage to be part of TSO and intended for it to be a "supergroup," similar to popular bands like ELO, Pink Floyd and Yes.

The band is best known for its takes on Christmas staples like "Carol of the Bells," but also more experimental, arena-rock songs such as "Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)," which described a lone cello player playing a forgotten holiday song in war-torn Sarajevo. That song was on the band's 1996 album, "Christmas Eve and Other Stories," which went triple platinum.

Fans especially loved the band's Christmas tours, which were heavy on guitar solos and heavier on special effects — similar to a Broadway Christmas pageant with a heavy metal soundtrack. One magazine once wrote that "TSO has enough pyro to BBQ an entire school of blue whales" during a show.

But O'Neill, with his signature flowing locks, sunglasses and leather jackets, was remembered by fans for his deep generosity. He kept a case of silver dollars with him on tour and would hand out coins to fans from the year they were born. Others recalled him tipping waitresses thousands of dollars for a post-show meal and buying drum sets for young fans.

In the hours after his death, the band said in a statement that O'Neill died from a "chronic illness." The band wrote on its website in mid-April that O'Neill had several health issues, from chronic spine problems to Meniere's disease, a disorder of the inner ear.

"For Paul, this was a constant battle, causing him to race against time to write and record as much music as possible, before, like Beethoven, his ears ultimately betrayed him," the band wrote. At the time of his death, he was writing two rock operas.

The band's statement said O'Neill overworked himself, spending weeks alone in the studio, jumping around amid bursts of flame on stage and flying around the U.S. with no sleep, all aggravating his chronic spine problems.

"He would gladly do it for the music and for the fans," the band wrote. "While all witnessed Paul's seemingly superhuman feats, few witnessed afterward the physical toll these took on him."

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 05-31-2017

There sure does seem to be a lot of accidental overdoses. That topic probably deserves its own thread.

RE: The Death List - BigMark - 05-31-2017

Valium is super addictive.

RE: The Death List - Maggot - 06-10-2017

Adam West has died at 88 yrs old..........To the Batcave!!!!
[Image: rexfeatures_1546961a.jpg]

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 06-10-2017

Bummer. Batman died. Na na na na Na na na na BATMAN!

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 06-15-2017

Tonight the Bat-signal will light up the sky over LA in honor of Adam West.

[Image: pkZWa.gif]

RE: The Death List - Carsman - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 11:00 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Tonight the Bat-signal will light up the sky over LA in honor of Adam West.

[Image: pkZWa.gif]

l