Mock
The Death List - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The Death List (/thread-10437.html)

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 07-31-2023

Pee-wee Herman died, kids. He was 70. RIP.

Didn't he get caught fapping in a movie theater or am I thinking of someone else?

RE: The Death List - BigMark - 07-31-2023

Yes, he was choking the chicken while others were eating popcorn.

RE: The Death List - cannongal - 08-01-2023

Sinead  o'conner  died last week.   I used to like her songs.   I heard she ripped up a picture of the pope on Saturday night live.  Meh.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 05:55 AM)cannongal Wrote:   I heard she ripped up a picture of the pope on Saturday night live.  Meh.

She did. It was to draw attention to sex abuse within the church waaaay before people were talking about it. She was condemned by many for that.

RE: The Death List - sally - 08-01-2023

That just shows where the world’s priorities are at. People care more about the pope and that stupid religion than kids being sexually abused.

RE: The Death List - rothschild - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 06:06 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 05:55 AM)cannongal Wrote:   I heard she ripped up a picture of the pope on Saturday night live.  Meh.

She did. It was to draw attention to sex abuse within the church waaaay before people were talking about it. She was condemned by many for that.

I watched her do it and had no problem with it. Seemed a bit strange, but the Vatican is pure evil as far as I'm concerned. And so is Hollywood.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 11:20 AM)sally Wrote: That just shows where the world’s priorities are at. People care more about the pope and that stupid religion than kids being sexually abused.

The Catholic church has done an atrocious job of handling sex abuse in its clergy. Just awful. Under no circumstances do they like handling any of it in the public eye. They spent years and years simply moving (accused) priests around from one community to another. They want to handle all their issues in house, so to speak, no outside interference, as in law enforcement. They are devious.

My family wasn't, and isn't, overly religious, but I went to a Catholic school, had Catechism every week and church on Sunday. I wanted to be an altar girl so bad & I can remember being super pissed that only boys were allowed (there's a sarcastic joke there) I am not a good Catholic. There are a fuck ton of rules and it is VERY easy to sin.

RE: The Death List - sally - 08-02-2023

My mom got her ass beat for not making a confession. So the next time she went she just made up a lie that she stole candy from a store so she wouldn’t get her ass best again. I never met her parents, but they sounded like some real fucking weirdos.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 12:22 AM)sally Wrote: My mom got her ass beat for not making a confession. 

That's awful and not Christian-like at all. A true Christian is one who is forgiving & tolerant, they are not judgmental & unforgiving. There is a fuck ton of counterfeit Christians out there and they are easy to identify.

RE: The Death List - BigMark - 08-02-2023

The smallest country in the world, Vatican City, is situated on the west bank of the Tiber River. Here lies the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church, one of the largest and wealthiest organizations in the world. With over five million tourists a year, and only about eight hundred permanent residents, the country is like no other. Since 313 A.D, when the Catholic Church became the official religion of the Roman Empire, the power of the church has constantly expanded. Given the peculiarity of this country, you might wonder how its economy functions, and how it might compare to other countries. However, the Vatican’s economy is filled with secrets, conspiracies, and scandals, leaving the truth behind the country hard to uncover. 

Although it is hard to find the exact numbers regarding the finances of the Vatican, there are multiple reports that shine a light on the possible economics behind the Holy See, the governing body of the country. To start, the Holy See generates revenue through something called Peter’s Pence. Since the 8th century, this has been the term used to describe the money received from donations by Catholics around the world, given to the Pope on an annual basis. The country also collects revenue through admissions to its museums, tours, highly sought-after stamps and coins, and the sale of publications. (Parker, 2021) Lastly, the Holy See also invests in companies and artifacts, hoping they appreciate in value. (CIA, 2022)
The coins mentioned above that are highly valued by collectors are minted within the walls of the city and are supposed to be financially equivalent to the euro. However, very few are made, causing collectors around the world to buy these coins imprinted with current and former Popes for significantly more than they are supposed to be worth. The history behind these coins is unique, as they were made due to the fact that the Vatican was not allowed to join the European Union, and thus could not use the euro as a form of currency. The main reason for their denial into the EU was because of their form of government. The EU requires all countries entering this pact to be democracies, but the Vatican is ruled by a monarchy, with the Pope acting as the king.

The Catholic Church is estimated to be worth about 30 Billion USD. (Bourke, 2018)  Along with this, the Central Intelligence Agency’s World Factbook estimates the city had revenues of $315 million and expenditures of $348 million in 2013. However, after 2013, the Holy See has experienced a deficit estimated to be upwards of $30 million. This was primarily due to the decreasing price of gold, a valuable and largely held asset of the Catholic Church, not only in the form of gold bars but also in the massive amounts of precious metals that can be found in artifacts and buildings owned by the church.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 09-29-2023

It's being reported that Senator Diane Feinstein has died at 90.

She's looked really bad the last several times I've seen her and she should have retired from her position quite some time ago.

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 10-29-2023

Matthew Perry is dead. He was only 54. I saw it reported that he had drowned in his hot tub. I was a fan of Friends and thought he was a funny fucker.

RE: The Death List - cannongal - 10-29-2023

Richard Mall, best known for his role as "Bull" shannon in Night Court, passed away on October 26th
He was 80 years old.

RE: The Death List - MirahM - 10-29-2023

Does anyone here participate in Día de los Muertos celebrations?

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 10-29-2023

No, and I don't think I've ever heard of that.

RE: The Death List - MirahM - 10-29-2023

Day of the dead
Nov 1 & 2

The first time I celebrated it (celebrate seems a strange word to use)
we put the names of people who had died the past year on the alter

It was healing, I appreciated being able to think about those people, rather than just be able to mourn them once at a funeral.

There is way more to day of the dead of course, but that is one part i appreciated.

RE: The Death List - pyropappy - 11-01-2023

On October 5th I nearly made the list...

I tore a large chunk of skin off of my right calf; I thought I was going to bleed out before the ambulance would get there. I left a huge puddle of blood on my back deck and filled my right shoe.

skin graft with and without spot light

The graft didn't take so I had to return to the OR 2 weeks later to have it excised and drain a hematoma that had gotten infected. Now it is just an ulgy wound that is going to leave one hell of a scar.

RE: The Death List - MirahM - 11-02-2023

Damn! Glad you made it!

RE: The Death List - Duchess - 11-02-2023

(11-01-2023, 08:33 PM)pyropappy Wrote: On October 5th I nearly made the list...

I tore a large chunk of skin off of my right calf; I thought I was going to bleed out before the ambulance would get there. I left a huge puddle of blood on my back deck and filled my right shoe.

skin graft with and without spot light

The graft didn't take so I had to return to the OR 2 weeks later to have it excised and drain a hematoma that had gotten infected. Now it is just an ulgy wound that is going to leave one hell of a scar.

Holy fuckity fuck, Pappy! How did you do that to your calf? I'm sorry you've been through all that. Has the danger passed? Are you healed now? I can't look at the pix.

RE: The Death List - pyropappy - 11-03-2023

(11-02-2023, 07:26 AM)Duchess Wrote: Holy fuckity fuck, Pappy! How did you do that to your calf? I'm sorry you've been through all that. Has the danger passed? Are you healed now? I can't look at the pix.

justa freak accident; wrong place at the wrong time. I had a power chair fall off of a step, down onto the back of my leg. it left a memorable impression, if not an lasting mark.

yes, I am out of danger. I am just injured and need time to heal. Been doing a whole lot of sleeping the past few weeks. lol