Mock
TERRIBLE :( - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: TERRIBLE :( (/thread-10562.html)

TERRIBLE :( - Duchess - 10-08-2013

I tried not to read it after seeing the headline but I had no self control.

A grandmother has been charged with the murder of her granddaughter after she allegedly hit the baby with a sledgehammer as she lay sleeping before slitting her throat.

Alfreda Giedrojc, 61, is believed to have killed six-month-old Vivian Summers on Sunday morning, authorities said on Monday.

The grandmother, of Oak Lawn, Illinois, allegedly placed the baby on the floor of the suburban home and hit her repeatedly with the sledgehammer. She then retrieved a carving knife from the kitchen and slit the baby’s throat.

Giedrojc has been charged with first-degree murder and held without bond in the Cook County jail.

The alleged killer is the maternal grandmother of baby Vivian. Giedrojc's daughter Amy has been married to Joel Summers since September 2009.

A message left at a phone listing for Giedrojc in Oak Lawn was not immediately returned. Oak Lawn Police Chief Michael Murray called the baby’s death 'a tragedy'.

Giedrojc, who is originally from Poland, had been left alone with baby Vivian while her husband Bill and their son-in-law left to help a family member with household repairs.

Vivian had been asleep on the sofa at her grandparents home in Oak Lawn, a suburb to Chicago, when Giedrojc went to fetch a sledgehammer which she had hidden in her closet the night before.

Placing the infant on the floor, Giedrojc repeatedly hit Vivian over the head and body with the hammer and when the child did not die, Giedrojc picked her up and slit her throat with a carving knife taken from her kitchen.

Upon his return to the house, Giedrojc's husband made the gruesome discovery and called police. Vivian was pronounced dead in hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Story

[Image: article-2449433-189D5D1E00000578-960_634x460.jpg]

[Image: article-2449433-1899AD7900000578-179_634x436.jpg]

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Carsman - 10-08-2013

Un fuckin believable! Wt Lame bitch The_Villagers

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Carsman - 10-08-2013

(Double post)

That SOB S/B drawn & quartered!!! Just let me have 5 minutes with that sledge hammer & I would show her how it felt. 36

RE: TERRIBLE :( - ramseycat - 10-08-2013

Wow. I really don't know what to say. Not that this would matter. But was her reason?

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Duchess - 10-08-2013

There was no reason given, she's due back in court on the 28th so maybe we'll find out a little more then.

It was reported that while she's lived in the US for 30 years, she needed a Polish translator in court. How can you live somewhere for that length of time and not know the language?

RE: TERRIBLE :( - HairOfTheDog - 10-08-2013

(10-08-2013, 07:35 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Wow. I really don't know what to say. Not that this would matter. But was her reason?

Authorities declined to offer a motive when she was charged.

It really is a terribly sad story.

Personally, I think grandma is nuts, but authorities also declined to comment on any history of mental illness.

ETA: posting at same time as Duchess

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Maggot - 10-08-2013

And to think there are good people out there getting killed in car accidents, falls, bad luck, and this pc of shit still walks among us.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Cheyne - 10-09-2013

The infant had been dropped off by her father, Giedrocz's son-in-law, who was helping Giedrocz's son work on his house across the street. Giedrocz's husband, Bill, went over to check on their progress, leaving Giedrocz alone with the child, Assistant State's Attorney Michael Deno said.

Then, Deno said, Giedrocz went to a closet and pulled out a sledgehammer she had placed there the night before.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-08/news/chi-grandmother-charged-in-oak-lawn-infants-slaying-20131007_1_sledgehammer-knife-oak-lawn

If the bolded line is true, it's going to be tough to prove an insanity plea.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - SIXFOOTERsez - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 08:25 AM)Cheyne Wrote: If the bolded line is true, it's going to be tough to prove an insanity plea.
Nah, insane doesn't mean stupid. Crazy people are completely capable of planning some fucked up shit.
This one is batshit crazy

RE: TERRIBLE :( - sally - 10-09-2013

She must be related to this nasty old bitch that watched and masturbated as her husband and son raped and murdered a 6 year old boy. They look a like.

[Image: edenfields_zpsaa836719.jpg]

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Duchess - 10-09-2013

Masturbated while they raped & murdered him? Oh my god.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Cheyne - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 09:04 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(10-09-2013, 08:25 AM)Cheyne Wrote: If the bolded line is true, it's going to be tough to prove an insanity plea.
Nah, insane doesn't mean stupid. Crazy people are completely capable of planning some fucked up shit.
This one is batshit crazy

Six, you're probably right.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - sally - 10-10-2013

(10-09-2013, 02:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Masturbated while they raped & murdered him? Oh my god.

Yes, it's one of the most horrific crimes I've ever read. I can't imagine the hell the family of that little boy lives in everyday having to think about it.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - HairOfTheDog - 10-10-2013

(10-10-2013, 02:20 PM)sally Wrote: Yes, it's one of the most horrific crimes I've ever read. I can't imagine the hell the family of that little boy lives in everyday having to think about it.

It really was horrific; the depravity boggles the mind.

The son, George Edenfiled, who raped Christopher Barrios was already a convicted child molester with the cognitive abilities of a 5 year old. He was found incompetent to stand trial.

Edenfiled's parents could have saved the boy, but David Edenfiled instead chose to help his son strangle Christopher to death so he could see what it felt like to kill someone (his own words to cops, according to prosecutors back in 2007).

Then, all three of them and a family friend dumped Christopher's body and left him in a bag in the woods to rot.

Peggy Edenfileld was spared the death penalty because she testified against her husband, but she's locked up and won't be going anywhere. Fortunately, David Edenfield was sentenced to death.

I was relieved this year when David Edenfield's appeal was denied by the George Supreme Court. Justice Keith Blackwell didn't mince any words in rendering his decision:

“There was more than enough evidence to sustain the finding beyond a reasonable doubt that the murder was outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible, or inhuman in that it involved torture and depravity of mind."

The sooner the state of Georgia fries Edenfiled, the better. IMO.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - sally - 10-10-2013

The father also had a prior conviction of incest with his mentally retarded daughter. I wish they would just eradicate all these sickos the first time around.

RE: TERRIBLE :( - Duchess - 10-11-2013

(10-10-2013, 08:24 PM)sally Wrote: I wish they would just eradicate all these sickos the first time around.

I do too. We know that people who do this kind of thing can't be helped, they cannot be rehabilitated so they should be put down like rabid dogs.

These stories are so awful. I can't keep from imagining their fear & pain and it is crushing. 21