Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-25-2014

He knew he wasn't coming out of this alive. His plan was to take a bunch of xanax, I think it was, drink some booze and with 2 of his guns simultaneously shoot himself on each side of his head.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - FAHQTOO - 05-25-2014

(05-25-2014, 06:57 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Most chicks have a built in Creepo radar, it seems to have worked for this particular squirrel. what a whack job.
So, before everyone goes all gun control nuts, where did the squirrel get the guns? It said Legally bought but by who and where?
I don't blame Martinez' dad for his rant, he never said Motherfucker or anything, I would never have been able to be that articulate and inoffensive were I in his shoes.
The squirrel was a whacko for sure, Playing and putting on for the camera, the cops choked on not investigating his weirdness reported by his family, they need to take some heat for it.

Yes, we do have a 'creeper' radar, at least I do.

I agree with you on the police taking some of the heat. Reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer when the police let that kid go without checking his apartment. The police should have checked that kids apartment after the shit his dad reported to them.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 05-26-2014

(05-25-2014, 06:57 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: . . . the cops choked on not investigating his weirdness reported by his family, they need to take some heat for it.

I can't help but wonder if LE was "star struck", knowing his father was an assistant director for the Hunger Games and didn't push the issue?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-26-2014

I'll look for a legitimate news source to confirm this but the Daily Mail is reporting that he mailed his manifesto to one of his therapists and his parents before beginning the killing. After contacting police his parents were looking for him when they heard breaking news of the shootings over the car radio.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-26-2014

(05-26-2014, 04:34 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-25-2014, 06:57 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: . . . the cops choked on not investigating his weirdness reported by his family, they need to take some heat for it.

I can't help but wonder if LE was "star struck", knowing his father was an assistant director for the Hunger Games and didn't push the issue?

I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't at least part of it.
Are most California cops so enured to the weirdness that they ignore what most of the rest us would consider the obvious? I am not accusing at this point, just curious

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-26-2014

I think it's time to have some kind of mental health database that connects with gun licensing. I understand about laws in place to protect the privacy of those who have mental health issues but it's time the public has more of a right to live.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-26-2014

(05-26-2014, 01:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I think it's time to have some kind of mental health database that connects with gun licensing. I understand about laws in place to protect the privacy of those who have mental health issues but it's time the public has more of a right to live.

Its past time for that, same as the last time, problem is the anti gun crowd goes nutz and tries to take way too much.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 05-26-2014

20 1st graders were slaughtered at an elementary school, not to mention 6 faculty members.

As I said then, if that incident didn't compel our country to do something, nothing ever would.

This UCSB incident was chump change compared to that.

Hell, half the body count was accomplished with a knife.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-26-2014

Updates

These are the roommates that Rodger stabbed to death before going on his shooting spree.
[Image: 20140525_093724_shootvictims_500.jpg]
20-year-old Weihan "James" Wang of Fremont, 19-year-old George Chen of San Jose, 20-year-old Cheng Yuan Hong of San Jose. RIP.

Snip:

Elliot Rodger's parents were rushing to stop him from hurting anyone Friday night when they heard news of a shooting and feared their son was involved. They had driven to Santa Barbara after seeing an alarming video in which he promised a deadly "revenge against humanity."

That's the story as told to the by Simon Astaire, a family friend of the Rodgers who says the 22-year-old's parents had called the authorities along the way — only to be told when they arrived that their son had killed six people and apparently himself. The divorced couple had been alerted to the possible danger by their son's therapist after Elliot Rodger sent an email and posted the video message online. By the time they reached Santa Barbara, it was all over.

— "Courteous and polite." "Timid and shy." Those are the words sheriff's deputies used to describe Elliot Rodger when they visited him weeks ago at his family's request, Shirley Jahad of member station reports. She says the deputies who spoke to Rodger didn't think he qualified for a "5150" detention, which would have put him under psychiatric care for 72 hours.

— "Obviously, looking back on this, it's a very tragic situation and we certainly wish that we could turn the clock back and maybe change some things," Sheriff Bill Brown said on CBS' on Sunday. "At the time deputies interacted with him, he was able to convince them that he was OK."

— Rodger lived in a gray area, as someone who was noticeably sad and alone but who was also "highly functioning," his troubles never blowing out of control to the point that authorities felt the need to intervene, the reports.

— The Santa Barbara County sheriff's department says three 9mm pistols were found in Rodger's black BMW — along with 49 ammunition magazines for the guns (five of which were empty). All three weapons were loaded, had been purchased legally and were registered in the suspect's name, police say, citing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/05/26/316092467/parents-of-elliot-rodger-heard-of-attack-as-they-tried-to-stop-him
---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think Santa Barbara police were star struck by the kid of an assistant director in L.A. -- it was the parents who reported their son to police in the first place.

I think Elliot Rodger put on an act and didn't give police any probable cause to search his home or put him into psychiatric care without his consent.

I do wish LE had checked for other signs of mental disturbance (police say they were unaware of all the bizarre Youtube rant videos he'd posted in the months leading up to the attacks) or asked to see his room, at least. Even if SBPD had no real means to suspect that they were dealing with a would-be mass-murderer at the time, they should have assumed he was a possible suicide risk, IMO.

(05-26-2014, 05:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't think Santa Barbara police were star struck by the kid of an assistant director in L.A. -- it was the parents who reported their son to police in the first place.

I think Elliot Rodger put on an act and didn't give police any probable cause to search his home or put him into psychiatric care without his consent.

The only reason I broached the subject is the conspicuous absence of any reports from investigating LE interviewing the original complainants . . . his parents.

Who knows? Everything remotely "Hollywood" ends up on TMZ.

Maybe they didn't want to sully a reputation (parents') over a perceived non-starter?

I absolutely agree that the kid schmoozed and confused LE.

And I believe if the roommates had been Black, instead of Asian, it would be all about race . . . not misogyny, gun control and mental health.

Yeah, it's not really clear yet how much the parents told police when they reported their son and what, if anything, they requested police do other than check on him. They could have asked LE to keep it quiet, IDK.

At first it was reported that it was dad who called police last week after being alarmed by Youtube videos being posted by his son. Now, it's being reported that it was bio-mom who called after seeing them.

But, the LE spokesperson stated that SBPD wasn't aware of the videos at all.

Rodgers' therapist is the one who alerted his bio-mom on Friday night; telling her that Elliot had sent the therapist an email about his plans, along with the "Retribution" video -- all the wheels were already in motion by then.

He was a crafty evil little mofo.

P.s. Discouraging -- we see teens and young adults plan or succeed at doing this kinda shit and the parents often have no idea how far gone their kids are mentally. In this case, the parents seem to have had a pretty good idea and even reported their kid to authorities -- didn't make a bit of difference.

It's just me.

I've never known of LE not interviewing the complainant . . . before or after.

Just because a complaint is lodged, it doesn't guarantee the complainant is competent and truthful.

(05-26-2014, 08:16 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: It's just me.

I've never known of LE not interviewing the complainant . . . before or after.

Just because a complaint is lodged, it doesn't guarantee the complainant is competent and truthful.

It's not just you; I'm curious as to what exactly the parent told police when calling in to report Rodger last week.

If SBPD is telling it like it is, doesn't appear that the parent told them that Rodger had documented threats to kill himself and seek revenge against others. If that was the case, I'd sure expect any responding officer to check for guns and other weapons at the residence (or in follow-up if they were declined a search w/o a warrant -- the guns were all registered in Elliot Rodger's name).

Either the parent didn't report the extent of the danger and just requested a welfare check or something like that, or PD really dropped the ball (IMO). Maybe both.

MYRTLE BEACH MEMORIAL WEEKEND SHOOTINGS

Myrtle Beach authorities responded to six separate shootings Saturday that left three people dead and five people wounded in the popular South Carolina resort city, police Capt. David Knipes said Sunday. (HOTD: there were reportedly only two homicides in Myrtle Beach in all of last year.)

The deadly incident occurred at the beachfront Bermuda Sands motel, where three men were killed and one person was wounded. Knipes said no one has been arrested.

At the time of the shooting, people lined the sidewalks of Ocean Boulevard, which was jammed with Memorial Day vacationers and people who came to the area for Atlantic Beach BikeFest.

"I was scared to death. I just took off and started running. I was scared," Debra Lovack told WPDE.

In one of the other nearby incidents, a woman was shot in the chin and a man in the shoulder. There were four other shootings where two people were wounded, police said.

Knipes said police don't believe the shootings are connected.

Source: http://us.cnn.com/2014/05/25/us/myrtle-beach-shootings/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - thekid65 - 05-27-2014

I don't hold the PD accountable for this. Everyone is looking for someone to blame, EXCEPT the nut-job himself. The Dad of one of the victims is pointing the finger at the NRA...wtf....

Policeman are just that...they arent trained psychologists. And had they gone in, done a thorough search, and confiscated this guys weapons, or perhaps even held him for observation in some mental hospital for evaluation, groups like the ACLU would be all over their asses claiming his rights were violated.

It's a no win situation for the cops in this case.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 08:17 AM)thekid65 Wrote: I don't hold the PD accountable for this. Everyone is looking for someone to blame, EXCEPT the nut-job himself. The Dad of one of the victims is pointing the finger at the NRA...wtf....

Policeman are just that...they arent trained psychologists. And had they gone in, done a thorough search, and confiscated this guys weapons, or perhaps even held him for observation in some mental hospital for evaluation, groups like the ACLU would be all over their asses claiming his rights were violated.

It's a no win situation for the cops in this case.

It's definitely tough for cops to gauge mental wellness and stability, especially with people who are on meds and crafty. This guy wasn't bouncing off the walls and there was no history of violence or "episodes" on his record.

In this case, I don't know if the cops messed up or not yet -- need more info. It's important, to me, not to screen it if cops did drop the ball (even though I agree that Rodger is the the obvious bad guy and responsible for the deaths) -- not for punitive reasons against the cops, but so that it can be a learning experience and area of focus for other cops who find themselves investigating a similar complaint/situation.

I don't think the ACLU would have been all of over the cops in this particular case -- Rodger made suicidal and homicidal threats and posted them in the public domain. Why didn't SBPD know about those threats from the parents and/or therapist who reported Elliot Rodger -- or were cops in fact told about them and just never followed-up? I'm hoping that question is answered soon.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - thekid65 - 05-27-2014

What I'd also like to know is if this guy was on medications as a young kid. I've recently read an interesting study (can't remember what site it was) that showed a direct correlation to kids that have had Ritalin, and other pills shoved down their throats, to those kids which have grown up and committed these types of crimes.

As a society, we've become way to dependent, and complacent, on the approach of the medical community of treating, or over treating as the case may be, minor behavioral disorders with powerful medications. And then wonder why folks are fucked up later on in life.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 05-27-2014

(05-26-2014, 01:52 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(05-26-2014, 01:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Its past time for that, same as the last time, problem is the anti gun crowd goes nutz and tries to take way too much.
This.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 05-27-2014

Its to bad nobody had a chance to blow his head off at some point during all this.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 01:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: Its to bad nobody had a chance to blow his head off at some point during all this.
He's a rich kid. He felt entitled to those pretty girls. Women can pick up the crazy vibe from men. Men? Not so much. From what I've seen, he was a social moron so it's likely only women got the creepy crazy vibe.