Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-25-2022

(05-25-2022, 06:57 AM)Misguided Wrote:  as soon as Biden started his gun control comments,I walked away. 

I listened to the President address the school shooting last night and I didn't hear that, so after reading your post I went back to listen to his comments again. I did not hear him talk about gun control at all. I saw him express sadness & disgust.

For years I've listened to people talk about their concerns regarding their gun rights. For years those people have said Democrats, Liberals, the Left were coming after their guns. Year after year it is said, and yet, none of you have lost your guns, nor have your rights been infringed upon.

Is it true that I can buy thousands of rounds of ammo and there is no background check, but if I buy Sudafed at my drugstore my personal info goes into a national database? Is that fucking true?

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 05-25-2022

(05-18-2022, 01:58 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 10:19 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 09:25 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 08:50 AM)rothschild Wrote: far more mass shootings by blacks than there are whites. 

examples?

The most recent one that was racially motivated happened in NY City about 2 months ago. Black man with lots of racial postings on social media shot up a subway station during rush hour.

Wow. 1. But I know you have more.

(05-25-2022, 06:11 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 08:32 PM)sally Wrote:  armed dedicated, qualified security guards.

Nope. Armed law enforcement officers were unable to stop him.
Well apparently it didn't help in this case, but having armed security in schools is still better than having none.

This is Amerie, she was 10. She was shot & killed only hours after this picture was taken. Her teacher who signed it is up^^^^^^there.

[Image: FTmpa70XoAE1r31?format=jpg&name=large]

(05-25-2022, 11:10 AM)sally Wrote: Well apparently it didn't help in this case, but having armed security in schools is still better than having none.

I both agree & disagree. Sorry, I'm a contradiction. I believe it could be a deterrent, but it didn't help yesterday & it didn't help the Majorie Douglas kids. It didn't help the people in the supermarket 10 days ago either.

This morning a kid said to a parent, "don't worry, we train for this". Jesus Christ! They are kids in school, not military in training.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - MirahM - 05-25-2022

It is so fucking sad. How do we parent during these times? How do we teach?
@Misguided I have opened up my timeline for discussions, I have listened and asked questions.
Yet here we are.
Some don't want to address it, as not thier problem.

(05-18-2022, 01:58 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 10:19 AM)rothschild Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 09:25 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 08:50 AM)rothschild Wrote: far more mass shootings by blacks than there are whites. 

examples?

The most recent one that was racially motivated happened in NY City about 2 months ago. Black man with lots of racial postings on social media shot up a subway station during rush hour.

Wow. 1. But I know you have more.

(05-25-2022, 12:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 11:10 AM)sally Wrote: Well apparently it didn't help in this case, but having armed security in schools is still better than having none.

I both agree & disagree. Sorry, I'm a contradiction. I believe it could be a deterrent, but it didn't help yesterday & it didn't help the Majorie Douglas kids. It didn't help the people in the supermarket 10 days ago either.

This morning a kid said to a parent, "don't worry, we train for this". Jesus Christ! They are kids in school, not military in training.

An armed guard at the entrance of a properly secured school might get shot dead, but he might also be able to stop it. There is no way to know what's going to happen, but if I were sending my children to school, I'd prefer it to be one with tight security and police officers or at least trained security. This is happening way too much for a lot of schools to still not have that. I don't think people should have easy access to all the weapons they desire either, but I don't think that's going to change anytime soon so schools need to have better security.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 05-25-2022

(05-25-2022, 10:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 06:57 AM)Misguided Wrote:  as soon as Biden started his gun control comments,I walked away. 

I listened to the President address the school shooting last night and I didn't hear that, so after reading your post I went back to listen to his comments again. I did not hear him talk about gun control at all. I saw him express sadness & disgust.

For years I've listened to people talk about their concerns regarding their gun rights. For years those people have said Democrats, Liberals, the Left were coming after their guns. Year after year it is said, and yet, none of you have lost your guns, nor have your rights been infringed upon.

You make it sound like they haven't tried, which is wrong. They've been trying for decades, at the same time FEMA is stockpiling weapons and ammo. Most recently, the Chipman(?) nomination, that failed because he's a certified anti-gun nut.

Guns are problematic, but it's the culture that's "the problem". Neither party has real solutions to offer.

(05-25-2022, 12:42 PM)MirahM Wrote: It is so fucking sad. How do we parent during these times? How do we teach?
@Misguided I have opened up my timeline for discussions, I have listened and asked questions.
Yet here we are.
Some don't want to address it, as not thier problem.

In bygone times people knew who their neighbors were. By and large, modernity has meant the destruction of community, and we're paying for that in spades, in many, many ways.

(05-24-2022, 08:17 PM)sally Wrote: I'm sick. Perhaps instead of giving billions to corrupt Ukraine we should be putting it towards all of our schools having extra security.

We need to get back to having communities again. This sickness we're seeing everywhere is what happens when communities die and people are reduced to living as isolated individuals -- people slowly go insane. "Security" is nothing more than a band-aid. Better than nothing, but it doesn't even begin to make up for the absence of community.

Well we have to do something about this insane shit, That's for sure.

(05-25-2022, 02:57 PM)rothschild Wrote: You make it sound like they haven't tried, which is wrong. 

I'm sad mad. Hold me.

[Image: FTolQFkXwAoomx-?format=jpg&name=medium]

(05-25-2022, 04:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 02:57 PM)rothschild Wrote: You make it sound like they haven't tried, which is wrong. 

I'm sad mad. Hold me.

We should be sad and mad, but try to understand that there is no legislative fix for this. "We the people" have to get involved and stop relying on/following corrupt leaders. Corruption is the root of all evil, not money. Greed is but one form of corruption, not the only one.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 05-26-2022

It seems to me one important starting point should be 
that “body armor” should not be sold to j q public! 
No need for it, unless going in to a anticipated gunfight! 
And again AR15’s and the like are for going to war, not 
hunting or target shooting, they must be banned!!! IMO

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-26-2022

It's even worse than I thought & that's saying something!

The shooter went into the classroom and locked the door. The police left him there! The kids that were murdered along with their teachers were all in that room. He was left in there for 40-60 minutes! What a shitty fucking response from LEO's

[Image: FTp7wfbWUAI-66a?format=jpg&name=large]

Parents were begging the cops to do something after learning the shooter was trapped in there with their kids and when they wouldn't the parents tried to rush the school to save their kids themselves. They were held back at gunpoint. 

Man. This is going to be some investigation.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 05-26-2022

(05-26-2022, 06:04 AM)Duchess Wrote: Parents were begging the cops to do something after learning the shooter was trapped in there with their kids and when they wouldn't the parents tried to rush the school to save their kids themselves. They were held back at gunpoint. 

Man. This is going to be some investigation.

Was the shooter evil, or were these cops cowardly?

I'd say the shooter had serious psych/personality disorders, I think it's a copout to say someone is "evil". What's that supposed to mean, that there was nothing you could do? Bullshit. Why couldn't the two cops that engaged him outside the school get in a leg shot, or run him over with their cruiser? Were they too afraid?

Cops should have stun grenades and/or nets to deploy in situations like this. They shouldn't have to wait for the tactical unit to come in and save the day. Body armor doesn't make you invincible, it just makes you more dangerous.

(05-26-2022, 06:55 AM)rothschild Wrote: Was the shooter evil, or were these cops cowardly?

I'd say the shooter had serious psych/personality disorders, I think it's a copout to say someone is "evil". What's that supposed to mean, that there was nothing you could do? Bullshit. Why couldn't the two cops that engaged him outside the school get in a leg shot, or run him over with their cruiser? Were they too afraid?

Cops should have stun grenades and/or nets to deploy in situations like this. They shouldn't have to wait for the tactical unit to come in and save the day. Body armor doesn't make you invincible, it just makes you more dangerous.

I think there are many cowardly cops & believe it plays a role in why so many of them are trigger happy.

This first line of defense some schools claim to have is proving to be absolutely worthless. The shooter should have been taken out immediately or at the very least, slowed down. Neither happened.

I understand all this is easy for me to say, I wasn't there, but surely there is a better way. It's not like this is new or just sprung on people. They have had years to get their act together.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 05-26-2022

He was in that class room for an hour picking who would live and who would die. Some tear gas should have been tossed in or the door taken out and the room swarmed this was handled all wrong. Kids getting tear gassed or killed is not a hard decision.