Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 04-29-2023

Bang bang.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 12:08 PM)PpDuchess Wrote: [Image: Fu4f322X0AIQb3V?format=jpg&name=medium]
Smiley_emoticons_shocked And we just moved (relocated) here in November “full time”!  106

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 04-30-2023

When in Rome, do as the Romans do, Cars.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 05-01-2023

Five killed "execution" style (neck and head shots), in Texas.  They were Guatemalan immigrants (immigration status unknown). 

" A suspect on the run in Texas after allegedly killing five neighbors execution-style Friday night when they complained about him firing a rifle on his property has been deported from the country five times . . .  Francisco Oropesa, 38, a Mexican national . "

" Oropesa was in the country illegally at the time of the shooting and had previously reentered the country illegally "multiple" times following his deportations. "

The victims have been identified as Sonia Argentina Guzman, 25, Daniel Enrique Laso Guzman, 8, Diana Velazquez Alvarado, 21, Julisa Molina Rivera, 31, and Jose Jonathan Casarez, 18. "

" Two women were also found lying on top of three children who survived in an apparent attempt to shield them from the bullets." 

Killed while protecting their babies!  Whoever sold (if he didn't steal it) or gave him the weapon, deserves the death penalty.

Yeah . . . tougher gun purchase laws, for law-abiding US citizens, is the answer.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 05-01-2023

(04-30-2023, 08:41 AM)rothschild Wrote: When in Rome, do as the Romans do, Cars.

I had a 12ga sawed off shotgun with boxes of double-aught shells.
But I got rid of it all when we moved. Not too smart, now. 

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 05-01-2023

(05-01-2023, 12:16 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(04-30-2023, 08:41 AM)rothschild Wrote: When in Rome, do as the Romans do, Cars.

I had a 12ga sawed off shotgun with boxes of double-aught shells.
But I got rid of it all when we moved. Not too smart, now. 

Transporting firearms is pretty dicey. Ask Tiki about what's good for home security, she seems to be very knowledgeable. If you get one it's important to train, that much I know. Good luck and stay safe. 44

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 05-04-2023

Deion Patterson, age 24, goes into an Atlanta health clinic and . . . 5 women are shot and one is dead.

This one has gotta be the gun . . . he was with his mother when it happened.

According to momma (Minyone Patterson) her baby, "always listens " to herWhy he brought a gun to a health clinic . . . not explained.

I'm sure she was screaming at him not to shoot . . . but, unfortunately, the gun didn't listen.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-04-2023

I look for exits when I'm out in public these days. I recently went into a state run building as well as a federal building and they both had a lot of security, the federal building had waaay more than the state one.

(05-04-2023, 11:31 AM)Duchess Wrote: I recently went into a state run building as well as a federal building and they both had a lot of security, the federal building had waaay more than the state one.

The last time I was in the Federal Building, in Phoenix, I was there to pick up material for a client.  I had an appointment. 

I was dressed professionally and brought minimal personal items with me.  Unlike the the State or County buildings, the Fed building's security was a fifty-foot, cordoned "catwalk" . . . staged with personnel in three different locations, along the path . . . and they were all wearing the same sport coats and slacks.  All had earpieces and concealed weapons.

My briefcase was searched three times and at each location, they casually asked what was my business in the building . . . same questions at each stop.  I felt like I did when I entered Israel . . . a little frightened and intimidated . . . by their demeanor.

And a bit angry, too.  But I kept that to myself.

So I just read an article describing the attempted murder of a Baltimore teenager, while riding a school bus.

The assailants appear to be about the same age.  Fortunately, the pistol did not fire, after three attempts (my guess . . . the safety was on, a defective firing pin or defective ammunition).

So . . . they pistol-whipped the kid, instead.  (My opinion for the execution is the intended target plagiarized the assailants' research paper on "Macro porous Nano-wire and Nano-electronic Scaffolds for Synthetic Tissues").

If they catch the little thugs, it will do no good to prevent them from purchasing a firearm  . . . when they reach the age of majority.

Juvenile records are sealed.

I've never seen a piece of "gun control" legislation addressing this issue.

Just sayin' . . . 

What's your opinion of the red flag law, Tiki?

(05-04-2023, 02:30 PM)Duchess Wrote: What's your opinion of the red flag law, Tiki?

In the absolute most simplistic response:  If you remove firearms under a Red Flag Law, the government has the responsibility to provide treatment, to the individual, until they are deemed mentally fit, responsible or provide permanent institutionalization with treatment.  Removing the gun doesn't fix the "crazy". Do both.

(And "Yes" . . . I do not believe all firearm owners are responsible.  Neither are parents, drivers, employees, children and LEO . . . to name a few).

Thanks, I don't agree, but I appreciate you took the time to give me a thoughtful response without trying to beat me down like I've experienced before when asking questions like that.

I don't think the government should be responsible for providing psychological care to those guilty of violence. I don't believe things like that work unless one wants to be helped.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 05-04-2023

What are the chances that "mental health" hasn't been politicized?

Slim to none, IMO. And what interest do social engineers have in a population that truly is of sound mind, body, and soul? None, because healthy people wouldn't tolerate social engineering.

Re your catwalk experience, Tiki, it's called "democracy".

How much more has to be taken away before the masses start wondering if "freedom" and "democracy" are anything more than psycho-spiritual tranquilizers?

It may well be too late, but I still wonder, if for no other reason than personal edification. I take notes, and will be taking them with me when I depart from this depressing dirtball.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 03:35 PM)Duchess Wrote: Thanks, I don't agree, but I appreciate you took the time to give me a thoughtful response without trying to beat me down like I've experienced before when asking questions like that.

I don't think the government should be responsible for providing psychological care to those guilty of violence. I don't believe things like that work unless one wants to be helped.

I thought you enjoyed argument? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 05-04-2023

What did you think of israel?

(05-04-2023, 03:40 PM)rothschild Wrote: I thought you enjoyed argument?  Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

I do. I do! I've been moody lately, feeling quiet and wanting some serenity. 

(05-04-2023, 03:35 PM)Duchess Wrote: I don't think the government should be responsible for providing psychological care to those guilty of violence. I don't believe things like that work unless one wants to be helped.

Nor do I.  In fact, I believe those that have committed criminal violence should be denied firearm ownership.  I was really addressing the "preemptive" Red Flag removal of firearms . . . as would have been (possibly effectively) used with Hale, Sturgeon and Patterson (all struggling with mental health issues and without noteworthy criminal records . . . except Patterson . . . probation violation for controlled substance charge). 

It seemed to work for the kid in Colorado planning a mass-killing event.  Someone saw something and said something.  Mandatory court ordered "Anger Management", IMO, is nothing more than "feel good we're doing something about it" window dressing.

(05-04-2023, 04:02 PM)BigMark Wrote: What did you think of israel?

I really enjoyed my time in Israel.  Never felt "unsafe".  And it opened my eyes to more than what is reported, by the media, regarding the Palestinian conflict.  All Palestinians are not terrorists nor do they want the death of Israel.  Spent as much time with Palestinians as I did with Israelis  (usually both groups together). 

Seriously . . . entering the country, you get the third degree . . . and it ain't a quick process.

Did I mention the food?  Some of the best veggies I've ever eaten!  (And I am sooo carnivore!  hah )

Gunman kills three women and then himself . . . Moultrie, Georgia.  THREE DEAD WOMEN.

Kentavious White, 26, kills his mother, then goes to granny's house and kills her . . . drives to Mickey D's (where he allegedly worked) kills the assistant manager, goes inside and kills himself.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-05-04-at-10.23.30-pm.png.webp]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-05-04-at-10.24.03-pm.png.webp]

Do we have a race problem . . . or a problem race?  2.9% of population responsible for 50% of homicides.

Never mind . . . it's the AR-15.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - rothschild - 05-05-2023

(05-04-2023, 10:02 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Gunman kills three women and then himself . . . Moultrie, Georgia.  THREE DEAD WOMEN.

Kentavious White, 26, kills his mother, then goes to granny's house and kills her . . . drives to Mickey D's (where he allegedly worked) kills the assistant manager, goes inside and kills himself.

Do we have a race problem . . . or a problem race?  2.9% of population responsible for 50% of homicides.

Never mind . . . it's the AR-15.

The stats are damning but they don't tell the whole story. It's a particular segment of a particular population that we're talking about, and thug culture has a lot to do with it. Are you familiar with the evolution of thug culture? What about drug culture?

Asking because my understanding is there's some commonality, which raises some interesting questions.