Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - heartbreaker6713 - 10-24-2014

Cnn article is saying the shooter was this years freshman homecoming king. That goes along with reports that the shooter was well known. Sounds like he had many friends.

A student interviewed states the shooter was in a good mood prior to the shooting, he was laughing, smiling and having a good time just a couple hours before the shooting. It's a bit conflicting from another student who says he had a blank stare although that was while shooting.

Also mentioned were that the victims were mostly freshmen. So young! Not that being a senior or other class would make it less painful.

One of the victims shot was the girl who was being fought over and another that was shot he knew since kindergarten.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - ramseycat - 10-24-2014

What makes a kid snap like that? I realize no one has the answer to that. This world is so fucked up that I wonder if anyone or anywhere is really safe anymore.

Do you think medal detectors would help at schools? I definitely don't think it would solve the issue but Maybe it would reduce and or make the shooter think twice before rampaging at at a school.

Local news is naming the shooter, as I mentioned the name above is what is being released. I'm not too fond of reporters Calling the shooter by just the first name, as I feel it makes it a softer topic or comment. The reporters most likely do not know him personally. Idk.

Police are saying he used a beretta 40 caliber hand gun, they are doing a trace on the gun.

Also his Twitter is being brought up that a comment he made was "it won't last... It'll. Ever last." Posted last night.

Suspended from school last week for an altercation, and he mention of possibly bullying? Also could have been suspended from football for fighting is being mentioned by this news station.

I just text a friend to make sure she knew and she has told me that her sisters friends' daughter died. I'm trying to get more Info.

Person interview on news said the shooter sent a text message to his family asking for them to do certain things after he was gone, and by the time his family got the message and tried to reach out to him this shooting event took place. The news is trying to confirm these texts.

The police press conference confirmed the shooter is dead which we know. They confirmed the second deceased is a female, and was a student.

I am sad and saying prayers for all families.

This school did have a school appointed officer, not sure the exact title of him. He was the person who put out the first call of an active shooting. The police also confirmed it was a self inflicted gun shot that killed the shooter.

Update from providence hospital... They have the identity of the young boy that they have here, he is being transferred to harbor view as the team there will be better equipped to care for him. Sadly, the two girls do not have family with them. One is out of surgery and she has not been identified, so sad!! Not to have your family by your side during this. The other young female is still in surgery as has been in since 1230 Pst and no idea when she'll be out. They are trying to Id the girls by clothes worn and family descriptions. This makes me feel that their injuries are so severe that they may not be recognizable. The patients are still in very critical care. One make and one female are stable but still very critical. The young female in surgery still is battling blood on the brain and swelling etc. very tough and go.

Sorry for the spelling errors and grammatical errors. I'm trying to type as fast as the info is coming in. It's not easy. Sorry ya'll.

Awww the dr just said all of us are going to go home and cry. The staff is severely affected. Some staff being sent home to deal with this and they said 30 chaplains were called in to help deal with this, at the hospital I believe.

Dr saying the young man and young woman out of surgery were not conscious but that the young male was responsive or as responsive as they would think one would be but its still early for them to be responsive right now coming out of surgery.

Just text chat with my friend who had informed me that her sisters' friend is he mother of the young girl who died at the scene. I asked her if she heard about the theory of the shooter fighting over a girl. She said yes. So I asked was the daughter of her sisters' friend was the girl that was being fought over. She said no. So I'm going to go with that theory. It's possible she doesn't actually know but she would say I don't know then, I would think and hope.

On a side note it's driving me insane how the news is reporting about the shooter. Repeatedly saying things like, " we shown the picture before and he's just a nice look boy." I don't understand why they continue to judge a book by its cover. It don't make sense to me. He was the shooter, he killed someone and critically hurt more students. When are they going to get it that danger doesnt have an address or a mug shot. It can happen anywhere anytime! Conversely, safety diesnt have an address either. Anything can happen anywhere, anytime by anyone.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - username - 10-24-2014

Heartbreaker, thanks for the information. I hope it doesn't involve anyone you know. About how far away are you from this?

The killer doesn't fit the expected profile of a bullied, unpopular, shunned kid. I wonder what his home life was like. I'm sure we'll find out something about it.

Tragic. I feel very badly for the parents of the students that were shot. What a panic...searching for your kid(s) under that scenario. *shudders*

Okay ipad isn't letting me quote and move within the text to reply to you, username.

I live about a half hour away or less depending on traffic. The hospital that they are brought to is about a couple miles from where I live. It's not far at all.

Thankfully the only connection I have to this scenario besides proximatity is my friends' sisters' friends daughter was the young woman who died at the school. Heart breaking event!

Username,

Also news sources says the shooter has a lot of family in the area. I am not sure if he lived in the reserve, as there is a reserve nearby that many people go to in the summer time for fireworks, it's called by most people boom city. Lots of opportunities to get black market fireworks that are illegal. You just have to know the right people and say the right things. Last year after a group if my friends left with their purchases the sheriffs raided all the booths looking for illegal fireworks.

Just saw a news article that mentions one of the victims could be the shooters cousin. That's just insane.

I'm a horrible judge of distance, seattle is 30 miles approximately south of marysville and I'm closer to marysville than I am seattle. Pretty close to half way but on the side closer to marysville, where this happened.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 05:58 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: On a side note it's driving me insane how the news is reporting about the shooter. Repeatedly saying things like, " we shown the picture before and he's just a nice look boy." I don't understand why they continue to judge a book by its cover. It don't make sense to me. He was the shooter, he killed someone and critically hurt more students. When are they going to get it that danger doesnt have an address or a mug shot. It can happen anywhere anytime! Conversely, safety diesnt have an address either. Anything can happen anywhere, anytime by anyone.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm glad there was someone there to stop further carnage. Very sad at any rate.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - username - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 08:36 PM)heartbreaker6713 Wrote: Okay ipad isn't letting me quote and move within the text to reply to you, username.

I live about a half hour away or less depending on traffic. The hospital that they are brought to is about a couple miles from where I live. It's not far at all.

Thankfully the only connection I have to this scenario besides proximatity is my friends' sisters' friends daughter was the young woman who died at the school. Heart breaking event!

Damn, you are very close to all of this. I imagine it's crazy knowing that friends of friends (people in your local community) are being touched by this. It's very sad. That poor girl's parents lost their hearts today. I can't.even.imagine.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 08:51 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm glad there was someone there to stop further carnage. Very sad at any rate.

Sounds like it happened quickly and Fryberg stopped himself with a bullet after successfully shooting his five targets. I hope the four in the hospital all survive.

But, it is good that the school administrators advised students by loud speaker to get into classrooms and also good that they put the school on lock-down so quickly.

Snip:
The Marysville-Pilchuck High School freshman shot five people, killing one, before turning the Beretta 40-caliber handgun on himself, police said. He died at the scene.

Fryberg was popular, sources say. He was elected to the school's homecoming court this year. Fryberg's Instagram and Twitter feeds include photos of him displaying guns and animals killed while hunting.

But a source who knew Fryberg well said the teen had recently been bullied, pushed around, and suspended from school, reports CBS affiliate KIRO.

Another source told KIRO that Fryberg was suspended from his football team for fighting during a practice.

The ATF is performing a trace on the gun to try to determine its place of purchase.

Three of the wounded, two girls and one boy, are in critical condition with head wounds at Providence Regional Hospital in Everett, Wash., according to a hospital spokesperson,. who also said another boy who suffered less severe injuries was transferred to Harborview Medical Center, in Seattle, Wash.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspected-washington-school-shooter-identified-as-jaylen-fryberg/