Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - heartbreaker6713 - 10-26-2014

Thanks for filling in the gaps and details, I've been out all day running errands and went to a pumpkin power tool carving party. Of course I did a seahawk themed pumpkin carve! I needed a break with no tv or radio on to hear about this stuff for a bit.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - heartbreaker6713 - 10-26-2014

This article, linked below, states that the girl who rebuffed him is one of the girls fighting for her life. So according to uk daily mail, it's not the deceased girl that died at the school.

Also the article mentions that his cousin was the one involved in the "love triangle", this would be Andrew that is dating the young girl.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2807983/You-no-longer-brother-school-love-triangle-drove-fifteen-year-old-gunman-shoot-close-cousin-took-girl-attack-left-one-dead-four-injured.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - heartbreaker6713 - 10-27-2014

The daily news stating one of the girls in the hospital has died :(

They are naming the girl who passed in the hospital as Gia and she was the girl who rebuffed him, according to article linked below.

Edit: Okay Ive read two articles and they have conflicting reports as to who was the "love" interest and it's now saying the girl who did at the scene may have been, I don't know truly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2808424/PICTURED-Popular-teenage-girl-shot-killed-school-cafeteria-15-year-old-gunman-sat-table-friends.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-27-2014

I believe the girl who died at the high school immediately following the shooting was the shooter Jaylen Fryberg's love interest.

Her name is Zoe Galasso and she was 14. RIP.

Zoe Galasso was dating the shooter's 15-year-old cousin Andrew Fryberg (he remains in critical condition). Below is a picture of the two at the recent prom.

[Image: 57ac875990277bea14fa8c7724a083c4.jpg]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 10-27-2014

I want there to be a Heaven so bad.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - RJs-Ex - 10-27-2014

There was speculation that Jaylen may have been stopping to reload. Has it ever been confirmed if there was additional ammo found on him?

(10-27-2014, 12:18 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: There was speculation that Jaylen may have been stopping to reload. Has it ever been confirmed if there was additional ammo found on him?

I don't think it's been confirmed yet, RJs. There are still conflicting stories circulating in the media.

Some reports are saying Fryberg shot his targets and then the female cafeteria worker (or student teacher, depending on the source) came running through a door and either intentionally or accidentally interrupted him.

Police say Fryberg intentionally took his own life. A student witness says the female school employee hit his arm and he shot himself as a result. It's still not clear from the various reports that I've read whether he had more ammo and whether he was reloading or the gun jammed, as some witnesses have speculated. Police are still investigating and interviewing witnesses, as far as I know.

Authorities Confirm Some Details in Marysville-Pilchuck High School Shooting

ME Causes of Death:
The medical examiner ruling released today says Fryberg died of a gunshot wound to the head and his death has been ruled a suicide (the story of him being hit by the student teacher and accidentally shooting himself in the neck appears to be a faulty eyewitness account -- happens).

The medical examiner ruled Zoe Galasso's death a homicide. She was shot in the head and died at the school.

Gia Soriano died today after having been shot in the head on Friday -- the official ME report has not yet been released. The family statement today indicated that they plan to donate her organs. RIP Gia.

Hospitalized Victims' Current Status:

Andrew Fryberg and Shaylee Chuckulnaskit were both shot in the head and remain in critical condition.

Nate Hatch who was shot in the jaw (HOTD: one earlier report said the neck, but that's been corrected) showed improvement and was upgraded to satisfactory condition today. Good news.

Statement from Tribal Member:
Fryberg was from a prominent family from the Tulalip Indian tribes. A tribal guidance counselor, Matt Remle, has an office at Marysville-Pilchuck High School, which is 30 miles north of Seattle.

Remle said he knew Fryberg and the other students well. "My office has been a comfort space for Native students," he said. "Many will come by and have lunch there, including the kids involved in the shooting."

They all were "really happy, smiling kids," Remle said. "They were a polite group. A lot of the kids from the freshman class were close-knit. "These were not kids who were isolated," he said. "They had some amazing families and have amazing families."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/jaylen-fryberg-suicide_n_6055238.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 10-27-2014

*sigh* They are all so young. Bad stuff almost always passes but I guess you can't tell a kid with no life experience that. Whatta waste.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - RJs-Ex - 10-27-2014

I wonder if there were other kids at the table that *didn't* get shot? If so, was he planning on shooting them too?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Adub - 10-27-2014

MARYSVILLE, Washington (AP) — A popular student responsible for a shooting at a Washington state high school on Friday invited his victims to lunch by text message, then shot them at their table, investigators said Monday.

Sheriff Ty Trenary said at a news conference that the five students were at a lunch table when they were shot by 15-year-old Jaylen Fryberg. Fryberg then committed suicide.

Detectives are digging through reams of text messages, phone and social media records as part of an investigation that could take months, Trenary said.

On Friday, after texting five friends to invite them to lunch, he pulled out a handgun in the cafeteria and started shooting. The victims were Zoe R. Galasso, 14, who died at the scene; Gia Soriano, 14, who died at a hospital Sunday night; Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, 14, who remains in critical condition; and his two cousins, Nate Hatch, 14, and Andrew Fryberg, 15.

Hatch, who was shot in the jaw, is the only victim who has shown improvement. He was upgraded to satisfactory condition Monday in intensive care at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, while Andrew Fryberg remained in critical condition there.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-28-2014

Sounds as though Jaylen Fryberg planned the details in advance, lured the victims to the spot, and then sabotaged them, Adub.

Personally, I don't think he was out to kill anybody but those on his hit list -- he was focused.

[Image: 141028_school_shooting_660.jpg]
At the school and within the community ^, Fryberg was mourned and honored today alongside the family and friends whom he shot -- pretty unusual.

Fryberg was a hunter and had received a rifle from his parents for his birthday, but the handgun he used to carry out the mass shooting was one which police say legally belonged to an adult relative (which is the case in 23 of all school shootings, according to the Brady Center).

Police today confirmed that there was no physical contact between Fryberg and the female student teacher who entered the cafeteria after the shooting began. He did not accidentally shoot himself; he turned the gun on himself and intentionally took his own life after he finished shooting his targets.

Latest: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-state-school-shooting-victim-tweets-message-of-forgiveness/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - username - 10-28-2014

I heard that the boy who got shot in the jaw "forgave" the shooter. Fuck you, asshole. He brutally killed two other kids (at least). Don't start talking about forgiving the little prick yet.

That just fries my chops for some reason. If I were a parent of one of the dead girls, I'd be pissed. I'd want that kid, that's still alive, to just shut the fuck up.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-28-2014

^ Yeah, I saw that tweet of forgiveness too.

Nate Hatch is the cousin who was shot in the jaw. He's reportedly up and walking around in the hospital today.

Here's the tweet:
[Image: 1414426712409_wps_36_image001_png.jpg]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-31-2014

[Image: 1414254251821_Image_galleryImage_Shaylee...it_wit.JPG]
Shooter Jaylen Fryberg and victim Shaylee Chuckulnaskit

Yesterday a traditional tribal memorial was held for shooter Jaylen Fryberg; hundreds from the community attended.

Today another of his shooting victims died at the hospital. RIP.
"Our hearts are broken at the passing of our beautiful daughter," Shaylee Chuckulnaskit's family said in a statement released by Providence officials. "Shay means everything to us. In Shay's short life she has been a radiant light bringing us incredible joy and happiness. She has been a loving daughter, a caring sister, a devoted friend and a wonderful part of our community. We can't imagine life without her."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/31/shaylee-chuckulnaskit-marysville-dies_n_6085608.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 10-31-2014

What a selfish little prick.

I'm so tired of talking about guns, but clearly, if this kid didn't have access to guns, those girls would be alive today.

He wouldn't have used a knife, machete, hammer, etc., because he wouldn't have been able to finish himself off afterwards. Cowards need to be able to do that.

However, I have no solution.

It still comes down to something I've stated many times before:

Just hope and pray that you and your loved ones aren't in the wrong place at the wrong time when a freak with a gun goes off.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - username - 10-31-2014

I hadn't heard about the 3rd student dying. It seems like that didn't get the media coverage it deserved. Just Another Public Shooting, I guess.

On the other hand, Nebraska students pose with their guns for yearbook pics. Oh...yay?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nebraska-high-school-oks-guns-senior-portraits/story?id=26405288

[Image: 8de5f7ad577cff44ab369263deb31458855a3115...e138_large]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-31-2014

I've never seen such yearbook photos.

But, according to the linked article, it's common practice in the area for the students to choose things of personal interest to them for the pics.

We've never been permitted to have guns on campus or out in the open in California so long as I can remember, but it's different in the South and rural areas.

[Image: ht_senior_portraits_guns_02_dustin_lange...x3_992.jpg]
^ This Nebraskan student chose his denim, his rifle, and his Chevy truck (with Jesus emblem).

Big cultural differences between regions of the United States.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 11-01-2014

(10-31-2014, 11:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Big cultural differences between regions of the United States.

There sure is. Honor roll students in Massachusetts were suspended after posing with Airsoft guns (similar to paintball) before their homecoming dance. They posted that pic online and it ignited a shitstorm.

[Image: 102914_homecoming_guns_640.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-01-2014

(10-31-2014, 11:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've never seen such yearbook photos.

But, according to the linked article, it's common practice in the area for the students to choose things of personal interest to them for the pics.

We've never been permitted to have guns on campus or out in the open in California so long as I can remember, but it's different in the South and rural areas.

[Image: ht_senior_portraits_guns_02_dustin_lange...x3_992.jpg]
^ This Nebraskan student chose his denim, his rifle, and his Chevy truck (with Jesus emblem).

Big cultural differences between regions of the United States.

Thats a Shotgun sugar