Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 11-01-2014

Son of a gun, Six -- so it is. I stand corrected; that Nebraskan student chose his denim, his Shotgun, and his Chevy truck (with Jesus emblem).

I think those custom yearbook pics are beautiful. Our yearbooks always looked like a bunch of boring ID photos lined up in rows.

[Image: 102914_homecoming_guns_640.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
^ This photo is creepy to me. I'd have guessed that it was an old Halloween picture of kids dressed as young Morticia and Gomez with guns. But, I don't think the kids deserved to be suspended for posting a photo of themselves posing with their air guns, in any event.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 11-08-2014

Seattle High School Shooting -- Update

Harborview Medical Center in Seattle said 15-year-old Andrew Fryberg died last night.

[Image: andrewfryberg.jpg]
RIP 42

"We express our thanks for the amazing support from the community, as well as from everyone around the world that have been praying for us all through this tragic event," Andrew Fryberg's family said in a statement released by the hospital. The family also thanked "all the amazing staff" who cared for the boy in Harborview's pediatric intensive care unit.

"Our family is overwhelmed with the love and care that has been provided to our loved one during this time, and you all will forever hold a special place in our hearts," the family said.

Nate Hatch is the only survivor of the shooting. He is reportedly recovering well.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 11-08-2014

When I was in H.S. everyone had shotguns in their vehicles during hunting season. We would go hunting in the morning then go to school. Nobody shot each other, it was just something everyone did. Sadly not so much today.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 11-08-2014

I went to HS with a few rednecks that had shotguns in their trucks. One of them liked me, but he was too redneck for me. Nowadays I would never turn him down for fear of my life.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 11-08-2014

(11-08-2014, 06:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: When I was in H.S. everyone had shotguns in their vehicles during hunting season. We would go hunting in the morning then go to school. Nobody shot each other, it was just something everyone did. Sadly not so much today.

That was my experience too, not that I went hunting but seeing that go on.

I recently saw a comedian say that America has never been more un-funny, that PC is ruling, that many are so easily offended and insulted, you can't joke around or push the envelope in any way without some faction of America becoming inflamed. He's right.

I typed that several minutes ago and I don't know where I was going with it. 104

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-08-2014

True, I blame the internet. People now have an instant microphone to shout their stupid self centered faggotry to.
And all the bitchy little nerds are all on there waiting and reading and commiserating with them

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 11-28-2014

Government/Police Buildings Attacked -- Suspect Killed -- Austin, TX.

The first 911 calls about gunshots came in at 2:22 a.m. Friday, with some reporting a "possible automatic weapon being fired" a few minutes later.

Very soon after that, police started to hear about gunfire near a recently opened federal courthouse and then at the city's nearby Mexican Consulate.

Police Chief Art Acevedo later said the suspect -- using small cylinders often used for camping -- is thought to have ignited a fire at the consulate, though those flames were extinguished before any extensive damage was done.

The police headquarters "came under attack" about 2:32 a.m., Acevedo said, at which time a sergeant with the department's mounted police unit happened to be outside, putting away horses.

"As he held two horses with one hand, he discharged ... at least one round with a single-handed shot," the chief said. "That would have been one heck of a shot. So part of our investigation will be whether the suspect died from our gunshot, from a self-inflicted gunshot or from a combination of both."

[Image: 6058464_G.jpg]

After the gunman, identified as 49-year-old Larry McQuilliam ^, went down, officers spotted "suspicious cylinders" inside his van. And when they dragged the gunman away, officers noticed "some type of vest on the suspect" -- something that Acevedo said could have been "simply a protective vest or potentially an IED suicide-type vest that is known to be used around the world."

Authorities immediately called in the bomb squad and closed off the surrounding area, including for a time stopping all traffic on a stretch of Interstate 35. A few hours later, they determined there were no explosives at the site. The suspect's residence "has been secured and is safe," according to Acevedo's twitter account.

Acevedo said that investigators, including FBI agents, "will be looking at everything," even social media accounts, to try to determine what the gunman was thinking.

Authorities have not offered a motive, but the police chief said that the shooter's "violent anti-government behavior" -- as evidenced by attacking buildings that belong to Mexico's government, the U.S. government and, in the police headquarters, the city government -- may have come from ongoing and often vitriolic debates in society.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/27499216/shooter-opens-fire-in-downtown-austin

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 01-21-2015

Another Revenge Attack on a Doctor -- Boston, Mass.

[Image: article-2920009-24E8378C00000578-350_636x382.jpg]

Yesterday, Stephen Pasceri, 55 (left), a Massachusetts accountant, walked into Brigham and Women’s Hospital heart center on Tuesday morning and after asking for Dr. Michael Davidson (right), fired two shots at him before walking off and taking his own life.

Pasceri's stunned family have said they can't understand why he snapped, but it is thought that he had been harboring thoughts of revenge against Dr. Davidson since his mother (center), Marguertie's death in November.

The hospital released this statement:
This evening, Dr. Michael J. Davidson, director of Endovascular Cardiac Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, has tragically died as a result of the gunshot wounds he sustained this morning during the shooting event at the Shapiro Cardiovascular Center. Dr. Davidson was a wonderful and inspiring cardiac surgeon who devoted his career to saving lives and improving the quality of life of every patient he cared for. It is truly devastating that his own life was taken in this horrible manner. At this time, Dr. Davidson’s family has requested privacy, and we ask for your support in honoring their request during this very difficult time.

RIP Michael Davidson.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/01/20/person-shot-brigham-and-women-hospital/SV3PKwchBhusDlJGYbMezN/story.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-11-2015

THREE STUDENTS KILLED BY ANTI-THEISM ADVOCATE -- NORTH CAROLINA UNIVERSITY

[Image: 2591912F00000578-2948803-Craig_Hicks_has...376295.jpg]
^This dipshit, Craig Hicks - 37, is charged with murdering three bright university students who'd worked to raise funds for Syrian refugees, offered dental services to the homeless, etc...

[Image: 258FC82F00000578-2948803-image-a-3_1423647578198.jpg]
Gunned down: ^ (From left) Muslim students Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, his wife Yusor Mohammad, 21, and her sister Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19, were all shot dead near the University of North Carolina. RIP.

Immediately after the triple murder, it's reported that Hicks turned himself into police.

When news of the murders spread last night, a cousin of one of the victims stared a hashtag campaign, '#MuslimLivesMatter'.

Hicks was vocal and extreme in his postings against religion -- including Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc... While many early news stories are implying that Hicks killed the three students because they were demonstrably religious, LE reports this morning indicate that the shooter and the victims lived near each other in the low-crime area of Chapel Hill and were engaged in a parking dispute.

The murders took place last night so the investigation is fresh and underway. LE has assured the public that they are investigating all angles in regards to motive.

Stories:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/muslim-family-members-killed-n-man-cops-article-1.2110661
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/chapel-hill-murders_n_6660080.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2948803/Man-arrested-3-shot-death-North-Carolina.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2015

Spree Shooting in Mesa, Arizona

[Image: Mesa-West.jpg]

Six people at various locations in Mesa -- including a hotel, a vocational school bistro, and an apartment complex -- have reportedly been shot. One victim has died.

Police have just apprehended a suspect described as a white male in his 40s with prison white supremacist tattoos.

Press conference coming up, live stream: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2015/03/18/mesa-shooting-near-light-rail/24961403/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2015

[Image: CAZ8jB9UkAAwo3U.jpg]

The Mesa spree shooting suspect is actually in his 30s.

The protective suit he's wearing in the photo is used on suspects whose clothing has been taken so that authorities may collect DNA evidence.

My sister works in Mesa; she just texted me that her workplace is off lock-down.

Really relieved Arizona LE from different departments coordinated efforts so quickly and got this guy off the streets.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-19-2015

Mesa Spree Shooter

[Image: n-RYAN-GIROUX-MUGSHOT-large570.jpg]
The man suspected of shooting six people yesterday in Mesa, killing one of them, is Ryan Giroux -41 (pictured above). He was on parole at the time of the shootings. He's served 8 years in prison for burglary, theft, attempted aggravated assault, and a marijuana violation.

Yesterday, he got in an argument at a residence motel and shot four people. Then he jacked a car at a nearby bistro where he shot another man. Then he went to an apartment complex where he committed a home invasion and shot another man.

During a multi-agency search for the suspect, Giroux was spotted at an apartment complex by police, tased, and taken into custody.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-19-2015

Shit for brains.

I looked at a prison field guide for tattoos and it says the 88 stands for Heil Hitler. 78

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-19-2015

(03-19-2015, 10:29 AM)Duchess Wrote: Shit for brains.

I looked at a prison field guide for tattoos and it says the 88 stands for Heil Hitler. 78

Yep, he's a real genius alright.

Not only is the nature of the tattoo clever, the fact that a career criminal would get tats all over his face is brilliant. It's not like they'd make it any easier to identify him or anything.

More proof that white supremacists are gullible violent idiots. Well, except maybe those at the very top of the klans who rake in big bucks via member donations and from peddling their hate materials to dipshits. Did you see the story about former KKK Imperial Wizard Bill Wilkinson the other day, Duchess?

[Image: 2684246000000578-2990509-image-a-49_1426109808899.jpg]
^ That's him today (whitey). He fell off the map back in the mid 80s under a bunch of heat from the FBI and British authorities and was just outted in the media.

He went to the Black / Mayan island of Belize and bought a resort which caters to tourists in San Pedro. It's now worth $3 million USD and he's just dandy living leisurely and profiting among all them dark people. What a racket he had going here.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2990509/The-KKK-s-violent-Imperial-Wizard-pictured-time-vanished-America-1984-paradise-holiday-resort-owns-country-tiny-white-minority.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-19-2015

(03-19-2015, 01:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Did you see the story about former KKK Imperial Wizard Bill Wilkinson the other day, Duchess?

Yeah, I read about him when I was getting my daily dose of the Daily Mail. I snorted when I saw what appears to be him socializing with a black person.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-26-2015

Why?

[Image: 150526175904-01-walmart-shooting-suspect...ge-169.jpg]
21-year-old airman Marcel Willis ^ shot two Walmart employees, killing one, before apparently ending his own life in the store today, police in Grand Forks said in a written statement.

Willis also fired once at a third employee but missed before he shot himself with a handgun, Grand Forks police said. Willis died at a hospital. He was stationed at Grand Forks Air Force Base.

Police said they would release the names of the victims on Wednesday.

"We are deeply saddened about this situation and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families," Walmart spokesman Brian Nick said. "We are still learning information about the events surrounding this tragedy and assisting law enforcement in their investigation."

There is no obvious link between Willis and the victims or to the store, police said. Officers have spoken to some witnesses, but were encouraging others to get in touch with them. The Air Force Office of Special Investigations is working with police on the case, the military said.

Grand Forks has a population of 55,000 people. There are 3,000 Air Force personnel and civilians on the base, according to the facility's website.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 05-26-2015

The odds that a military person did that in that town are good. the ratio is not as large as some other towns.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-27-2015

(05-26-2015, 09:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: The odds that a military person did that in that town are good. the ratio is not as large as some other towns.

I don't know; it's reportedly quite unusual and shocking for something like that to happen in Grand Forks.

Police held a press conference and said that Willis rode to the Walmart with two of his buddies. Willis walked around shopping in the store and then, for motives unknown, shot two employees and then shot himself. His friends had no idea he was gonna pull a murder/suicide, according to police.

Sometimes I read these stories and it's clear to me why the shooter pulled the trigger. Self-defense, revenge, fear, mental illness... But, this one is perplexing.

[Image: 2917E8E400000578-3097469-image-a-51_1432705603205.jpg]
The shooter, Marcell Willis - 21 ^, was college educated, an active airman, had a job -- a good looking-guy with a beautiful fiancee (pictured above, Amy Mehs). Based on his Facebook page, seems he had a loving family as well.

So far, nothing has been released to indicate a history of mental illness or violence.

Ah well, you can't judge a book by its cover and people's minds are tricky. Maybe there will be some explanations uncovered during the investigation. Or, maybe we'll never know.

THE VICTIMS
[Image: Lisa+Braun.jpg]
^Lisa Braun, 47, is in stable condition.

[Image: greg.jpg?itok=zzcKjzbK]
^Gregory Weiland, 70, died from the gunshot wound. He'd worked at Walmart for over 30 years. RIP.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - blueberryhill - 05-27-2015

Wild guess.....schizophrenia onset normally is in early 20's......I know that is a stretch, but there will be a record somewhere if there were other identifying mental health issues. IMO, when there is no apparent motive, it is normally mental illness stuff.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 05-28-2015

I don't get this mental illness stuff. I have a really hard time grasping the idea of someone zonking out and doing crazy things that any normal person would never think of doing. It bugs me that it could happen anywhere and the thought of it happening makes me really wonder what I would do in such a situation. How can anyone get to that point without anyone realizing it?