Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 07:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think it's appropriate that the FBI Director is the one at the podium acknowledging the mistake and taking the heat publicly. It's his department's failure and he should own it.

However, I agree that Obama should also acknowledge that his previous public claim (that the gun got into Roof's hands due to a private transaction loophole) was false.

As an aside, I've thought highly of Comey in the interviews and appearances I've seen him in over the past year. He appears to be a stand up guy, and I hope this doesn't derail him.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 07-11-2015

ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING!!!!

[Image: Mode-la-celebre-robe-blanche-de-Marilyn-...t_w674.jpg]

OK, sorry carry on.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 07-16-2015

[Image: chattanooga-shooter.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all]

A gunman ^ unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, killing at least four Marines and wounding a soldier and a police officer. RIP.

The shooter also was killed. The shooting suspect was identified as 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez. According to a U.S. law enforcement source, Abdulazeez was born in Kuwait and came to the United States in 1996. It's unclear if and when he became an American citizen.

A U.S. official told CBS News that Abdulazeez was not on law enforcement radar concerning possible terror links or aspirations. The FBI was not aware of him as being any kind of threat.

"Today was a nightmare for the city of Chattanooga," Mayor Andy Berke said. "As a city, we will respond to this with every available resource that we have."

U.S. Attorney Bill Killian said officials were treating the attacks as an "act of domestic terrorism," though FBI Special Agent in Charge Ed Reinhold said authorities were still investigating a motive. The first shooting happened around 10:45 a.m.; the attacks were over within a half-hour.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-police-officer-shot-near-tennessee-army-recruiting-center/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 07-17-2015

An easy target for the terrorist as it was a gun free zone that he entered and attacked.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 07-17-2015

This piece has a lot of detail on the Tennessee shootings at two military recruitment bases.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/chattanooga-shooting/chattanooga-shootings-four-marines-gunman-dead-rampage-tennessee-military-facilities-n393266

Donald Trump is all over this story, tearing Bill Clinton up for declaring military bases gun free zones, and using the shooting to advocate for gun rights and the second amendment.

It was actually George Bush Sr. who enacted the law shortly before leaving office, but Trump didn't mention that. There are armed military police at facilities, but not all soldiers and personnel are permitted to carry (attempt to reduce on-base gun violence).

President Obama expressed condolences to the families of the Tennesse shooting victims and promised a thorough investigation.

The shooter was a naturalized American citizen, an Engineering graduate, and had not been on the FBI's radar.

The shootings are being labeled acts of "domestic terrorism" though motive has not been established.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 07-17-2015

I'm going to go out on a limb and say his motive was that he was a jihadist asshole.

Also, I had to chuckle at Obama's statement yesterday regarding Chattanooga, when he actually uttered the phrase, "We take all shootings seriously.".

Unless of course you're gunned down by an illegal alien in a sanctuary city with a gun that was stolen from a federal agent, right Mr. President? Then you don't seem to have anything to say.

Douche.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:50 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Unless of course you're gunned down by an illegal alien in a sanctuary city with a gun that was stolen from a federal agent, right Mr. President? Then you don't seem to have anything to say.

What exactly would you like to hear him say? I'm curious because I've seen you mention this a few times now. Would you like to see him rip the Feds a new one?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 07-17-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:38 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb and say his motive was that he was a jihadist asshole.

Probably a good bet.

But, we don't know yet if perhaps the shooter was denied entry into the military and therefore decided to shoot up a couple of recruitment centers or something like that. Those kinds of connections need to be considered as well.

Anyway, the victims have been identified now. Very sad for their loved ones.

[Image: 150717142821-4-marines-killed-chattanoog...ge-169.jpg]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 07-17-2015

I knew it was Bush that did it and I also know that politicians do stupid things. Mostly stupid things.

(07-17-2015, 03:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:
What exactly would you like to hear him say? I'm curious because I've seen you mention this a few times now. Would you like to see him rip the Feds a new one?

I'd like him to be intellectually honest, and comment with the same zeal he has in the past when he has had no trouble getting to a microphone and speaking his mind about shootings, or other local news stories that he felt the need to speak to.

You know, the Harvard professor locked out of his house... his 'son' in a hoodie... a thief shot by police in Ferguson... the guy in SC who got access to guns too easily (oops, FBI let him buy them).

This is a guy who has had something to say about everything. But to this story, absolute silence.

At the very least he could have said something about how it highlights the ongoing challenge of illegal immigration in this country, and the need for comprehensive reforms, and what a tragic situation it created. He can't even muster that.

But he can't be intellectually honest, because he's an intellectually dishonest narcissist. He's demonstrated that from the beginning of his first term.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Cutz - 07-18-2015

(07-17-2015, 03:38 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb and say his motive was that he was a jihadist asshole.

Or maybe he was a gun control activist angered by the South Carolina shooting. He thought he could show everyone just how bad guns were by killing people with one.

Also, the confederate flag made him do it.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 07-18-2015

Oh stop, have some cherry kool aid.

[Image: Lone-wolf-copy.jpg?resize=580%2C504]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 07-18-2015

Under no circumstance will Obama dis Islam.

Makes me wonder.

A lot.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 07-18-2015

Oh Lord God!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 07-18-2015

Didn't you mean Allahu Akbar?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 07-18-2015

(07-18-2015, 11:46 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Didn't you mean Allahu Akbar?

No, I'm Catholic. If I were Muslim I might have choose to use Allahu Akbar instead.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 07-18-2015

(07-18-2015, 11:28 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Under no circumstance will OSama dis Islam.

Makes me wonder.

A lot.

Fixed it for you.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 07-18-2015

He certainly seems to have difficulty calling radical Islamic terrorism what it actually is.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 07-22-2015

South Carolina Church Shooter charged with Hate Crimes

[Image: 2AC29B7300000578-3171056-image-a-15_1437595423897.jpg]
Attorney General Loretta Lynch ^ announced a 33-count federal indictment against Dylann Roof today; 12 of the counts allege racial motives , and 12 more religious motives.

Roof told friends he wanted to stage race attack, and wrote hateful online manifesto which railed against black people.

Roof is already facing nine counts of murder under South Carolina law and could face the death penalty on both the state and federal charges.

At a news conference, Lynch said Roof carried out the massacre with the goal of 'fanning racial flames and exacting revenge'.

She added that Roof also chose churchgoers as his victims 'to ensure the greatest notoriety and attention to his actions'.

She told reporters: 'Mother Emanuel was his destination specifically because it was a historically African-American church of significance to the people of Charleston, of South Carolina and the nation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3171056/Official-Church-shooting-suspect-face-hate-crime-charge.html#ixzz3ged0Hc2E