Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Adub - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 02:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Where did you see/hear that CNN lightened his photo, Maggot?

I never saw the lightened photo on CNN's pages and saw only the original photo of Mercer in the red shirt with the gun on CNN tv when he was first identified.

Some of his posts stated that he hated organized religion, he was a satanist, he disagreed with the Black Lives Matters movement in most cases, etc... I understand that his social media and internet activity includes some references to Nazis, the Irish Republican Army, etc. I don't know if there's something in his unreleased manifesto connecting those mere references to white supremacist views; if not, it's a pretty big leap to label him as such based on that alone - in my opinion.

Sheriff Hanlin confirmed yesterday that Mercer was enrolled in the class where he first started shooting, along with another class at Umpqua College.

This all that I could find. So far.

http://thecount.com/2015/10/03/cnn-photoshops-chris-harper-mercer-white/

According to a popular conservative website, during a recent segment covering the tragedy, CNN altered the image of the murderer in an effort to make him appear more white.

Yep, I thought so it was the treepers. Maggot? Do read and believe the Conservative Treehouse nuts? Actually, my first guess was Alex Jones at infowars,

Quote:According to The Gateway Pundit and Conservative Treehouse, CNN altered a photo of Chris Harper-Mercer, the Oregon shooter, to make him look white.

“On the left is the selfie Christopher Mercer uploaded to his social media,” the Conservative Treehouse reports. “On the right is how CNN presented the same selfie in broadcast stories about him. Why did CNN need to change the complexion (color) of their broadcast?”

CNN also did not show photos of Mercer’s mother, who is black.

The reason CNN altered the photo is obvious: the race of Mercer does not fit the narrative that only white males — and thus white supremacist — can be mass shooters.

A black male shooter is incompatible with the racist Black Lives Matters class warfare agenda pushed by the liberal establishment and its propaganda media.

On Friday, a CNN correspondent, Pamela Brown, cited writings allegedly penned by Mercer where he “rambled about his hatred toward black men,” thus portraying him as a racist or possibly a white supremacist.

The Los Angeles Times also portrayed Mercer as a white supremacist:

It is always about the fucking false narrative. Every single time. The gacked out of their gourds wingnuts need to step up their game. Too predictable.

http://www.infowars.com/cnn-turns-mixed-race-oregon-shooter-into-a-white-man/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-04-2015

Thanks Adub.

It's gonna take a lot more than unsourced rumor posted at The Conservative Treehouse to convince me it's true. The absolute bullshit that got dragged from there into here in regards to Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman told me all I need to know about the credibility of info posted at that site.

If it turns out CNN really whitened the photo, I'll be a little surprised and a lot disappointed.

Gun Control

http://reverbpress.com/politics/jim-jefferies-gun-control-laws/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 10-04-2015

I don't know why CNN would change the picture. I'm looking around the internet to see where it came from now. I believe it was a saved screen shot but the truth should be known within the next few days. Something like this always gets scrutinized.

Adub, what is the conservative treehouse? I've never heard of it.
Just looked it up, and it does look as conservative as the Democratic Underground looks liberal. Both side has their nuts I guess.

(10-04-2015, 07:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: I don't know why CNN would change the picture. I'm looking around the internet to see where it came from now. I believe it was a saved screen shot but the truth should be known within the next few days. Something like this always gets scrutinized.

Adub, what is the conservative treehouse? I've never heard of it.
Just looked it up, and it does look as conservative as the Democratic Underground looks liberal. Both side has their nuts I guess.

Maggot, what is the Democratic Underground? I've never heard of it. Just looked it up, and it looks to not be a news website. It is like a forum or such that requires membership? Like Mock? This is what the Urban Dictionary says about it

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Democratic%20Underground

Apr 19, 2008 · A Democratic party supporter's website that is a gathering place for politics obsessed misanthropes who seethe with impotent rage at their complete... (lolol)

Ha! Maybe I will join.

I searched around. There's nothing but rumors and circular links between extreme conservative/conspiracy site commenters claiming that CNN edited/displayed that altered photo.

It doesn't take a couple of days to produce such easily obtainable source proof. The CNN logo or banner is always on display during their news broadcasts, but it isn't present in that alleged CNN "screenshot". Also, there's no date/time of the broadcast provided by whomever claims to have screen-captured CNN displaying that bogus photo (which nobody else seems to have seen broadcast on CNN).

I think it's most likely that the "CNN/altered photo" rumor is false and was probably ignited by someone again trolling the extreme conservative/conspiracy sites and their racially-obsessed readers.

Anyway, it really doesn't make any sense for a credible news organization to risk their reputation with a blatant, intentional, tangible distortion of the story, for what? CNN covers white, black, brown and mixed race multiple murderers in similar fashion all too frequently; those killers' brand of mental illness and/or rage is non-discriminatory. The last several public multiple murderers that spring to mind: Holmes (white), Dorner (black), Navy base shooter (black), Lanza (white), Tsarnaevs (white Muslim), Rodger (white/Asian), Roof (white), Flanagan (white/black), Mercer (mixed race).

Shooter's Dad Speaks Out

[Image: Ian-Mercer-on-CNN.jpg]
Mercer's 55-year-old British father, ^ Ian Mercer, was interviewed outside his Southern California home right after Mercer was identified as the Oregon killer. He said he was in shock.

Ian Mercer did a subsequent interview pondering how his son got access to 13 guns and why no gun control measures get enacted after such tragedies occur in the U.S. He says he's never owned a gun and never wants to. Ref: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-oregon-gunman-chris-harper-6569737

Mercer's mother, Laurel Harper, on the other hand, has avoided all public exposure thus far. She is a nurse. A neighbor told reporters that she completely fell apart when the news broke and police showed up at their building. Neighbors also told reporters that she was extremely protective and catering to her adult son. Harper is believed to have shared her son's passion for guns (that's speculation base on internet comments attributed to her, but not fully vetted).

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 10-05-2015

Actually, I'm sick and tired of people feigning outrage after each of these evil acts are committed, and pretending that we as a society really care.

We don't.

I'd feel better if the President, or the local sheriff, or the mayor, or the principal would just come out and say:

"SHIT HAPPENS."

end of statement

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-05-2015

Well, I get your frustration MS.

And, I think you realize that you can't accurately speak to how everybody else feels or know what efforts they do or don't make.

Some people don't care or don't do anything. Other people do everything in their power to block positive change. No argument there.

But, some of us get involved in educational programs, write our representatives, sign petitions, etc...

And some people with big money, high public exposure and/or lots of passion and time do, in fact, lobby for more gun safety/control legislation.

I think those change efforts are going to start paying off soon as the "special interest-owned politicians" continue falling out of favor. While, I agree with you that it shouldn't be such a tough fight and take so damned long, I'm optimistic.

P.s. Jeb Bush recently said when this "stuff happens" in relation to the recent mass murder, so you kinda got your wish granted there.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 10-05-2015

This is the new thing now, it's going to keep happening. Stricter background checks and security guards should be trained and armed. It's ridiculous for any security guard to be unarmed, wtf good does that do? I don't know how to save the world, but I would think that would be the first common sense step.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - FAHQTOO - 10-05-2015

I most certainly do care, but I will admit the shock value has worn off.

I don't care what anybody says or does, whatever laws they change, blah blah blah...nothing will ever stop a crazy with an agenda. If it does, we'll never know will we? But there's no stopping this shit.

I agree with FAHQTOO that there's no stopping this shit altogether.

But, some crazies with agendas are getting stopped. I read about another one yesterday. Link: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/10/05/school-shooting-plot-foiled-in-california-n2061132 Some others: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_attacks_related_to_schools

That usually happens when someone tips off police about a person talking or posting about carrying out an attack and the police get right on it and find evidence of the plot.

More public awareness and encouragement to call in tips, stricter background checks, trained/armed security....won't stop every crazy with an agenda, but can reduce the number of incidents and/or fatalities. I think that's the best we can realistically hope for (without banning guns altogether).

Umpqua College Survivor Accounts and Shooter's Manifesto Contents

A female survivor was interviewed on CNN today. She was shot in the hand. She told the CNN interviewer that Mercer just started shooting people at first. Then he started asking about their religions, specifically if they were Catholic. Regardless of what the victims said, he shot them. She said that he made a girl in a wheelchair get on the floor and then shot her when she was trying to get back in the wheelchair.

I also saw an interview with the mother of the 18-year-old boy to whom the killer handed an envelope containing his manifesto. He told the boy that he was the "lucky one", handed him the envelope to give to police, and then forced him to watch the execution of his professor and his classmates. There was a brief video clip of the lucky one during the weekend memorial shown during the mother's interview; that kid is so traumatized - it's written all over his face.

Some details of the manifesto are being released. Nothing really surprising or original. In it, the killer reportedly ranted about not having a girlfriend. He also said he thought everyone else was 'crazy' - and he was the sane one. The 26 year old also wrote about dying 'friendless and a virgin' on a sheaf of papers that had the number 666 scrawled across them.

The manifesto was a couple of pages long. In it, he also spoke of his obsession with the devil and his hate for others. 'He had a hatred of black people, women, everyone,' a police source said over the weekend, adding: 'The drive and manifesto are being analysed. There is a lot about his hatred of organised religion.'

Ref:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3261340/Oregon-college-shooter-angry-didn-t-girlfriend-ranted-crazy-hate-filled-manifesto.html#ixzz3nkjKZa54

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - ramseycat - 10-06-2015

And no one in this dudes family had a clue he was batshit crazy???

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 10-06-2015

Oh they knew. The mother (who has Aspergers) had put him in a mental institution when he wouldn't take his medications. He also had Aspergers and was on the autism spectrum. He had known and was being treated for psychological problems.

So what's her answer? Encourage his firearms fascination. Great move mom! Does her choice of therapy for her son work?

Sadly, no. Instead he becomes a self loathing black guy who hates other black people, women and everyone else... and has an apartment full of guns to choose from when he finally snaps.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 08:45 AM)ramseycat Wrote: And no one in this dudes family had a clue he was batshit crazy???

I don't know.

Records show that his mother acknowledged he had mental health issues, and she claimed that he had Asperger's.

Neighbors reported that she was always complaining to them about noise, bugs, etc...because she said they were disturbing her troubled son.

It seems that she and her son bonded over guns, based on posts attributed to her. Maybe she's like Adam Lanza's mom and enabled her son because guns and shooting were the things that made their otherwise joyless children excited? That's just speculation at this point.

Anyway, even if mom was an enabler and put those guns in her son's hands, I doubt she ever imagined he was batshit crazy in the sense that he'd massacre people. But, only she can say and she's completely off the public radar for now.

Dad hadn't seen his ex-wife and son since they moved to Oregon a couple of years ago and had no idea they had guns, according to his interviews.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-06-2015

Better Safe than Sorry

Early last year we covered the case of the Kansas team who was arrested after his mother called police because she found evidence that he was plotting to launch a massacre at his school.

That had to be a very hard call to make, but definitely the right call (in my opinion).

[Image: 2D22B5FA00000578-3261690-image-m-2_1444128174812.jpg]
Brendan Moore ^ has spent nearly two years in jail.

Officers responding to the mother's call found a journal written by Moore containing drawings of bombs, people he wanted to target and details of where to put weapons in the school.

Officers evacuated the school and searched the canteen, library and other areas for weapons. The search found no weapons and Moore told the police that he did not mean to harm anyone.

He was arrested later that day and was alleged to have requested help from three other people to kill two vice principals at Topeka West High School, a Topeka police officer and a Topeka Unified School District 501 officer.

Psychologist Steve Hazel analyzed Moore and said the defendant had suicidal and homicidal thoughts and that he 'idolized' the Columbine shooters who killed 12 students and one teacher, before killing themselves in 1999. Hazel recommended that Moore not be released pending trial.

Moore originally faced eight different felony counts based on the notes found by his parents. Yesterday, Moore pleaded guilty to four counts of aggravated criminal threat. The other four counts of soliciting first degree murder, for allegedly plotting to kill four adults at the high school, are being dismissed.

He has now been released from jail with a supervision order placed on him by judge Joseph Johnson at Shawnee County District Court. 'Fortunately, no one was hurt here,' Judge Johnson said. 'With the number of shootings that have occurred (nationwide), we can't take any chances.'

Moore needs to be under the supervision, at all times, of at least one person out of his mother, father, step-father and great aunt. None of his supervisors are allowed be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and cannot be in the possession of firearms, according to instructions from the judge. 'Don't blow this,' the judge told Moore.

Moore will be staying with his parents until his sentencing, which is scheduled for December 8 (he faces up to 3 years in jail on the juvenile sentence). His mother said everyone is glad that he'll be returning home.

Man, you can only hope that this kid's mindset can be fixed.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 10-06-2015

...and everyone involved will be just so, SO sorry when he loses his shit and hurts/kills someone/s.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Love Child - 10-06-2015

(10-05-2015, 11:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Umpqua College Survivor Accounts and Shooter's Manifesto Contents

Some details of the manifesto are being released. Nothing really surprising or original. In it, the killer reportedly ranted about not having a girlfriend. He also said he thought everyone else was 'crazy' - and he was the sane one. The 26 year old also wrote about dying 'friendless and a virgin' on a sheaf of papers that had the number 666 scrawled across them.

The manifesto was a couple of pages long. In it, he also spoke of his obsession with the devil and his hate for others. 'He had a hatred of black people, women, everyone,' a police source said over the weekend, adding: 'The drive and manifesto are being analysed. There is a lot about his hatred of organised religion.'

Ref:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3261340/Oregon-college-shooter-angry-didn-t-girlfriend-ranted-crazy-hate-filled-manifesto.html#ixzz3nkjKZa54

"This is all so shocking"
I said with a somber face laced with sarcasm.