Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-07-2015

From the Associate Press tonight...

In her online postings, Laurel Harper (Umpqua College shooter's mom) talked about her love of guns and her son's emotional troubles, but there are no hints of worry that he could become violent.

"I keep two full mags in my Glock case. And the ARs & AKs all have loaded mags. No one will be 'dropping' by my house uninvited without acknowledgement," reads a 3-year-old posting.

She was referring to a Glock handgun and to military-style rifles. A Glock and a military-style rifle were among the weapons seized after the Roseburg shooting rampage.

Laurel Harper wrote in another posting: "I love the long guns & I have an AK-47 en route." She complained about gun-control efforts in "lame states."

She posted several times that her son had Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of autism. One posting reads: "He's no babbling idiot nor is his life worthless. He's very intelligent and is working on a career in filmmaking."

She wrote that she read aloud to her unborn son from Donald Trump's "The Art of The Deal."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-shooter-mother-guns_56146a22e4b0cf9984d79e8b
--------------------------------

It really is reminiscent of Adam Lanza and the Sandy Hook massacre. Gun-loving single mom turning her mentally and emotionally disturbed son on to guns, out-of-state dad out of the loop, mom giving the son access to an arsenal and presumably oblivious that the son is fixated on Columbine and plotting a massacre...

Unlike Lanza's mom, Laurel Harper is lucky she's wasn't one of her son's victims (though she might wish she was).

No wonder she's totally off the radar now. She's not blameless and she's an idiot, as far as I'm concerned.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 01:03 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It really is reminiscent of Adam Lanza and the Sandy Hook massacre.

That's exactly what I thought as I was reading what she had posted.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 10-07-2015

Yep, another crazy bitch feeding the craziness of their crotchfruit, Very much like Lanza.
THESE are the people that should have their weapons confiscated and their 2nd amendment rights removed.
Every single case of mass shootings that I can remember was done by some king of nutfuck with a history of nutfuckery thet people knew about. There has got to be a way to put a stop to this without affecting everyone else

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 10-07-2015

Crotchfruit...................bwaaa hahahahahaha hah

It made me laugh too.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - username - 10-07-2015

There was almost a bitch fight on CNN yesterday between two commentators. One had a child with Asperger's, the other had a kid with Bipolar disorder. The mother of the Asperger's kid said Asperger's is "not a mental illness". The mother of the kid with bipolar took offense at that distinction and felt it was furthering the stigma of mental illness to differentiate any neuro-biological conditions and the other lady was wrong to distance her kid from the "mental illness" label.

It was cool. I wanted them to come to blows.

It's my opinion that most people try to hide & protect their fucked up kids. I've seen excuses made and a lot of "not MY kid" bs.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 12:33 PM)username Wrote: It was cool. I wanted them to come to blows.

Well then, crotchfruit, you must have Intermittent Explosive Disorder! Catfight

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-09-2015

ARIZONA

[Image: northernarizona2.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all]

An 18-year-old college student was taken into police custody after he shot four people, killing one, in a confrontation near a residence hall at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff early Friday morning, university officials said.

G. T. Fowler, the chief of campus police, said that Steven Jones, a freshman, had opened fire after two groups of male students were involved in a confrontation. The police were able to take Mr. Jones into custody after he stopped firing the weapon and “everything calmed down for a few minutes,” Chief Fowler said.

In a statement, Northern Arizona University said another student, Colin Brough, was killed in the shooting. RIP. The three wounded students aare Nicholas Prato, Kyle Zientek and Nicholas Piring.

The wounded students are being treated at Flagstaff Medical Center. Chief Fowler could not confirm the condition of the survivors but said that each had gunshot wounds.

Arizona is an open-carry state whose voters have been strongly opposed to gun control measures in the past, but Northern Arizona University generally prohibits weapons and firearms, with a few exceptions — guns are allowed in vehicles, for example, if they are stowed.

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/10/us/northern-arizona-university-flagstaff-shooting.html?_r=0

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 03:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ARIZONA

An 18-year-old college student was taken into police custody after he shot four people, killing one, in a confrontation near a residence hall at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff early Friday morning, university officials said.

G. T. Fowler, the chief of campus police, said that Steven Jones, a freshman, had opened fire after two groups of male students were involved in a confrontation. The police were able to take Mr. Jones into custody after he stopped firing the weapon and “everything calmed down for a few minutes,” Chief Fowler said.

In a statement, Northern Arizona University said another student, Colin Brough, was killed in the shooting. RIP. The three wounded students aare Nicholas Prato, Kyle Zientek and Nicholas Piring.

The wounded students are being treated at Flagstaff Medical Center. Chief Fowler could not confirm the condition of the survivors but said that each had gunshot wounds.

Arizona is an open-carry state whose voters have been strongly opposed to gun control measures in the past, but Northern Arizona University generally prohibits weapons and firearms, with a few exceptions — guns are allowed in vehicles, for example, if they are stowed.

Full story: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/10/us/northern-arizona-university-flagstaff-shooting.html?_r=0
The info that the media isn't reporting is that after the shooting, the shooter dropped the weapon and waited for LE to arrive and take him into custody. He is cooperating with LE. And most importantly that this all started at 0130 this morning and was an altercation between two groups of people. The investigation is on going, but from what I gather this could be either a punk ass kid with a gun or self defense against a 51 attack.

Those details are in the linked story Gunnar. I just snipped it for length's sake.

This public/school shooting was not another mass murder, thankfully. And, it appears those involved were in the same fraternity, so not likely random or convenient targets; more likely a personal dispute.

Anyway, I hope the three wounded students survive. Their conditions aren't clear at this time.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 03:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Those details are in the linked story Gunnar. I just snipped it for length's sake.

This public/school shooting was not another mass murder, thankfully. And, it appears those involved were in the same fraternity, so not likely random or convenient targets; more likely a personal dispute.

Anyway, I hope the three wounded students survive. Their conditions aren't clear at this time.
That's weird because I read it and didn't see anything about how he waited for LE and was compliant and cooperative. I believe the writer put a more exciting spin on it in writing: "The police were able to take Mr. Jones into custody after he stopped firing the weapon and “everything calmed down for a few minutes,” The police arrived about 20 minutes after the shooting had stopped. I know I didn't see anything regarding the possibility of self defense. Blowing-kisses

You're right that the bit about the shooter cooperating is not in that piece. It's in other media pieces: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/09/us/northern-arizona-university-shooting/

The details about the time of the shooting and there being an altercation are in the NY Times article.

I haven't seen any speculation as to a self-defense motive in the media reporting I've come across. Hard to imagine the shooter would shoot one guy to death, shoot 3 others guys multiple times, and not be shot himself if it was legal self defense.

But, the story is developing, so who knows? I don't have any inside scoop, just the media reports.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 10-09-2015

NAU is my alma mater.

(10-09-2015, 04:04 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: NAU is my alma mater.

I've seen a bunch of pictures of it; looks like a great campus.

[Image: steven-jones-nau-shooter-photos-1.jpg?qu...=all&w=640]
^ This is the 18-year-old shooter, Steven Jones, from his Instagram account.

The latest reports confirm that he is a student of NAU, but he's not a member of the Delta Chi fraternity to which his four shooting victims belonged.

There are reports circulating that Jones was kicked out of a party and returned with some friends in a rage to confront another group of students. That's not confirmed by law enforcement.

[Image: colin-brough.jpg]
^ The fatal victim was Colin Brough. RIP.

Jones has been charged with one count of first degree murder and three counts of aggravated assault by the Northern Arizona University police department.

He is due to make his initial court appearance and be read his charges this afternoon in Flagstaff Justice Court which is located in the Coconino County Court.

I haven't seen word on the condition of the three wounded victims yet.

Refs:
http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/steven-jones-north-arizona-university-shooting-suspect-victims-delta-chi-fraternity-twitter-facebook-tumblr/
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/09/us/northern-arizona-university-shooting/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - username - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 03:23 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 03:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: ARIZONA

The info that the media isn't reporting is that after the shooting, the shooter dropped the weapon and waited for LE to arrive and take him into custody. He is cooperating with LE. And most importantly that this all started at 0130 this morning and was an altercation between two groups of people. The investigation is on going, but from what I gather this could be either a punk ass kid with a gun or self defense against a 51 attack.

Umm, if it wasn't being reported/in the media should I assume you were there?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 10-10-2015

It was amazing to see how the various media outlets pushed this story into the background, as it was NOT a mass shooting event, on a college campus.

If this would have happened outside a local watering-hole, it would have never made the news.

Unless it involved a Confederate flag or a person of color.

Or the shooter was an illegal.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-10-2015

North Arizona University Shooting - Update

Jones appeared in court Friday afternoon via a video feed from a Coconino County jail. He gave his name and his family's address in Glendale, saying he had lived there his entire life.

A court document says Jones retrieved a gun from his car following a fistfight. He told NAU police that several people approached him and two of his friends as they were outside a residence early Friday. He said a fight ensued and he was punched in the face.

Jones says he was chased by several people as he ran to his car and then he yelled at them that he had a gun.

As two people approached him, Jones says he shot both of them. Witnesses say the victims were about 10 feet away. Jones told police that he used a flashlight affixed to the gun to illuminate the area before firing.

[Image: 8982531_G.jpg]

Jones bowed his head as the charges were read against him: one count of first-degree murder for the killing of freshman Colin Brough, and three counts of aggravated assault for the shootings of Brough's Delta Chi brothers, pictured above: Kyle Zientek (left), Nicholas Prato (center) and Nicholos Piring (right). All are in serious condition with multiple gunshot wounds at Flagstaff Medical Center.

Burges McCowan, a Valley private attorney hired to defend Jones, asked that he be released into the custody of his parents, arguing that he was a lifelong resident and had no serious criminal history. "He has no other place to go," McCowan said. "He is not a flight risk."

Deputy Coconino County Attorney Ammon Barker answered that first-degree murder is capital offense and is not bailable when there is strong evidence against a suspect.

Barker said the incident began as a confrontation between fraternity members, first verbal and then physical. It started on one side of the street and traveled across the road.

"The defendant then ran to his car, retrieved his gun and then went back to the fight," Barker said. "I just want to be clear, there is no indication of self-defense. The defendant shot four unarmed individuals, killing one of them." He said Jones' weapon was a .40-caliber handgun.

He said Brough was shot twice. Witnesses identified Jones as the shooter, Barker said, and Jones admitted it to the police.

Judge Christian set bail at $2 million and scheduled a preliminary hearing for 10 a.m. Oct. 15.

Refs:
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-northern-az/flagstaff/breaking-news-reported-shooting-at-nau-flagstaff-campus
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/breaking/2015/10/09/officials-shooting-northern-arizona-university-flagstaff/73639496/
http://www.newsweek.com/who-were-victims-northern-arizona-university-shooting-381592
http://www.kusi.com/story/30226759/one-dead-three-wounded-after-shooting-at-northern-arizona-university

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 10-10-2015

This little fucker was another phony-tough Zimmerman.

He deliberately returned to kill.

Maybe we need a "pussy" registry, too, to keep guns out of the hands of these twinks.

And one for anger management, low self-esteem, mommie issues, last picked for team sports, no girlfriend . . .

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 10-10-2015

Yea, he is going away.