Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 06:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 09:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Prosecutors are contemplating whether to seek the death penalty.

Is there a reason they don't just go for it? It seems like a no brainer to me but I also know the law can be complicated.

I haven't seen an explanation from the prosecutors in the case. But, here are the factors I believe the prosecution will likely be considering (assuming the defendant is deemed mentally competent, which I believe he will be).

1. Do the victims' family members support death as punishment or would they rather see the defendant behind bars for natural life?

2. What are the chances of getting a death sentence if the defendant is convicted? Is it worth the extra months/years of trial and appeals time and the millions of extra dollars to pursue it?

3. Can LE get critical details and/or a guilty plea from the defendant by offering to take the death penalty out of consideration (thereby sparing the victims' families the pain of a trial, saving the tax payers millions of dollars, and depriving the killer the court room notoriety)?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 12-01-2015

Thanks, I have a better understanding now. I probably should have known this given ive read the crime forum so long now.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 12-01-2015

(11-30-2015, 09:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooter, Robert Dear, appeared in court by video today, alongside his public defender.

[Image: 3b74663f-d924-492e-bc59-8211c053b053.jpg]

He wore a bullet proof vest and confirmed that he understood the charges against him.

The judge issued a gag order in the case, on request of the prosecution.

Prosecutors are contemplating whether to seek the death penalty.
Looks like the misinformation regarding the PP videos concerning fetal tissues is what set him off.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 12-01-2015

hah That and that Daffy duck cartoon.

(12-01-2015, 12:09 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Looks like the misinformation regarding the PP videos concerning fetal tissues is what set him off.

There are still a ton of people who believe PP are up to no good. They haven't taken the time to find the real story, they prefer to believe PP are gleefully selling baby body parts for profit.

Reality is sometimes hard to see even when its on film.

I don't have a problem with what PP is doing. They are using something that was destined for the trash dump for the greater good and I think it's crazy it would set someone off to the extent he would kill innocent people. I hope they don't put him to death, I'd rather he suffered behind bars for the rest of his miserable life.

I'm all for public executions. I wish there was a television channel just for it that replayed all the monsters twitching and squirming as the die. Maybe then people would see what happens when a person does despicable acts and decide its not the life they want to experience.

(12-01-2015, 12:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 12:09 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Looks like the misinformation regarding the PP videos concerning fetal tissues is what set him off.

There are still a ton of people who believe PP are up to no good. They haven't taken the time to find the real story, they prefer to believe PP are gleefully selling baby body parts for profit.
I've heard some doosies. One dude told me that PP was "selling baby parts stuffed into zip-lock baggies on the black market." I explained to him that if that were the case someone would be doing time in a Federal prison. He swears that it's happening hah

You have to admit that the dialog in the video was chilling no matter how it was exploited.

(12-01-2015, 12:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: hah That and that Daffy duck cartoon.

When police officers get killed by black men, you're always the first to claim it's because of the "rhetoric" of those who oppose unwarranted and unchecked police brutality, especially those who tie some of the brutality to racism.

When the media mentions the color of the killers and victims, you claim media race-baiting. When the media doesn't mention the color of the killers and victims, you insinuate race-baiting and post false claims that the media tried to alter the perception of the killer's race.

BUT, when a white Christian extremist plans and carries out an attack on a Planned Parenthood facility and cites the rhetoric of anti-abortion politicians and activists, you portray the killer as some nutty dude who happened to just "snap" while watching Daffy Ducky cartoons inside a Planned Parenthood facility.

Very selective and self-serving reasoning process there Mags.

(12-01-2015, 01:45 PM)Maggot Wrote: You have to admit that the dialog in the video was chilling no matter how it was exploited.
I'm betting, given enough time and editing expertise that I could make a chilling dialogue video too.

It looks edited but not much the conversations were flowing and the questions and answers were quick enough to show fluidity. The content is still there and the emotion of callousness is evident. it happened. PP is just pissed that people saw how they did business.

Yeah, I think PP is more likely pissed about being publicly accused of committing a federal crime based on false/doctored evidence.

And, I think PP is more likely pissed about some politicians and members of the public lapping up the kool-aid even after multiple state investigations have proven that PP broke no laws (some judges are now ordering the states to pay PP's legal fees).

And, I think PP is more likely pissed that allowing their patients to legally donate stem cell tissue to medical research was grossly mischaracterized as something evil by some anti-abortionists; scheming anti-abortionists who exploit people's emotions in attempt to shut down PP's funding for low income health and family planning services just because PP also provides privately-funded legal abortions.

So.....I don't think PP is pissed primarily because what was believed to be a private discussion between industry professionals came across as callous to the general public. The PP leadership apologized for the offense early on. I think they're pissed because of all the lies and threats some anti-abortion extremists have tossed about following the release of the video.

Anyway, it's disturbing that some so called 'Christian' and 'pro-life' anti-abortion extremists are supporting and/or attempting to minimize the murders of a police officer and two innocent civilians.

(12-01-2015, 04:06 PM)Maggot Wrote: It looks edited but not much the conversations were flowing and the questions and answers were quick enough to show fluidity. The content is still there and the emotion of callousness is evident. it happened. PP is just pissed that people saw how they did business.
There has been no denial regarding how heavily edited the videos are Maggs. In fact, they voluntarily took most of the videos down prior to being sued for misrepresentation and slander hah

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, I think PP is more likely pissed about being publicly accused of committing a federal crime based on false/doctored evidence.

And, I think PP is more likely pissed about some politicians and members of the public lapping up the kool-aid even after multiple state investigations have proven that PP broke no laws (some judges are now ordering the states to pay PP's legal fees).

And, I think PP is more likely pissed that allowing their patients to legally donate stem cell tissue to medical research was grossly mischaracterized as something evil by some anti-abortionists; scheming anti-abortionists who exploit people's emotions in attempt to shut down PP's funding for low income health and family planning services just because PP also provides privately-funded legal abortions.

So.....I don't think PP is pissed primarily because what was believed to be a private discussion between industry professionals came across as callous to the general public. The PP leadership apologized for the offense early on. I think they're pissed because of all the lies and threats some anti-abortion extremists have tossed about following the release of the video.

Anyway, it's disturbing that some so called 'Christian' and 'pro-life' anti-abortion extremists are supporting and/or attempting to minimize the murders of a police officer and two innocent civilians.

I Think PP has plenty of reason to be pissed. People need to get off their back and look around and find something real to get on the bandwagon about.
I attended church every time they unlocked the fucking door when I was a kid, same kind of holier than thou bible thumping hellfire and brimstone hypocritical assholes as those fucktards trying to put PP out of business.
Pisses me off.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 12-02-2015

Mass shooting in San Bernadino Ca.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 12-02-2015

*yawn*

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 03:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Mass shooting in San Bernadino Ca.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html

Fuck, again. Sounds like there are a lot of victims; details murky at present.

Multiple shooting victims and potentially multiple shooters (still on the loose) at a center that services disabled children.

Local LE, FBI and ATF are on the scene and triage center has been set up on site.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 12-02-2015

Not another one :(