Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, OR DO THEY? - HairOfTheDog - 02-21-2016

In reading more updates, I think the Daily Mail got the age of the "8-year-old" fatal victim wrong. One of the victims at the Kia car dealership was the 18-year-old son of the other fatal male victim there; I haven't seen an 8-year-old referenced by any other source.

At the press conference, police indicated they were investigating reports that Dalton had taken Uber fares between the shootings at the towhouses, the Kia dealership, and finally the Cracker Barrel.

Shell casings show that he shot victims multiple times. Police haven't uncovered any previous criminal record and don't know if Dalton has a history of mental illness.

Dalton was arrested six hours after the first shootings and 2 hours after the final shootings.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/02/jason-dalton-kalamazoo-shooting-spree-suspect-gunman-shooter-name-photos-pictures-facebook-motive-age/

Also in Michigan yesterday, a 3-year-old got a hold of a loaded gun and shot his mother in the back of the head. Fortunately, the irresponsible mother is expected to survive.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/02/3-year-old_accidentally_discha.html#incart_river_home

Jason Dalton, the Michigan spree shooter, will be arraigned tomorrow.

Dalton reportedly drove at least one passenger on a very erratic uBer ride and was reported to 911 before the shootings. The passenger reported that Dalton remained calm throughout the reckless ride.

Police reported he had a calm demeanor when he was ultimately pulled over and arrested hours later as well. Dalton was in possession of a semi-automatic pistol when he was apprehended.

Neighbors of Dalton have told reporters that he was a good family man who worked as an insurance salesman by day, worked at uBer on the side, loved guns, and liked to work on cars as a hobby. Dalton's wife and two children are confirmed safe, according to a police update.

So far, no known criminal record or history of mental illness reported.

Ref:
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/02/21/kalamazoo-shootings/80697940/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-22-2016

NOTE: The Michigan spree shooter posts from the GUNS thread were moved to this one for ease of reference/searching.

[Image: ?m=02&d=20160222&t=2&i=1119494673&w=&fh=...XNPEC1L177]
^ Jason Dalton was arraigned today by video. He was also denied bail.
Link to the Felony Complaint doc: http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/kalamazoo/arraignment-for-kalamazoo-shooting-suspect-jason-dalton/50671998

He showed no expression as the judge read the six murder charges with the names of the victims. Dalton allegedly told officers he "took people's lives" and had allegedly drove two separate vehicles Saturday night amid a shooting spree. Each victim died from multiple gunshot wounds.

He faces six counts of open murder, two counts of assault with intent to commit murder and eight counts of felony firearm. "I would prefer to remain silent," Dalton told the judge during his arraignment this afternoon in Kalamazoo.

The first victim, a woman shot outside a townhouse, is still alive. A 14-year-old girl shot at the last scene - the Cracker Barrel parking lot - was reportedly declared dead and doctors were preparing to harvest her organs when she squeezed her mother's hand. She is said to be in severely critical condition but fighting for her life. Ref: http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/02/shooting_victim_thought_dead_u.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-22-2016

Michigan Spree -- Fatal Victims
[Image: kalamazoo.jpg]
The victims in the Kalamazoo shootings, from left to right:
(top row) Mary Jo Nye, Mary Lou Nye, Barbara Hawthorne
(bottom row) Dorothy Brown, Tyler Smith and Rich Smith. RIP.

Update
Dalton has a wife and two pre-teen children with whom he lived.

In a statement today, his family said, “We intend to cooperate in every way that we can to help determine why and how this occurred. There are no words which can express our shock and disbelief, and we are devastated and saddened for the victims and the families of the victims. We cannot comprehend the grief which you are feeling, and, while it seems woefully inadequate, we are deeply sorry and are praying for everyone affected.”

LE has a confession, but they say Dalton hasn't revealed a motive for the random unprovoked attacks.

A federal agent says many long guns and handguns were seized from Dalton’s home.

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting state and local police. A spokesman in Detroit, Donald Dawkins, says there’s no indication that Dalton was prohibited from possessing guns.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/02/22/dalton-kalamazoo-shooting/80758258/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-24-2016

The motive behind the Michigan spree shooting remains a mystery, according to police. Very strange case.

Jason Dalton is said to be a mild-mannered man who was a devoted father and husband. He had no previous criminal history and no record or signs of mental illness. He worked two jobs, liked to restore cars, and enjoyed shooting and target practice. Just a regular guy.

Just a regular guy who, on a regular night, went into his local gun store (he legally owned 15), bought a jacket with a gun pocket and chatted with the staff, worked his UBer side job, and happened to shoot 8 people at three different sites while taking fares in between.

Police say Dalton is being cooperative and theyre investigating whether he just 'snapped'. Well, something triggers people to snap. He either doesn't know why or he isn't saying.

I wonder if he he was having family troubles or resented his wife, pre-teen son and pre-teen daughter. He targeted a woman and two children first. Then, he gunned down a man about his own age and the man's teen son. Then, he shot a teen girl and the women she was with.

Just speculating -- very curious. Dalton is reportedly still void of affect according to the update on CNN tonight.

The 14-year-old girl he shot is still clinging to life. I really hope she makes it.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-25-2016

I think these people kill one then say fuck it I might as well kill a few more.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-26-2016

KANSAS SPREE / WORKPLACE SHOOTING

Man, this shit is out of control.

[Image: 31912E3300000578-3464840-image-m-30_1456453235206.jpg]

Cedric Ford ^ was a 38-year-old father of two and an ex-con who was working as a painter at Excel Industries, a lawn-mower production company in Hesston.

Ford somehow had firearms despite his felony record and posted videos of himself shooting them on Facebook.

Today, Ford clocked-in for work as usual. He was reportedly "teased a little" at work.

He left the plant and went home. He shot and killed two people from his car on the way back to work.

Then, he started wildly shooting his pistol and rifle in a parking lot; he stole a Dodge Charger and shot dead the driver.

Finally, Ford ran into the Excel plant, guns a blazing, and and critically wounded 10 people before he was shot dead by a responding police officer.

Refs:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/02/multiple-deaths-in-kansas-shooting-spree.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-26-2016

Yet another one that could have been avoided. Someone go check on the felons and remove their weapons.
It doesn't even require any new laws

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-26-2016

I agree Six.

Ford was a felon who was posting videos of himself with his firearms all over Facebook.

The latest updates indicate he was served an abuse restraining order while on the job. That undoubtedly set him off. He left work, got guns, shot two people while driving back to the workplace, and then shot 14 coworkers at the plant, killing 3 of them.

Unlike Jason Dalton, the Michigan spree shooter, Ford was ineligible to possess firearms and appears to have had red flags coming out his ass.

Very sad for his many victims.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-27-2016

(02-26-2016, 01:26 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Yet another one that could have been avoided. Someone go check on the felons and remove their weapons.
It doesn't even require any new laws

Too bad nobody took away the unstable felon's guns. He didn't make a secret of having them.

It's also too bad he wasn't served the abuse protection order at home and forced to turn over the guns then.

One existing law that is being enforced in this case, albeit after the tragic fact, is prosecution of the straw purchaser.

[Image: 3199329600000578-3466597-image-m-19_1456536648282.jpg]
^ Sarah Jo Hopkins, 28, has two children with gunman Cedric Ford. She is now charged with one count of knowingly transferring a firearm to a convicted felon, according to the US Attorney's Office.

She did not live with Ford and is not the ex who filed the abuse protection order against him. But, she is the ex who last year purchased the semi-automatic rifle and a Glock Model 22 40-caliber handgun he used in his killing spree.

Hopkins works as a preschool family advocate with the Hillsboro school district. She was arrested after the shootings; she is in custody and faces a maximum 10 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000. She's expected to make a first court appearance Monday.

I feel bad for their kids, but she's a dumbass.

Ref:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3466597/Ex-girlfriend-charged-giving-Kansas-shooting-spree-gunman-AK-47-terrified-bystander-tells-shot-head-tried-carjack-her.html#ixzz41NhFUYKL

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-27-2016

The moment he asked for those guns she should have known he didn't really care for her and she should have kicked his junky ass to the curb. Had he actually gave 2 shits about her he wouldn't have wanted her to risk her freedom for him. The mother of his kids!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-27-2016

Oopsie. I shot my mouth off again. They weren't together after all. 50

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-27-2016

They were together when she bought the guns originally though, Duchess.

Hopkins purchased the guns in March 2014 from a pawnshop, according to the affidavit. She told investigators she moved out of Ford's home in July 2015, and took the guns with her in August.

According to the affidavit, she had pawned off the guns, only to buy them again after Ford, who has a history of domestic violence, threatened her.

I don't know how they ended up in Ford's possession again, but Hopkins is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, so we may learn more then.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Donovan - 02-27-2016

That's a whole lotta woman.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-28-2016

Nasty pig, nice going you stupid slunt, you got a lot of folks killed

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Cutz - 02-28-2016

Pretty extreme reasoning.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-28-2016

I agree Cutz.

I think Hopkins is a dumbass for not reporting that Ford had her guns if he stole them from her or threatened her in order to get them. She's also a dumbass if she willingly gave them to him for any reason.

But, I don't think Sarah Hopkins got a lot of folks killed; that's all on Cedric Ford. She should definitely be prosecuted, in my opinion; however, depending on the circumstances, she may get a lot less than the maximum if convicted.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Cutz - 02-28-2016

I think she should get prosecuted for the crime she committed, but yeah. Plus ridiculing her physical appearance is above and beyond.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-29-2016

(02-17-2016, 12:17 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I hope the owners of the weapon used have a great attorney and excessive insurance.

Or a substantial portfolio and assets.

The little fucker who provided the weapon needs to be charged and prosecuted.

The families of the two girls reportedly don't want the boy prosecuted, but I agree with you that he should face some legal consequences.

Update -- Details of Shooter's Murder/Suicide Note:

The 15-year-old girl who fatally shot herself and a classmate two weeks ago at Independence High School in Glendale left behind notes of apology, explanation and even guidance for the emergency personnel she foresaw arriving at the chaotic scene she would soon create.

Glendale police released copies of the letters Friday afternoon while also announcing that they would be submitting a charge against another teen who provided the girl the gun.

Family members have confirmed that the pair who died were May Kieu and Dorothy Dutiel, both 15. Police identified Dutiel as the shooter. They were both sophomores and had been in a romantic relationship.

The handwritten letters, which were edited by police to remove identities and other privileged information, provide a window into a teenage psyche, portraying a girl who said she was “of sane mind” struggling with excruciating heartbreak.

In a letter titled “+ biased explanations,” Dutiel wrote about the unraveling relationship between her and her girlfriend — presumably Kieu.

“Last Saturday, I was informed she didn’t love me romantically anymore,” the letter said. “I was not okay. But we did not separate, because she told me there was a chance.”

“This week,” she continued, “has been the worst in my life.”

The author took pains to absolve everyone in her life of responsibility for her actions — including Kieu. She apologized to her parents for “what I have done,” as well as for comparatively inconsequential details.

“I’m sorry that you just bought me new clothes,” she says in a letter addressed to “Momma.”

A separate letter addressed to “First responders” was matter-of-fact. It said the gun was a Beretta, provided by a classmate. The victim was her girlfriend (name redacted), and the “holder” of this note was “me” (name redacted).

The day of the shooting, a firefighter was the first to notice a piece of paper hanging out of her right front pocket.

The note ended with phone numbers for three “emergency contacts” — her mother, father and grandmother.

In a paragraph near the top of the letter, Dutiel attempted to relieve the classmate who provided the gun of any blame.

“I would like to clarify that him and his family are in no way affiliated with my actions,” she writes. “(Redacted) was under the absolute impression I needed it for self defense. I lied to receive this gun.”

On Friday, Glendale police announced that investigators planned to submit a charge of sale or gift of firearm to a minor, a low-level felony, against the student. The law states that a person who sells or gives a firearm to a minor, without consent of the minor's parent or guardian, is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

The police statement stressed that both of the girls’ families do not wish to prosecute the 15-year-old boy.

It will be up to the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office whether to file charges.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/glendale/2016/02/26/glendale-police-submit-charge-against-teen-who-provided-gun-independence-high-school-classmate/81006722/