Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 05-06-2016

They missed one.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 05-06-2016

Or two.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-07-2016

So many unstable people with access to weapons.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 11:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:

So many unstable people with access to weapons.

There are so many unstable people and so many guns in circulation, it's impossible to keep them from each other. But, I do think we can do a better job reducing the number of unstable people with access to guns via universal background checks, better enforcement of existing laws, severe prosecution of straw purchasers, enforced mandatory reporting of destructive mental illness from all states, etc...

Unfortunately, as in this case, lots of times the bad guy with a gun was thought to be a good guy with a gun right up until the time he decided to shoot innocent people. Tordil has been a police officer since 1997 and he was also a black belt and instructor in aikido.

Some outlets are reporting that Tordil had his guns taken immediately after the abuse protection order was put in place, but he was allowed to carry a hand gun while on administrative duty (I don't know if he had to check it out and in before leaving the work premises).

I would like to hear directly from identified sources at the local police department and at his employer, The Department of Homeland Security Federal Protection Services, about whether his personal weapons were immediately seized and how his work weapon was monitored.

Either all of his guns weren't seized, or he legally purchased guns after they were seized even though the protective order should have prevented that possibility, or he took his permitted work-only firearm off the premises to kill three people, or he secured the murder weapon(s) illegally.

In any case, he killed his wife in front of their young daughter on Thursday and robbed two other families of loved ones on Friday. As of now, LE doesn't believe he knew the two people he killed on Friday, but that's still under investigation.

For some residents in the area, there was a kind of deja vu going on when Tordil was finally cornered. After he allegedly killed his third victim, he went to a nearby strip mall, got a coffee at Dunkin Donuts, browsed the aisles of Michael's Crafts, and then went and ate lunch at a Boston Market (by this time, 100 officers were outside waiting to rush in). The Boston Market he exited was the same one where DC/Beltway Snipers, Lee Boyd Malvo (in prison for life) and John Allen Muhammad (executed), had eaten lunch after shooting/killing random victims back in 2002.

Ref:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/one-person-shot-at-montgomery-mall-in-bethesda-police-say/2016/05/06/f510d2aa-139f-11e6-81b4-581a5c4c42df_story.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Donovan - 05-07-2016

One of the key areas where gun control falls through is not with the guns but with the unstable people. There are virtually no well-funded programs for monitoring and identifying potential nutcases, and no oversight for the proven ones. What agencies do exist are repeatedly stripped of their funding and cannibalized by politician (bath salts politicians heh) until basically the entire existence of mentally ill persons is reduced to wandering the streets and occasionally into possession of weaponry. It's a little like dropping your toddler off in a room full of razor blades and hand grenades and calling that a babysitter.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-09-2016

Maryland Spree -- Updates

After Tordil killed his wife on Thursday, this wanted poster was released.

[Image: Chyc5-RWkAA-mTe.jpg]

(continued)

This weekend, LE told media that Tordil was looking to jack a car on Friday when he killed two other victims.

[Image: Ch5P934W0AEAtXj.jpg]
Fatal Victims: Gladys Tordil, Malcom Winffel, Claudina Molina. RIP.

When Tordil attempted to jack a woman's car at Westfield Mall in Bethesda, Malcom Winffel, 45, came to the rescue of the woman. Mr. Winffel, 45, was shot and later died. Another man at the scene also tried to help; he was shot and suffered serious injuries.

Thirty minutes later, Tordil allegedly killed another victim he was attempting to carjack, identified by police as Claudina Molina, 65, at a Giant grocery store in Aspen Hill. She was a mother, grandmother and a certified nursing assistant who was planning to retire at the end of the year.

Tordil has reportedly shown no remorse and will appear in court tomorrow. He is also said to have left a note to his "brothers in blue" expressing his intent to suicide by cop and asking them for forgiveness.

Refs:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-dc-shooting-killing-20160508-story.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3579232/Victims-federal-officer-Maryland-accused-killing-estranged-wife-fighting-carjacking-attempts-fled-scene.html#ixzz488FZcxI0

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 05-09-2016

(05-06-2016, 07:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 05:28 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 05:09 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: DC / Maryland Spree Shootings -- Suspect in Custody

The suspect is a violent unhinged cop.
The FPS is more like security guards for federal buildings HoTD. Just an FYI

Gunnar, the suspected killer is a federal police officer (cop) for FPS. He's obviously not representative of all cops, FPS or otherwise, but he is violent and unhinged if the allegations against him are true.
HoTD, the FPS is security for federal buildings. He was a federal security guard. FPS is a division of homeland security. They don't write tickets. They don't investigate crimes or even arrest people. He wasn't a cop.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 01:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: They don't write tickets. They don't investigate crimes or even arrest people. He wasn't a cop.

According to the information provided on the FPS site that's exactly what they do. They investigate crimes, they make arrests. The police agency hunting him referred to him as a police officer in their description.

It's my understanding that a law enforcement officer is a police officer.

(05-09-2016, 02:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 01:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: They don't write tickets. They don't investigate crimes or even arrest people. He wasn't a cop.

According to the information provided on the FPS site that's exactly what they do. They investigate crimes, they make arrests. The police agency hunting him referred to him as a police officer in their description.

It's my understanding that a law enforcement officer is a police officer.
Nope, security for federal buildings.

Tordil was a $90,000 a year police officer, not a contracted security guard for FPS, Gunnar. He was a law enforcement officer with police powers (i.e. 'cop') and K9 cert.

I don't have any problem with you viewing Tordil as a security guard instead of a police officer / cop for FPS. So, if you want to redefine 'cop' or argue that Tordil should not have been classified as a police officer, those are matters for you to take up with Websters, the Prince George Police Department, and the Department of Homeland Security.

(05-09-2016, 02:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Tordil was a $90,000 a year police officer, not a contracted security guard for FPS, Gunnar. He was a law enforcement officer with police powers (i.e. 'cop') and K9 cert.

I don't have any problem with you viewing Tordil as a security guard instead of a police officer / cop for FPS. So, if you want to redefine 'cop' or argue that Tordil should not have been classified as a police officer, those are matters for you to take up with Websters, the Prince George Police Department, and the Department of Homeland Security.
A federal security officer no matter how you slice it. You can slap a patch on him and give him a badge and a gun. The guy at my local grocery store has all of those things too. Doesn't make him a cop. I challenge you to find a case where the FPS conducted a criminal investigation rather than turning the investigation over to a real cop.

This is some crazy, freaky shit.

(05-09-2016, 04:31 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: A security officer no matter how you slice it. You can slap a patch on him and give him a badge and a gun. The guy at my local grocery store has all of those things too. Doesn't make him a cop.

No one ever said that he wasn't a security officer; police officers can be local, state or federal and serve in many capacities. Securing people/areas/properties is sometimes part or all of their law enforcement/policing responsibilities.

YOU said he wasn't a 'cop' and that he was only a security 'guard'. That's inaccurate.

Tordil was a cop who worked to secure and enforce laws at federal properties. He wore a "police" uniform and had police powers. He was not simply a private or contracted 'security guard' who held no police powers.

But, as I said, I don't care if you view the suspect according to your own personal definitions/classifications and liken him to a rent-a-cop at the grocery store.

(05-09-2016, 04:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 04:31 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: A security officer no matter how you slice it. You can slap a patch on him and give him a badge and a gun. The guy at my local grocery store has all of those things too. Doesn't make him a cop.

No one ever said that he wasn't a security officer; police officers can be local, state or federal and serve in many capacities. Securing people/areas/properties is sometimes part or all of their law enforcement/policing responsibilities.

YOU said he wasn't a 'cop' and that he was only a security 'guard'. That's inaccurate.

Tordil was a cop who worked to secure and enforce laws at federal properties. He wore a "police" uniform and had police powers. He was not simply a private or contracted 'security guard' who held no police powers.

But, as I said, I don't care if you view the suspect according to your own personal definitions/classifications and liken him to a rent-a-cop at the grocery store.
Just one case that was investigated and closed by FPS... No? Didn't think so. A security guard who can hold the leash for a bomb dog at a federal level of employment. Not a cop. Thanks for playing along though. It was fun.

The only one playing is you, Gunnar. But, I'm not gonna try to stop you from playing with yourself in the crime forum. I'm used to it.

You could take a moment to look up and learn the meaning of 'police officer' and 'cop' and you'd see that one doesn't have to be a detective who closes cases to be a cop. In fact, most are not.

You could also look up and learn about FPS law enforcement officers and cases yourself.

OR, you could keep obsessing on a word and attempting to make an irrelevant semantics argument where there is none, outside of your head, as usual.

Regardless, I'm gonna go ahead and continue posting the facts and updates and reading the opinions of posters who want to weigh-in about the actual case.

(05-09-2016, 07:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You could take a moment to look up and learn the meaning of 'police officer' and 'cop' and you'd see that one doesn't have to be a detective who closes cases to be cop. In fact, most are not. You could also look up and learn about the FPS law enforcement officers and cases yourself.

I did so I could argue about it. hah

The Fed's call him a police officer, a career police officer, so does Prince George's County PD who are doing the investigating and who put out the wanted poster on him describing him as a police officer. The shooter was seriously pissed that the Fed's took back his badge, his weapon and his authority.

Well, however anyone wants to view/label Tordil's occupation, he was denied bond in court today.

He faces murder and firearm charges. The maximum penalty if convicted is life; Maryland no longer has the death penalty.

Some new details about the crimes, the victims, and the suspected murder weapon were revealed in the court docs. Links: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eulalio-tordil-maryland-shooting-suspect-shows-no-remorse-police-say/ http://www.cbsnews.com/news/eulalio-tordil-suspect-in-maryland-shootings-appears-in-court/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 05-09-2016

He's a piece of shit coward, glorified security guard I hope they bust his spokes.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 05-09-2016

Probably puffs out his chest and looks down his nose when walking into a room like Barney Fife.