Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-09-2016

He's definitely a piece of shit coward. I believe his spokes will be busted.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-10-2016

I want to make almost a hundred grand a year by being a pretend cop. Sarcastic

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 05:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Tordil was a law enforcement security officer for ICE prior to FPS. He was stationed in Phoenix and Las Vegas before moving to Maryland.

According to court docs, investigators believe he bought the murder weapon (.40 Glock) in Las Vegas in 2014 legally and failed to turn it in after the protection order against him was enacted. They also suspect he may have stashed weapons within the community.

The man worked for 20 years to help keep the public and federal employees safe. His friends say they never saw any signs of trouble. Meanwhile...... he allegedly terrorized his own family at home and ultimately executed his wife in front of his daughter before killing and wounding five innocent strangers. Total piece of shit.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 01:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Tordil was a law enforcement security officer for ICE prior to FPS.

Yeah, I saw that when I read one of the Feds refer to him as a career cop. It's creepy and bizarre the way people can go through life and those around them don't see what a monster they are and are surprised to discover what they're capable of.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 05-11-2016

(05-10-2016, 05:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Feds pay well. Nice retirement packages too. Some of those guys get raises for not pissing on the seat

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-25-2016

[Image: roof-011_3348332b.jpg]

The Justice Department just announced that it's seeking the death penalty against Dylann Roof, who allegedly opened fire inside a Charleston, South Carolina, church last year, killing nine people.

"Following the department’s rigorous review process to thoroughly consider all relevant factual and legal issues, I have determined that the Justice Department will seek the death penalty," Attorney General Loretta Lynch announced today. "The nature of the alleged crime and the resulting harm compelled this decision."

Roof is accused of killing black worshippers at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston in June 2015, armed with a .45 caliber handgun and eight magazines loaded with hollow-point bullets.

A federal grand jury in South Carolina has indicted Roof, now 22, on 33 counts of federal hate crimes and firearm charges. He is also facing state charges. The state is seeking the death penalty as well.

Roof's friend, Joey Meek, was charged earlier this year for failure to report a criminal plan and for initially lying to police. He originally claimed that Roof told him he wanted to kill a bunch of black people when Roof was drunk, shortly before the massacre. But, later, Meek admitted that Roof was talking to him about his plan to start a race war for about six months; Roof told him that he was planning to use the gun he bought with birthday money from his parents to kill black parishioners and then kill himself.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-25-2016

Bernie Sanders issued a statement reiterating his long-standing opposition to the death penalty, for Dylann Roof or anybody else. In his view, the death penalty is in contrast with American morals and it doesn't deter crime. Roof and criminals like him should be imprisoned for life, without the possibility of parole, in Sanders' opinion.

Obama and Clinton have both said in the past that the death penalty is troubling, though they understand or support it in some egregious cases, but I haven't seen either comment on Roof's case specifically yet.

I kinda think if the hateful piece of shit was convicted and put in a South Carolina prison for life -- without being put in isolation -- the outcome would be the same as if he'd been formally sentenced to death (only he'd be dead sooner).

Most of the family members of the victims are of strong faith, based on their past interviews. I know that not all of them support the death penalty. I think that will be a bit of a challenge for prosecutors, like it was in the Tsarnaev Boston Bomber trial.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 05-25-2016

My other half was there in Charleston last month for a wedding and talked to some f the folks at that church and says that amazingly they offer forgiveness to the little bastard, hard to believe. I couldn't do it. I hope they cap his ass and soon.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 05-25-2016

To forgive is divine. They might be devout and believe only God has the power to judge.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-29-2016

(05-25-2016, 04:01 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: My other half was there in Charleston last month for a wedding and talked to some f the folks at that church and says that amazingly they offer forgiveness to the little bastard, hard to believe. I couldn't do it. I hope they cap his ass and soon.

The people of Charleston showed incredible grace in the wake of such a terrible hate crime. I admire their strength, as individuals and as a community. It would be hard for me to offer forgiveness so quickly too Six, but I admire them.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 05-29-2016

West Houston -- Random Shoot Up

[Image: 1361695_630x354.jpg]

Two men terrorized an area of West Houston today. They were reportedly armed with assault rifles when they started shooting up the street. They hit several cars that were driving in the area, killing one driver. They injured six others.

They also hit a gas pump, which ignited a fire. When police arrived on the scene, the suspects shot a police helicopter and hit it five times. They shot two responding officers on the ground as well. One of the officers was hit in the hand and the other was saved by his bullet proof vest.

One of the shooters was reportedly shot by the other shooter and was killed. The other shooter was shot and wounded, presumably by police. He's in the hospital.

No other details are yet available.

Story: http://abc13.com/news/two-dead-6-injured-in-terrifying-w-houston-shootout/1361533/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-01-2016

California: UCLA Active Shooting In-Progress

[Image: uclashooting.png?w=640&h=360&crop=1]

Two people reportedly shot, shooter on the loose, campus on lockdown. That's all the detail available right now.

I hoping like hell that there are no fatalities. 30

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/06/01/shooting-on-ucla-campus/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 06-01-2016

(06-01-2016, 02:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I hoping like hell that there are no fatalities. 30

CNN is reporting 2 dead but, as you well know things are often very confusing in the first hours after something like this.

Two people were shot and killed on the UCLA campus Wednesday, university officials said, citing police.

Authorities received reports of an active shooter in or near the engineering building, Los Angeles Police Officer Tony Im said.
LAPD Capt. Andy Neiman said he was not aware of the total number of victims or their conditions. It was not clear if UCLA was citing campus police or LAPD for the report of two dead.

Officials put the campus on lockdown as authorities investigate the incident at Boelter Hall, a science and engineering building. Large groups of police with long guns patrolled the streets of the campus of more than 40,000 students.

SWAT officers and dozens of squad cars filled the area as police tried to clear campus buildings floor by floor.
Agents from the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives also were headed to the scene.
"So far we don't know the nature of the shooting," CNN senior law enforcement analyst Tom Fuentes said.

"If it's a personal thing between a couple of students, then it will be a local police matter. If by chance it turned into a terrorist situation, then the FBI would have primary justification over that."
Los Angeles police issued a citywide tactical alert, meaning officers on duty will be extended.

Story

Thanks for the update Duchess.

Thousands of students locked down and hundreds of police, SWAT, ATF, FBI on campus.

Seems LE is leaning towards a murder/suicide. I hope that's the case and there's no threat to anyone else.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 06-01-2016

The Houston shooting was one perp from my city, he had ptsd from serving in Afghanistan.

(06-01-2016, 07:50 PM)BigMark Wrote: The Houston shooting was one perp from my city, he had ptsd from serving in Afghanistan.

Thanks Biggie, I was wondering why it took much longer than usual for the identity of the suspect(s) to be released.

I just looked for updates; the shooter was from Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Seems he had friends in Houston but it doesn't seem there was a second shooter involved, as was originally reported.

However, another civilian with a gun was at the scene. Maybe that's what caused the confusion? Turns out that civilian tried to stop the gunman and was instead shot himself.

The gunman is now confirmed to have been Dionisio Garza III, 26.

The Houston police chief pointed out that civilians carrying guns shouldn't try to stop an active shooter and put themselves in a position to become victims -- they should instead rely on police to do their jobs.

Garza was able to shoot and kill 56-year-old Eugene Linscomb (RIP) with a pistol and wound six others (including two police officers) with an AR15. He fired off over 200 rounds at random civilians and responding officers before he was killed by a SWAT sniper.

Refs:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/houston-shooting-ar15_us_574efd52e4b0c3752dcc134c
http://www.click2houston.com/news/exclusive-west-houston-shooters-family-describes-him-as-troubled

The civilian who shot at the Houston shooter is lucky he wasn't killed by LE. LE originally believed and reported that he was a second suspect.

The unidentified shooter, carrying an AR-15 assault rifle and a pistol, opened fire randomly Sunday morning at a tire and auto detailing store in the upscale Wilchester section of west Houston, killing a customer and injuring two others. One of the injured also carried a weapon and was first thought to be another shooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/05/30/Police-say-single-gunman-behind-Houston-shooting-that-killed-2/5481464619573/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-02-2016

(06-01-2016, 02:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: CNN is reporting 2 dead but, as you well know things are often very confusing in the first hours after something like this.

There was definitely a lot of confusion, but fortunately the deaths at UCLA were limited to two (including the gunman who killed himself).

The killer was from Minnesota. He obtained his undergraduate degree in India, had a PhD from Stanford, and was working on his doctorate at UCLA under the man he killed, UCLA Professor William Klug, 39.

[Image: 1367847_630x354.jpg]
^ Professor William Klug, 39, leaves behind a wife and two children. He's described as a compassionate educator, a brilliant mind, and loving family man. RIP.

[Image: mainak-sarkar.jpg?w=400]
The killer, ^ Mainak Sarkar, praised Klug as his mentor at one point and later posted that Klug was a sick man who stole his code. That assertion has been described as 'psychotic'.

LAPD Chief Becker revealed this morning that Sarkar had a 'hit list' on him. A woman on the list has been found dead in Minnesota. On that list was another UCLA professor who taught the killer (that other professor is fortunately confirmed to be unhurt).

Sarkar reportedly drove from Minnesota to L.A. in his Nissan, armed with two legally purchased handguns, and shot Klug and himself in a small office in the engineering building.

Refs:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mainak-sarkar-ucla-20160602-snap-story.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ucla-professor-shooting_us_57504603e4b0eb20fa0ce65a

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 06-02-2016

Just another asshole from MN.

Where do these guys hang out?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-03-2016

(06-02-2016, 12:50 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Just another asshole from MN.

Where do these guys hang out?

This particular asshole hung out in a lot of academic environments, that's for sure. He was one highly educated madman.

The woman he killed turned out to be his long estranged wife who lived in Brooklyn Park, MN with her father, while the killer lived in an apartment in St. Paul.

Ashley Hasti, 31, was reportedly kind, well-liked, and very very smart; she was close to graduating from medical school. RIP.

LAPD Chief Becker clarified yesterday that the killer had a note on him which directed responders to check on his cat at his apartment in Minnesota. Inside his apartment, LE found the 'hit list' with Ashley's name on it. They immediately went to check on her and found her dead of a gunshot wound to the head.

After he shot Ashley, he drove 2,000 miles to L.A. on a mission to kill two UCLA professors. Luckily, one of them was off-campus that day.

LAPD is still searching for his Nissan.

Updates and pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3621726/The-PhD-student-shot-UCLA-professor-dead-Indian-rubber-engineer-killed-thesis-supervisor-wouldn-t-let-graduate-committed-suicide.html