Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Donovan - 06-14-2016

Taliban didn't do 9 11, the Saudis most likely did.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BlueTiki - 06-14-2016

I just heard that Chick-fil-a opened one of their restaurants, on Sunday, donated and served those standing in line to give blood and to LEOs working the scene.

Weren't these guys targeted by the LGBTQ activists due to the CEO's stance on conventional marriage?

Also, JetBlue is offering free (berievement) flights to family members of the slain victims.

Kudos to both organizations.

Shame on the media for not making these stories front and center.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 06-14-2016

(06-14-2016, 06:18 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Also, JetBlue is offering free (berievement) flights to family members of the slain victims.

That really is a wonderful gesture towards the families, a class act.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-14-2016

Those are commendable gestures by Chick Fil A and Jet Blue.

In addition to food and lodging donations by local individual and business donors, many people in Orlando donated blood, medical staff there worked non-stop and volunteered their services following the attack, and the locals have reportedly pulled together to help the victims' families in many other ways (and to comfort each other).

I've seen Patty Sheehan, Orlando's first openly-gay commissioner, interviewed a couple of times since the massacre. She's working closely with the fatal victims' families, the survivors, and the LGBT community. She was just interviewed by Rachel Maddow and got a little emotional about how much support is being provided by the Muslim leaders and community members in Orlando (with whom she and LGBT leader will be meeting to enhance their partnership in combating discrimination and violence).

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-14-2016

Meanwhile...

^ Baptist pastor, Roger Jimenez, preached to his Sacramento, CA congregation about how, as Christians, they should be praising the murder of 50 homo sodomites who were also, by default, all pedophiles.

True Christians, he says, should only be sorry that not all of the homosexuals were killed, as Jesus would have wanted.

Of course, his hateful religious beliefs are shared by some Christians, but not all.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-15-2016

What a fucking week for Orlando, Florida.

First, singer Christina Grimmie of The Voice is shot three times and killed by a crazed fan after a performance at a small concert theater in Orlando.

The next day, 49 people get slaughtered while celebrating life at a gay club in Orlando.

Then, tonight, a small boy on vacation with his family from Nebraska was snatched at a Disney Resort while the family was relaxing near the lake. The child was playing on the shoreline when, according to reports, an alligator pops up outta nowhere and nabs the little boy. The father immediately raced into the water and tried to save his son, but the alligator won that fight.

Now, LE is trying to locate the boy in the dark. Very difficult task no matter what and the odds of a happy ending don't sound good, in my opinion. Considering how many out of the ordinary major investigations are underway, the Orlando PD and county/city officials have gotta be exhausted and stretched to the limits. Hoping for the best for the boy.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 06-15-2016

Oh God. Oh God. A two year old baby. What the hell is a gator doing at Disney. It all went down right in front of his parents. The horror, the kind of horror you just don't get over. 21

I've shed more tears the past few days than I have in the past few years all together.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 06-15-2016

I think Gators are worse than sharks.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 06-15-2016

(06-14-2016, 10:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Meanwhile...

^ Baptist pastor, Roger Jimenez, preached to his Sacramento, CA congregation about how, as Christians, they should be praising the murder of 50 homo sodomites who were also, by default, all pedophiles.

True Christians, he says, should only be sorry that not all of the homosexuals were killed, as Jesus would have wanted.

Of course, his hateful religious beliefs are shared by some Christians, but not all.

His attitudes have nothing to do with Christianity, or God for that matter. He and his share more with the muslim extremist than anything else. Wicked, dark evil souls these folks have

(06-15-2016, 09:05 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: His attitudes have nothing to do with Christianity, or God for that matter. He and his share more with the muslim extremist than anything else. Wicked, dark evil souls these folks have

Exactly, Six.

(06-15-2016, 06:06 AM)Duchess Wrote: Oh God. Oh God. A two year old baby. What the hell is a gator doing at Disney. It all went down right in front of his parents. The horror, the kind of horror you just don't get over. 21

I've shed more tears the past few days than I have in the past few years all together.

The boy's parents are said to be, understandably, inconsolable. I'd be losing my effin' mind.

LE has said they will not stop searching until they find the little boy.

Disney World has closed water access at all its other beach resorts in an abundance of caution after last night's alligator incident (at the Grand Floridian).

This is reportedly the first incident of its kind at a Disney resort. A searcher said they've come across three alligators so far in their search for the missing boy.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 06-15-2016

Disney World is surrounded by woods so it's not unthinkable that gators could get into one of the many lakes they have there. We usually stay at the Beach Club resort when we go and the thought has crossed my mind before that there could be alligators in that water next to their man made beach.

I can't imagine the horror.

(06-15-2016, 09:05 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: His attitudes have nothing to do with Christianity, or God for that matter. He and his share more with the muslim extremist than anything else.

How so? He's getting his ideology from the bible not the Qur'an.

(06-15-2016, 10:31 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'd be losing my effin' mind.

I can barely wrap my mind around the awfulness of it.

It's been a terrible week just chock full of tragedy. So much sadness.

That preacher and his congregation up there ^^^^^^^, they don't know God. They are more along the line of the devil.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 06-15-2016

I'll tell you why Disney doesn't post 'danger: potential alligators lurking in water' at their hotel beaches.

$$$

Pure and simple.

Do you think any parent in their right mind would allow their kids to wade in water knowing there's a chance a gator could come and take them?

No way.

And if people know there are gators at the beaches, then people won't want to stay there.

Loss of revenue.

I hold Disney responsible and I hope those parents take them for as much as they can.

They have signs that say not to go into the lakes. The man made lakes are just there for decoration and transportation from one park to the other, not to wade in. But they don't have any signs telling people to stay away from the shore because of potential alligators.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 12:27 PM)sally Wrote: They have signs that say not to go into the lakes. The man made lakes are just there for decoration and transportation from one park to the other, not to wade in. But they don't have any signs telling people to stay away from the shore because of potential alligators.

That was my point.

The man made lakes have beaches. I've been there. I know.

However, I wouldn't stay there if I knew I couldn't go down to the beach at the man made lake and let my kid wade if I knew there were gators lurking right there.

Huge lawsuit coming.

The parents have been on my mind all day. You don't forget something like this. It's probably been on a loop in their mind since it happened.

CNN is reporting that the Orlando shooter called a tv station while he was holding hostages and claimed he was avenging US bombing of ISIS, even though he'd praised ISIS' enemies on his 911 call as well. He also called a friend to say goodbye.

His father is one weird mofo and continues talking to the media saying he had no idea what his son was planning, that his son did not act on religion, that his son wasn't motivated by his own (dad's) Afghani political views, that his son wasn't gay, and that he doesn't believe his son's wife knew of the planned attack.

Dad's under heavy investigation, I trust.