Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 12:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Dad's under heavy investigation, I trust.

Better late than never?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Donovan - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 10:59 AM)sally Wrote: Disney World is surrounded by woods so it's not unthinkable that gators could get into one of the many lakes they have there. We usually stay at the Beach Club resort when we go and the thought has crossed my mind before that there could be alligators in that water next to their man made beach.

I can't imagine the horror.
What makes me I'll is knowing that this family very likely saved like crazy for a long time and planned this Vacation well in advance, and it was probably the highlight of their year. They paid thousands to take their baby to his doom. Awful.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 06-15-2016

I hate thinking about it. And the huge lawsuit the parents are going to get isn't going to make it any better.

I read that an employee said he's seen the gators in the water before and guests have even been known to throw food to them from their balconies so I'm not sure Disney is going to be able to claim they didn't know.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 06-15-2016

I just saw that they have euthanized gators there before so obviously they did know it and didn't think it was important enough to tell people to stay away from the shore, especially small children. Fuckers.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 06-15-2016

A settlement won't bring the child back, but Disney is going to lose, and they're going to lose BIG.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 06-15-2016

They found his little body. His name was Lane.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - FAHQTOO - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 05:37 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: A settlement won't bring the child back, but Disney is going to lose, and they're going to lose BIG.

I heard a lawyer say today that Disney will probably offer them a settlement much larger than what a jury would award them.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 06:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

They found his little body. His name was Lane.

I heard that on the car radio just a bit ago and felt so sad but relieved for the parents.

It's an absolutely terrible situation, but I'm glad the body was found and it was in tact.

At least the family will be able to lay the little guy to rest as they see fit. RIP Lane.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Love Child - 06-16-2016

(06-15-2016, 09:05 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: His attitudes have nothing to do with Christianity, or God for that matter. He and his share more with the muslim extremist than anything else. Wicked, dark evil souls these folks have

Have y'all seen this video from Amaryllis Fox, former CIA agent. The message is not a new one, but it is making its way around the internet.

https://youtu.be/7WEd34oW9BI

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 06-16-2016

(06-15-2016, 06:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: At least the family will be able to lay the little guy to rest as they see fit. RIP Lane.

Yeah, that's how I felt too. I didn't want his parents to have to leave without him.

This is Lane -

[Image: 3554DDAA00000578-3643538-image-a-29_1466040076174.jpg]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-16-2016

This week has really sucked in terms of statement violence.

A Labour party leader of the British Parliament was beaten, stabbed, and then shot to death in the street today by an assailant who screamed, "Britain First!".

[Image: YrGoeOpK.jpg]
^ RIP Jo Cox

The UK is currently headed towards a referendum to decide whether it will leave the EU. "Britain First" is a far-right political group.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/16/labour-mp-jo-cox-shot-in-west-yorkshire

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - blueberryhill - 06-16-2016

(06-15-2016, 05:18 PM)sally Wrote: I just saw that they have euthanized gators there before so obviously they did know it and didn't think it was important enough to tell people to stay away from the shore, especially small children. Fuckers.

I read something similar, i.e., Disney had killed several gators and at times, had called in professionals to get rid of them. At the very least, there should have been signs which warned of these dangers....I hate the finger pointing, but so many on FB are blaming the parents. It is the typical rhetoric and upsets me in this case. Why in the hell would a family take their children to a child's fantasy playground and expect a gator to jump out of the water and snatch their child. They will forever feel sorrow and guilt over that.......This family will forever regret the decision which took them to Disney and IMO, there should have been signs warning of gators....a "no swimming" sign doesn't do it for me....RIP sweet Lane......

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 06-16-2016

Well that's pretty fucked up to blame the parents. Jesus. For what, letting him wade on a made made beach at Disney even though there were no swimming signs? That's lame. Truly.

I've spent time in Florida and I've always known that gators can lurk in any body of water, my parents pool is screened in, there's a reason for that but never in a million years would I have guessed there would be gators lurking in Disney water, never.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 06-16-2016

My pool is filled with pure sweet dolphin tears.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 06-16-2016

He wasn't even wading in the water, he was in the sand close to the shore and the alligator came out of the water and dragged him in. The reason why he was playing in the sand next to the shore is because it's a manmade beach with lawn chairs and grills for making s'mores right there next to the water. Most people aren't thinking that an alligator might pop out of the water and grab their kid on a man made beach at Disney world. They do have no swimming signs, but since Disney's wildlife management team knew there were alligators in there they should have had alligator warning signs too. And the shore roped off or fenced in or something.

(06-16-2016, 03:06 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 05:18 PM)sally Wrote: I just saw that they have euthanized gators there before so obviously they did know it and didn't think it was important enough to tell people to stay away from the shore, especially small children. Fuckers.

I read something similar, i.e., Disney had killed several gators and at times, had called in professionals to get rid of them. At the very least, there should have been signs which warned of these dangers....I hate the finger pointing, but so many on FB are blaming the parents. It is the typical rhetoric and upsets me in this case. Why in the hell would a family take their children to a child's fantasy playground and expect a gator to jump out of the water and snatch their child. They will forever feel sorrow and guilt over that.......This family will forever regret the decision which took them to Disney and IMO, there should have been signs warning of gators....a "no swimming" sign doesn't do it for me....RIP sweet Lane......

I agree. And, aside from that, if I saw a sign that said "No Swimming", I wouldn't take that to mean I couldn't stand in shallow water near the shoreline.

The parents aren't responsible for this tragedy, even by the most judgmental standards, except in the minds of those who lack logic.

The kid wasn't swimming in the lagoon.

ETA: sorry sal, posting at the same time.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 06-16-2016

Any person that would blame the parents in this situation is an asshole that doesn't understand the facts/circumstances.

I've heard several times in the last few days, 'everyone knows there are gators in Florida.'

I'll say it again, Disney is negligent here by not having alligator warning signs at their man-made lakes & beaches.

(06-16-2016, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'll say it again, Disney is negligent here by not having alligator warning signs at their man-made lakes & beaches.

Yep.

[Image: 0615-no-swimming-gators-sign-disney-hyat...ency-6.jpg]
Source: http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/15/disney-alligator-attack-signs-warning-hyatt/

And, I think the sign above, which is in place at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress lagoon (just a couple of miles from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort) will hurt Disney if a wrongful death civil suit is pursued.

I'll be surprised if Disney doesn't follow the legal advice FAHQTOO posted upthread -- settle big without a trial. Disney would likely pay more if the case went to trial when you add bad publicity and lost tourist revenue into the equation.

It's really unsettling to me that Disney chose not to warn its customers with a beware sign featuring an image of an alligator. I've never been to any of the Florida Disney resorts, but I imagine they attract families from all over the country and the world. I wouldn't expect all of their customers to know that there are gators in those waters, but Disney clearly knew.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I've heard several times in the last few days, 'everyone knows there are gators in Florida.'

Yeah that's annoying. Mainly because Disney beach resorts put out lawn chairs, sand buckets and shovels, s'mores stations, and hammocks within a few feet away from the shoreline. That encourages unsuspecting guests to go near the shoreline, not away from it. It gives them a false sense of security.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 06:01 PM)sally Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I've heard several times in the last few days, 'everyone knows there are gators in Florida.'

Yeah that's annoying. Mainly because Disney beach resorts put out lawn chairs, sand buckets and shovels, s'mores stations, and hammocks within a few feet away from the shoreline. That encourages unsuspecting guests to go near the shoreline, not away from it. It gives them a false sense of security.

I was on one of those beaches at the man-made lake back in 2009 with an almost 2 year old.

I don't consider myself naive, but I never thought for a moment that 'hey, there may be a few gators swimming around in there, and they may just come right up on the beach.'

Alligator signage, however, would've made me aware.

From there it'd be on me to decide to stay or leave.