Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 06-17-2016

The Orlando shooter, Omar Mateen, was one messed-up individual his whole life, according to the details emerging during the investigation.

Starting in elementary school, long before ISIS exposure, he was kicked out of several schools due to aggressive, threatening, and sexual behavior towards other students and teachers.

He was kicked out of the police academy after making comments about wanting to martyr himself, and then tried to claim he was discriminated against because he was Muslim.

He worked at the BP oil spill as a security guard and was interviewed on camera; he ranted about how it was all about money, everybody was lazy, etc...

He went to the small Pulse gay club many times over several years, and he was reportedly pursuing transexual women and gay men on dating apps since 2007.

A gun store owner claims that Mateen came to the store to buy soft and hard armor and a high volume of ammo the week before the massacre at Pulse. The gun store owner said he was suspicious and turned Mateen down. Mateen called someone and was speaking in another language before he left and the gun store owner called police. The owner didn't have a name or surveillance, so it didn't go anywhere.

Mateen was texting his wife while he held hostages in the bathroom of the Pulse club, in the midst of his massacre. He asked her if she'd seen the news. She replied that she loved him.

He called a tv station in the midst of his crimes. He was also checking out Facebook and social media to see if he was trending on-line.

His phone and computer records should really be of help to LE. If he was the guy at the gun store, who did he call? Who was he in contact with regularly? Are there incriminating casing photos/videos and communications with his wife and others?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 08-02-2016

Seattle Party Triple Murder

[Image: victims.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=300&strip=all]
^19-year-olds Jake Long, Anna Bui and Jordan Ebner were shot to death last week at a party. They were all graduates of Kamiak High School. RIP.

Their killer is Bui's ex-boyfriend, 19-year-old Allen C. Ivanov. He was arrested by state troopers on Interstate 5 more than 100 miles from the bloody scene in Mukilteo, a north Seattle suburb.

[Image: 527d1_Allen-Ivanov-was-arrested-on-s.jpg]
Ivanov ^ confessed to the killings. He broke up with Bui after dating for a year and a half, in order to 'work on himself'. When he was told that she was dating others, he got jealous and bought an AR15.

A week later, Ivanov drove to a party, creeped around outside spying on the party-goers, went back to his car and read the AR15 instruction manual, loaded the rifle, and shot to death his ex and two young men before fleeing.

He is being held for investigation of aggravated first-degree murder, first degree murder and attempted first-degree murder. If charged and convicted, he could face the death penalty.

Ivanov's attorney Tim Leary questioned why it's legal for a depressed 19-year-old to buy a semi-automatic rifle, especially given research that shows the brains of young adults continue to develop into their 20s.

"If he would have walked into a 7-Eleven and tried to buy a six-pack of beer, he would have been turned away," Leary said. "When you look at someone who's 19, what they can and can't do is very troubling, and the consequences of that could not be any greater for the victims, for my client and for the community at large."

Refs:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-party-shooting-suspect-allen-ivanov-upset-over-breakup-dream-girl/
http://q13fox.com/2016/07/30/3-people-dead-1-injured-in-shooting-at-mukilteo-home/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 08-02-2016

Lots of perps commit crimes and once in jail and reality sets in they try and squirm out of their responsibility for the death of others. Blaming everything under the sun but themselves. It pisses me off a bit. Then some wormy lawyer trying to get his name out there takes the case and against his own conscious defends the creeps with as many excuses as money can buy.

There are a lot of sleazy defense attorneys out there, I agree. But, their job is to best defend even the seemingly defenseless to assure every citizen is afforded his/her constitutional right to due process. It's good that they exist.

In the case of the Seattle party killings, I think we know exactly why the perp killed his ex-girlfriend and the others. He admitted it before spending time in a cell.

His attorney will probably negotiate a plea deal that puts Ivanov behind bars for life in exchange for the prosecution taking the death penalty off the table. I hope that happens, anyway -- it takes so long to take a death penalty case to trial and the penalty is so expensive. I don't know if I'd feel the same way if the killer was older and had no mental illness though.

Ivanov is responsible for the killings, period. If he hadn't been able to purchase a gun so quickly and easily, maybe the three teen victims would be alive and maybe not. At least the defense attorney isn't blaming the victims like they often do, at least not so far.

There is no honor among criminals. They should if guilty plead guilty and accept the penalty. A quick death would be more than they deserve and that would be humane. A firing squad does a good job. better than lethal injection.

Well, not all people who are accused or convicted are guilty, even if they confess. We know that for a fact. Still, you could move to Saudi Arabia and get the criminal justice system you desire.

(08-02-2016, 02:03 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Well, not all people who are accused or convicted are guilty, even if they confess. We know that for a fact. Still, you could move to Saudi Arabia and get the criminal justice system you desire.

I'm not as keen on giving a criminal more rights than the victims as you are but if you would like to talk a killer out of pleading guilty even though he knows it and others have seen them kill that's totally up to you. This is America after all.

hah

To suggest that I want to give criminals more rights than victims is daft and baseless, Maggot. I've never stated or suggested anything of the sort.

I don't support letting any premeditated murderers out of prison, and I don't oppose the death penalty in aggravated premeditated murder cases where the evidence of guilt is rock solid.

You, however, have a penchant for declaring certain people who are killed 'criminals' based on bullshit speculation or how you view the killers' professions. You're entitled to your views, of course. But, this is America after all and that's not how our system is designed to work, thankfully.

(08-02-2016, 02:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: hah

To suggest that I want to give criminals more rights than victims is daft and baseless, Maggot. I've never stated or suggested anything of the sort.

I don't support letting any premeditated murderers out of prison, and I don't oppose the death penalty in aggravated premeditated murder cases where the evidence of guilt is rock solid.

You, however, have a penchant for declaring certain people who are killed 'criminals' based on bullshit speculation or how you view the killers' professions. You're entitled to your views, of course. But, this is America after all and that's not how our system is designed to work, thankfully.

You are injecting my statement:

There is no honor among criminals. They should if guilty plead guilty and accept the penalty. A quick death would be more than they deserve and that would be humane. A firing squad does a good job. better than lethal injection

With your own personal definition of my statement which is by the way wrong. Blowing-kisses

What? Rhetorical.

You want to quickly execute all the confessed or judge/jury-convicted criminals. I prefer our system whereby the sentence is determined based on the crime, the proof/intent, and other related factors. Fair enough.

Blowing-kisses

hah Eh...............I'm happy.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 09-24-2016

WASHINGTON -- GUNMAN KILLS FIVE PEOPLE AT THE CASCADE MALL

Last night in Burlington, WA (about 40 miles north of Seattle), a young man entered the mall and shot to death four women and one man in the Macy's store.

The shooter used a hunting rifle and escaped. He was last seen headed towards I5 on foot.

[Image: suspect_20160924042410593_6150423_ver1.0_640_360.jpg]

Police from all over the state are trying to find and identify the suspect ^.

At this point, LE does not know if he had any connections to any of the victims, whether or not he was motivated by terrorism, or anything else. He's either Hispanic or white and he was wearing gray.

Police believe the shooter acted alone. Hopefully, someone will recognize him from the surveillance footage screen cap and he'll be captured soon.

RIP to the victims who were simply mulling the mall on a Friday night. Sad.

Story: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/us/washing...-shooting/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 09-24-2016

Ugh. These stories, all these sucky stories. I'm so sick of shootings & death. Sometimes it seems like it's happening every freakin' day.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 09-24-2016

Terror related?

Can't see his pic real clearly, but certainly appears he could be of middle eastern descent.

Welcome to our new USA.

Lone wolf Islamic extemists killing us.

MS, there have been white people, black people and some Hispanics busted via NSA surveillance or by police for supporting and/or plotting terrorism in this country, both male and female.

Terrorism is one possibility that can't be ruled out as the motive behind the Cascade Mall mass shooting at this time, regardless of the shooters ethnicity or heritage.

I don't think the shooter is of Middle Eastern descent.

(09-24-2016, 02:14 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: MS, there have been white people, black people and some Hispanics busted via NSA surveillance or by police for supporting and/or plotting terrorism in this country, both male and female.

Terrorism is one possibility that can't be ruled out as the motive behind the Cascade Mall mass shooting at this time, regardless of the shooters ethnicity or heritage.

I don't think the shooter is of Middle Eastern descent.

There were 2, if not 3, incidents just last week that authorities believe we're terror related.

Are you poo-pooing the notion that these Islamic fanatics are out there wishing to kill and maim Americans?

Because that's exactly what they want.

Educated Americans looking to blame anyone but Islamic terrorists.

That wouldn't be PC.

What I'm saying, MS, is that witnesses at the mall described the shooter as teens or early 20s, Hispanic or white, and that U.S. authorities have arrested Americans of all colors for terrorist-related crimes. Most of them were radicalized or became sympathizers via internet rhetoric and propaganda, which has no physical or ethnic boundaries.

So, my point is, even if the shooter is not of Middle Eastern descent, terrorism cannot definitively be ruled out at this time. People of Middle Eastern descent are not the only ones, by a long shot, committing or plotting to commit mass murder and terrorist attacks in our country.

And, no, I'm not denying that people of Middle Eastern descent are among those committing or plotting to commit mass murder and terrorist attacks in our country; there surely are, likely more than any other demographic.

I know the way to label it, so that we don't exclude Somali's, Phillipinos, Malaysians or Algerians/Moroccans/Libyans, etc.

Muslims.

Now, I don't know about you, but I haven't seen too many Christian terrorists lately shooting up malls, bombing public places, etc.

The Mexicans and Irish are off the hook.

I looked at the video again.

If any intelligent person can look at it and say with a straight face that he's Hispanic/Latino, they're full of shit.

That guy is middle eastern, possibly North African.

Jesus Christ, MS.

Yes, there are Islamic terrorists among us. Some are Muslims and always have been. Some are Middle Eastern or of Middle Eastern descent. Some are Americans from various ethnic backgrounds who converted to radical Islam after being reeled in via the internet.

I do not know the ethnicity, heritage, or religion of the Cascade Mall shooter. LE doesn't know either. Maybe you're right and he's a Middle Eastern Muslim terrorist. It's certainly possible. Maybe he's a nutter Mexican Catholic who was fired from a Macy's department store and was out for revenge. Maybe he's a mixed race Atheist teen who idolized previous mall shooters and wanted the attention.

I only know and relayed the little that's been reported by LE and witnesses. We'll likely have a lot more information soon, when the bastard is captured.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 09-24-2016

Some of the fanatical towel heads would blend right in with normal Americans especially the women. I will wait to pass judgement on this one but I'm leaning towards MS's assessment. But for him to get out of that mall without help would be tough. HOTD is correct though Islamic nutcases are all colors although I believe 90% are middle eastern.