Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 01-30-2017

Canadian police have released one of the men arrested after the mass shooting at the Quebec mosque.

Mohamed el Khadir, a Moroccan-Canadian, was taken into custody after he called police and indicated he had info about the incident. After interrogation, he was labeled as a witness.

This is the alleged shooter, Alexandre Bissonnette, a university student.

[Image: 3CAB03CC00000578-4170500-image-a-9_1485802035448.jpg]

Bissonnette, who is from the affluent nearby suburb of Cap Rouge, will appear in court sometime on Monday or Tuesday.

'Police consider this a lone wolf situation,' a source told Reuters.

Six men aged between 39 and 60 were killed at the mosque and five remain in a critical condition in intensive care at the city's Hôpital de l'Enfant-Jésus. Twelve others had less serious injuries and another 39 escaped unharmed.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170500/Five-dead-GUNMEN-open-fire-Mosque-Quebec-City.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 02:05 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Guns are illegal in Canada. 28

You better rush over the border and tell the Canadians that, Gunnar. They might laugh at you too though because I'm pretty sure Canadians know that guns are not illegal in Canada.

Canadian law classifies firearms into three categories: prohibited, restricted, and non-restricted. Prohibited firearms include military-grade assault weapons such as AK-47s and sawn-off rifles or shotguns. Handguns and some semi-automatic rifles are generally classified as restricted weapons, while most rifles and shotguns are non-restricted. To get a restricted firearm, Canadians must pass a background check (including personal references) and take a safety course. You can get more information here or on hundreds of other sites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Canada

Legal but well controlled gun access is effective in Canada. The most recent stats available (2012) show that Canada had a total of 172 murders involving the use of firearms, whereas there were 8,813 firearms-related homicides in the U.S. that year. http://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/12/04/news/how-american-gun-deaths-and-gun-laws-compare-canadas

In any event, it's terrible that 6 people were killed while attending Mosque in Quebec. RIP. And, nobody doubts that some criminals can get a hold of guns illegally most anywhere. But, we don't know yet if the two fuckers arrested in Quebec had guns legally or not, nor do we know their motives.
They had assault rifles, which according to your link is illegal. Laugh clown laugh.

It's a little sad that you just can not or will not admit that you're mistaken and own your shit, like most of the rest of us do without issue, Gunnar. But, it's also some amusing shit.

You said, "meahwhile in Canada, where guns are illegal". That's an ignorant false statement, pure and simple. No amount of deflection or projection is going to change that fact.

We now know that one of the guns used is believed to have been an AK-47, which is prohibited in Canada (and the U.S.). We also know that other rifles were found in a search. So, we still don't know whether there were some guns which were legally owned and used in the attack, but I won't be surprised if they were all illegally owned. I never claimed otherwise because the facts aren't all in yet.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 01-30-2017

Never mind the population of the USA is ten times more, report news, don't manufacture it.

(01-30-2017, 04:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: Never mind the population of the USA is ten times more, report news, don't manufacture it.

Those aren't manufactured statistics/news, you dope.

Do a little basic math and enlighten yourself with some context; context which you assume others don't already have and need to have spelled out for them.

What is 10 x 172, Biggie? When you've figured that out, ask yourself if the number comes anywhere near 8,813. If your answer is 'yes', go back and check your math.

Because the person has an agenda that's why they don't post it as a percent in the first place, dear lord. Every single piece of "information" is done that way now, the mouth breathers who voted for Obama lap that shit up without even doing the math. Yes I know that even when you do the math its seriously more percentage wise but that's not my point.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 03:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It's a little sad that you just can not or will not admit that you're mistaken and own your shit, like most of the rest of us do without issue, Gunnar. But, it's also some amusing shit.

You said, "meahwhile in Canada, where guns are illegal". That's an ignorant false statement, pure and simple. No amount of deflection or projection is going to change that fact.

We now know that one of the guns used is believed to have been an AK-47, which is prohibited in Canada (and the U.S.). We also know that other rifles were found in a search. So, we still don't know whether there were some guns which were legally owned and used in the attack, but I won't be surprised if they were all illegally owned. I never claimed otherwise because the facts aren't all in yet.
2 assault rifles were seized. You can deflect or reject that fact, be my guest. But these two facts remain, the weapons used are illegal and Canada has pretty strict gun laws. I suppose I should have been more accurate in stating assault rifles are illegal and maybe then you wouldn't have lost your shit. At least you got a fucking link this time laughing girl.

You sound delusional, Biggie.

The fact is that there are a lot more gun homicides in the U.S. per capita than in Canada. This has been discussed at length in the GUNS thread.

That fact can be stated accurately in a number of ways, which doesn't make the fact or the statistics 'manufactured'.

If you and Gunnar for some reason feel the need to try to make this mass shooting at a Canadian mosque an argument against gun control or media reporting, have at it. I've corrected Gunnar's false statement and advised you on how to convert the numbers into the form of comparison you desire. You two can go off on whatever tangents you so desire from here.

I'm interested in the case itself and the developing facts.

(01-30-2017, 05:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: 2 assault rifles were seized. You can deflect or reject that fact, be my guest. But these two facts remain, the weapons used are illegal and Canada has pretty strict gun laws. I suppose I should have been more accurate in stating assault rifles are illegal and maybe then you wouldn't have lost your shit. At least you got a fucking link this time laughing girl.

It wouldn't have been "more accurate"; your original statement wasn't accurate at all. Guns are not illegal in Canada, period. You were trying to make a political point and didn't know what the heck you were talking about. Nothing new.

And, clearing up the falsities you present as facts in the crime forum while keeping a sense of humor about it is not 'losing shit', no matter how many times you try to frame it as such when you get butthurt about being wrong and keep digging your heels in, Gunnar.

I'm still waiting to hear from LE about the developing facts of the case. Some semi-automatic rifles were recovered according to the last report I read. If that's accurate, we'll know soon enough if the shooter had a license for them or not. If only two AK47s were used, we'll know that the shooter used only illegal weapons, which, of course, does not mean that 'guns are illegal in Canada'. That statement from you was 100% inaccurate no matter the details of this case.

Now, I'll leave it to you and Biggie to go off in whatever direction you'd like. Bullshit doesn't interest me here.

In Canada you are 180% less likely to be killed than in the USA.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 06:00 PM)BigMark Wrote: 180%

*cringe* Nononono. There's only 100%.

Pet peeve. 50

No fucking shit.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 01-30-2017

Crabby pants. Go play in traffic.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - F.U. - 01-30-2017

Yea Bigs . Watch this.
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/epic-video-of-cars-plowing-through-protesters-trying-to-block-the-road?utm_source=COTR&utm_medium=COTR&utm_campaign=COTR

With a blindfold?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 01-30-2017

Whats the score in Canada?

(01-30-2017, 06:11 PM)F.U. Wrote: Yea Bigs . Watch this.
http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/epic-video-of-cars-plowing-through-protesters-trying-to-block-the-road?utm_source=COTR&utm_medium=COTR&utm_campaign=COTR

That was awesome!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - F.U. - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 07:55 PM)BigMark Wrote:

That was awesome!

I don't know if I laughed more at the video or the song.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 01-30-2017

(01-30-2017, 07:55 PM)BigMark Wrote:

That was awesome!

Many of those protesters got more then they bargained for!

Actions, have consequences)

(Some looked like they had serious consequences)

Quebec Mosque Mass Shooting Update

QUEBEC CITY (AP) -- A French Canadian known for far-right, nationalist views was charged Monday with six counts of first-degree murder and five counts of attempted murder over the shooting rampage at a Quebec City mosque that Canada's prime minister called an act of terrorism against Muslims.

Suspect Alexandre Bissonnette made a brief court appearance and did not enter a plea in the attack that left six people dead during evening prayers Sunday. Wearing a white prisoner jump suit, his hands and feet shackled, he stared down at the floor and fidgeted, but did not speak.

The 27-year-old suspect, who has espoused support for the French far-right party of Marine Le Pen and had liked U.S. President Donald Trump on his Facebook page, was known to those who monitor extremist groups in Quebec, said François Deschamps, an official with a refugee advocacy group.

"It's with pain and anger that we learn the identity of terrorist Alexandre Bissonnette, unfortunately known to many activists in Quebec for taking nationalist, pro-Le Pen and anti-feminist positions at Laval University and on social media," Deschamps wrote on the Facebook page of the group, Bienvenues aux Refugiés, or Welcome to Refugees.

An anthropology and political science major at Laval University in Quebec City, Bissonnette had also expressed support on his Facebook profile for "Génération Nationale," a group whose manifesto includes the rejection of "multiculturalism."

(continued)