Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 01-30-2017

Police initially arrested two men but later said just one, Alexandre Bissonnette, remained a suspect. A second person held in connection with the shooting was later described as a witness. One man was arrested at the scene and a second man held after he called 911, police said.

A handgun and at least two assault rifles were also recovered, according to Canadian media reports.

Canada is generally welcoming towards immigrants and refugees, but tensions have been simmering in Francophone Quebec over attitudes towards Islam.

Last year, a pig's head was left on the doorstep of the mosque that was attacked on Sunday during ramadam, when Muslims fast from dawn to sunset. Practicing Muslims do not eat pork.

In 2013, police investigated after a mosque in the Saguenay region of Québec was smeared with what was believed to be pig's blood.

In the neighboring province of Ontario, a mosque was set on fire in 2015, a day after the infamous Paris terror attacks in November.

Refs:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-killed-canada-mosque-shooting-100413552.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/30/quebec-mosque-shooting-two-students-arrested-gun-attack-mosque/
-----------------------------------

This is sounding a lot like the Dylann Roof mass mass murder at the black church in South Carolina two years ago.

Canadian police are not talking about motive, but say they are investigating the possibility of terrorism.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 01-31-2017

I had to go in and do some searching on this, Saturday and even Sunday multiple news outlets were saying there were 2 arrests and one was Muslim and the other a recent convert. Then this am on NPR they were just talking about the one guy going to court.
Made me wonder before I found the real deal why was the media Not talking about this being muslim on muslim, guess thats because it wasn't.
Nuthatches every where you look it seems

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 01-31-2017

Yeah, it wasn't Muslim on Muslim. But, the initial reporting indicated that it might partially be -- in almost all of these types of chaotic crimes, details change as the smoke clears and police have time to investigate the basics.

Police snatched up a Muslim man after the shooting, took him in for questioning and also quickly apprehended the shooter (the shooter who we now know was arrested in his car on a bridge about 5km east of Quebec City centre, where he called 911 to say he wanted to cooperate with police).

So, media initially reported two arrests, one Muslim, which was accurate. But, the Muslim man's involvement was as a witness (and maybe a surviving victim), not a perpetrator, and media reported that update as soon as police released him.

The shooter was charged with six counts of murder and five counts of attempted murder yesterday. Many Canadians are upset that he wasn't also charged with terrorism, but police say they don't have evidence to support that charge at this time.

Maybe police will find evidence of terrorism. But, seems more likely to me, based on the little known now, that the crime was motivated by resentment and hatred of Muslims......similar to how Dylann Roof shot 9 people to death in the black church because he hated black people and wanted to start a race war. We'll see.

Whether or not he's ultimately charged with terrorism or a hate crime won't really affect the shooter's sentence though. Canada is not one of the handful of countries that still employs the death penalty.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-18-2017

Denver, Colorado

This public shooting happened on January 31st. Yet again, a former U.S. military member is the alleged killer.

[Image: 3D5BC8F800000578-4236442-image-m-7_1487376921319.jpg]
^ Scott Von Lanken, 56, was shot to death while talking with two women at Union Station. He was a transit officer at the station. Von Lanken was a pastor of various churches and a former police officer who moonlighted as an RTD security officer in Denver to supplement his income for his wife and two children. RIP.

One of the women talking to Von Lanken told investigators that the suspect, Joshua Cummings, 37, said something like, 'Do what you are told,' just before he opened fire and ran away, police have said. Cummings was found a short time later hiding on the terrace of an apartment building with a handgun, authorities said.

[Image: 82347-4236442-Joshua_A_Cummings_charged_...603415.jpg]
^Cummings was known to members of the law enforcement. Muslim leaders and mosque attendees had reported Cummings to LE in the months prior to the shooting because he was acting strangely and there was concern he could be radicalized. Federal authorities reportedly investigated the reports, but it's not been revealed what action they took, if any.

In a telephone interview Thursday from Denver's jail, Cummings told The Associated Press he pledged his allegiance to ISIS after spending three days behind bars fasting. He said he did so to purge himself of an oath he took to uphold the US Constitution when he joined the Army in 1996.

But, Police have uncovered no evidence to suggest Cummings was either directed by ISIS to carry out the killing or may have been inspired by the group, Denver Police Commander Barb Archer said Friday. ISIS has not claimed any credit.

Cummings served in the Army more than a decade ago but never saw combat.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4236442/Denver-slaying-suspect-supports-Islamic-State.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 02-18-2017

Another Radicalized Jew going on a shooting spree.

I mean... radicalized Buddhist.

Oops... radicalized Christian.

That Islam really teaches you to love your neighbor doesn't it?

It was Islamic leaders who reported Cummings to LE when he was acting strangely and before he killed anyone, MS. If he was radicalized, it was in opposition to their principles, not in accordance with them.

I'm all for fighting against radical Islamic violence, including more focus on tackling internet self-radicalization sites. But, the vast majority of radical killers in North America are not Muslim and aren't any better than Muslim killers.

Robert Lewis Dear, the radical who killed 3 strangers at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, did not practice Islam --he claims to have killed in the name of Christian principles. The Canadian shooter who recently killed six people at the Muslim mosque did not practice Islam; he appears to have killed for radical anti-immigrant nationalist principles. Dylann Roof who killed 9 people at a Baptist church did not practice Islam; his radical motive for killing was to protect white American society from black people.

Extremism and radicalization are promoted from a variety of ideologies and sources -- all dangerous and more easily spread via the internet.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-18-2017

When I think about what could happen when I'm out in the world living my life I never think it's going to be a Muslim who opens fire on a large crowd, I think it's going to be a deranged white dude.

But a deranged white dude isn't saying he's killing you in a religion's name.

That was my point.

The deranged white American dude in this case is a Muslim. He is also a veteran of the U.S. army.

But, he didn't say he killed in the name of religion, which wouldn't have made the killing any less tragic.

He said after 3 weeks in jail that he was pledging his allegiance to ISIS because he wanted to cleanse himself of the oath he took to protect the U.S. Constitution.

We don't know his motive for killing Van Lanken. I wonder if he knows.

(02-18-2017, 12:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The deranged white American dude in this case is a Muslim. He is also a veteran of the U.S. army.

But, he didn't say he killed in the name of religion, which wouldn't have made the killing any less tragic.

He said after 3 weeks in jail that he was pledging his allegiance to ISIS because he wanted to cleanse himself of the oath he took to protect the U.S. Constitution.

We don't know his motive for killing Van Lanken. I wonder if he knows.

I know you like debating, and having the final word.

In this case, you're trying to deflect from my statement that, at least recently (the past decade or so) the only religion that demented individuals kill IN THE NAME OF, is Islam.

In this particular case, if this guy was scaring even his Imams, he definitely killed IN THE NAME OF Islam.

Gimme a break, MS.

I'm telling you that the facts as we know them don't support what you're saying and pointing out some general context. You're debating the facts of the case with your opinion and that's fine.

The Muslim leaders reported Cummings because he was acting weird at mosque and they were concerned he could be dangerous. They didn't want him twisting their religion in a way that was not in accordance with their faith or hurting anyone.

The accused killer did not say that he killed in the name of Islam. He isn't cooperating with detectives, but they say they've found no connections to ISIS. He only pledged allegiance to ISIS after being in jail for weeks, which prosecutors label a bid for attention.

I'm not making up points to debate you; those are the facts and they're contained in the article that I linked.

If evidence emerges that he killed in the name Islam, we'll find out. Right now, there's no such evidence. But, I understand that you're convinced you know the killer's motive; no problem.

Keep in mind that this is a discussion forum. Discussion involves going back and forth on topics. I get tired of this weak-minded 'last word' bullshit. Respond to this post and I promise you the last word is yours.

(02-18-2017, 03:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Gimme a break, MS.

I'm telling you that the facts as we know them don't support what you're saying and pointing out some general context. You're debating the facts of the case with your opinion and that's fine.

The Muslim leaders reported Cummings because he was acting weird at mosque and they were concerned he could be dangerous. They didn't want him twisting their religion in a way that was not in accordance with their faith or hurting anyone.

The accused killer did not say that he killed in the name of Islam. He isn't cooperating with detectives, but they say they've found no connections to ISIS. He only pledged allegiance to ISIS after being in jail for weeks, which prosecutors label a bid for attention.

I'm not making up points to debate you; those are the facts and they're contained in the article that I linked.

If evidence emerges that he killed in the name Islam, we'll find out. Right now, there's no such evidence. But, I understand that you're convinced you know the killer's motive; no problem.

Keep in mind that this is a discussion forum. Discussion involves going back and forth on topics. I get tired of this weak-minded 'last word' bullshit. Respond to this post and I promise you the last word is yours.

If I told you you had a beautiful body I bet you'd hold it against me!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-18-2017

hah

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-19-2017

(02-18-2017, 04:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: If I told you you had a beautiful body I bet you'd hold it against me!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-24-2017

Kansas

Another U.S. military veteran carried out a public shooting on Wednesday night. Seems that there have been a lot of veterans over the last couple of years involved in shooting police, shooting crowds of people, shooting innocent people minding their own business.

This is Navy veteran Adam Purinton, 51.

[Image: 114507-4254012-CORRECTS_LAST_NAME_TO_PUR...568919.jpg]

Police say Purinton shot and killed Srinivas Kuchibhotla, an engineer at Garmin, and wounded Kuchibhotla's colleague Alok Madasani at Austin's Bar and Grill in Olathe, Kansas.

He then fired at a third man, identified as local Ian Grillot, who had tried to intervene.

At least one witness said Purinton yelled 'get out of my country' and claimed he heard him screaming racial slurs before opening fire in the crowded sports bar where patrons were watching the University of Kansas-TCU basketball game.

Purington apparently thought Kuchibhotla and Madasani were Middle Eastern, although in reality both men were of Indian decent. He fled after the shootings.

Purinton was taken into custody just after midnight on Thursday morning at an Applebee's about 70 miles to the southeast in Clinton, Missouri, authorities said.

Assistant Clinton Police Chief Sonny Lynch said an Applebee's bartender summoned police to the bar where the man was drinking because he said he'd been involved in a shooting.

(continued)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-24-2017

[Image: 3D96958800000578-4254012-image-m-68_1487888546017.jpg]
^ Kuchibhotla, who had a Master's degree and was hired by Garmin International in 2014 to manage the company’s helicopter programs, died at an area hospital. RIP.

Alok Madasani and Ian Grillot were hospitalized, the latter suffering from wounds to his hand and shoulder.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4254012/Witnesses-say-Kansas-shooting-racial-overtones.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-24-2017

"get out of my country" Jesus Christ *sigh*

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-25-2017

Brown skinned people need to fear white Americans, not the other way around.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 02-25-2017

Keep spraying glitter out of your ass with your head stuck in the sand, it's a beautiful fountain of nonsense.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 02-26-2017

Some people are not from this planet! hah