Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-15-2018

Yeah, local restrictions and security measures that exceed the federal laws and mandates are a-okay by me. But, judging by the extent of errors made in just adhering-to and enforcing the existing federal laws and procedures, massive improvement in that area is definitely needed.

Florida High School -- Student Victims

[Image: 49412A4600000578-0-image-m-7_1518732490467.jpg]
From top, left to right: Jaime Guttenberg, 14, Helena Ramsey, 17, Meadow Pollack, 18, Martin Duque, 14, Nicholas Dworet, Joaquin Oliver, 17, Carmen Schentrup, Gina Montalto, 15, Luke Hoyer, 15, Cara Loughran, Alaina Paige, 14, Alyssa Alhadeff, 15, Peter Wang, 15, and Alex Schachter, 14.

Rest in Peace.

(Edited/Updated)

Florida High School - Teaching Staff Victims

Three teachers were also shot to death in yesterday's school massacre. All three of them are being hailed as heroes.

[Image: 493DBCCC00000578-5393919-Aaron_Feis_37_d...267256.jpg][Image: 493A106300000578-5393919-Chris_Hixon-a-1...212826.jpg]
[Image: 49400C8800000578-5393919-image-m-182_1518722206482.jpg]

Track coach Aaron Feis, 37, Athletic Director Chris Hixon, 49, and Geography teacher Scott Beigel, 35, were killed while trying to shield their students from bullets.

Rest in Peace.

Story and more pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5393919/First-victim-Florida-high-school-massacre-pictured.html

(02-15-2018, 01:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I bet in just about all of these shootings, going all the way back to Columbine, and including those incidents that weren’t school related (CO theater, Las Vegas, etc), that there were multiple warning signs that the perp was a ticking time bomb.

That seems to be true for Nikolas Cruz; lots of red flags.

1. He'd been expelled, his mom had called the cops several times to help her control him, students were afraid of him because he often made threats (including on social media)...

2. He bragged about killing animals, was obsessed with guns, and posted that he wanted to become a school shooter.

3. According to the leader of a white nationalist militia group, Nikolas Cruz was an active member and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee.

Republic of Florida (ROF) leader Jordan Jereb old The Associated Press that his group wants Florida to become its own white ethno-state. He said his group holds "spontaneous random demonstrations" and tries not to participate in the modern world.

Jereb said he didn't know Cruz personally and that "he acted on his own behalf of what he just did and he's solely responsible for what he just did." https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-white-nationalist-republic-of-florida/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-15-2018

(02-15-2018, 05:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: were killed while trying to shield their students from bullets.

I don't think I could ever be so brave. I don't know, I just don't know and I hope I never find myself in a similar situation in order to find out.

(02-15-2018, 06:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 05:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: were killed while trying to shield their students from bullets.

I don't think I could ever be so brave. I don't know, I just don't know and I hope I never find myself in a similar situation in order to find out.

Those teachers were brave, for sure. Some of the students helped other students too, and at least one of them died in the process.

More details continue to emerge. Cruz took an Uber to his former school yesterday.

An unidentified school employee saw him walking purposefully carrying a backpack and immediately alerted code red when Cruz started shooting.

Everyone at the school had reportedly been warned that Cruz was a danger and not allowed on campus.

Cruz allegedly told investigators that as students began to flee, he decided on a plan to discard the rifle and vest with additional magazines so he could "blend in with the crowd." The police document says investigators later uncovered the rifle and magazines in the locations he indicated.

After running a trace on the gun, the ATF determined it was legally purchased by Cruz in February 2017, the documents say.

As law enforcement rushed to respond, Cruz was able to escape the school undetected. He stopped at a WalMart, bought a drink at a Subway restaurant and stopped at a McDonald's as authorities searched for him.

He was spotted by a Coconut Grove Police Officer and arrested about an hour later.

Man, this guy said he wanted to shoot up a school. His former school was well aware that he was a threat. He was known to local police and the FBI had been given a heads-up. He was posting all kinds of troubling shit under his own name on-line. Yet........he managed to walk into the school and kill 17 people and waltz right out. Pisses me off.

Ref:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-school-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-blended-in-with-fleeing-students/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 02-15-2018

(02-15-2018, 06:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: I hope I never find myself in a similar situation in order to find out.[/i][/size]

Well your chances are increasing. Both you and I can obtain guns capable of taking out masses and walk into any crowded place and shoot it up, it wouldn't be that hard. Most people are sane, however, and wouldn't do that, but how many people are out there that would do it? Probably lots by now. The next one will come along shortly.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-15-2018

I read someone say that we should rename schools uterus and then maybe Republicans would want to do something about the children dying in them.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-15-2018

He was at that McDonald's for 45 min imagine going to that place and thinking " that kid scarfing down a happy meal just killed a bunch of kids" Eh''''' I don't think so. I'm sure the stories will come out.

(02-15-2018, 08:17 PM)sally Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:46 PM)Duchess Wrote: I hope I never find myself in a similar situation in order to find out.[/i][/size]

Well your chances are increasing. Both you and I can obtain guns capable of taking out masses and walk into any crowded place and shoot it up, it wouldn't be that hard. Most people are sane, however, and wouldn't do that, but how many people are out there that would do it? Probably lots by now. The next one will come along shortly.

Probably in a gun free zone. These nutcases never pick a hard target.

(02-15-2018, 10:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: He was at that McDonald's for 45 min imagine going to that place and thinking " that kid scarfing down a happy meal just killed a bunch of kids" Eh''''' I don't think so. I'm sure the stories will come out.

Who are you talking about?

Cruz went to a nearby Wal-Mart, Subway and McDonald's following the shooting.

After that, as he was walking along the road, he was spotted by cop and arrested without incident.

(02-15-2018, 10:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 10:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: He was at that McDonald's for 45 min imagine going to that place and thinking " that kid scarfing down a happy meal just killed a bunch of kids" Eh''''' I don't think so. I'm sure the stories will come out.

Who are you talking about?

Cruz went to a nearby Wal-Mart, Subway and McDonald's following the shooting.

After that, as he was walking along the road, he was spotted by cop and arrested without incident.

The timeline shows he was in the Micky d's at around 3 and was apprehended around 3:50 I can only assume he sat in a booth and contemplated his actions.

(02-15-2018, 10:23 PM)Maggot Wrote: Probably in a gun free zone. These nutcases never pick a hard target.

That's bullshit Maggot. Bullshit pushed by gun zealots who claim that the answer to gun violence is more guns.

There are lots of shootings outside of gun-free zones. Check the facts.

And, of all the reasons mass shooters have given for doing what they did, I've never once read an account where even one of them said they chose a target because it was a gun-free zone.

Instead, the vast majority had a connection to the target they chose, gun-free zone or not.

I would think that a burglar would not pick a fully lighted house. A nutcase will pick a soft target. If schools were known to have security they would not be the first place a crazy person would pick. I don't understand your thinking. How many fire stations are shot up or even a Mall for that matter. Plenty of targets there but both are known to have good security. Calm down Perrywinkle.

I never said more guns are needed just better security. Every other part of society has realized this how come our most important asset is not in line with the program? Geez political pundits have all the security in the world but schools don't deserve the same scrutiny?

It's pitiful.

I'm calm already, Maggot. I'm simply telling you that you're spewing bullshit and making inapplicable comparisons.

Burglars aren't the same as mass shooters and don't share the same motives or target selection criteria, obviously.

Anyway, if you don't understand my thinking, that's fine. But, my comment to you was pretty clear and it in no way suggested that I don't support enhanced security (though that's not 'the' answer).

As I said, check the facts. You'll see that some of the workplace murders went down where there was armed security or armed people in the workplace. Police stations and military bases have been attacked; not exactly soft targets. There was armed security at the high school yesterday. There were armed students at the Oregon community college mass shooting (who wisely chose not to try to intervene for risk of getting shot by responding cops), etc...

Those are a few examples, factual examples, contradicting your claim that nutcases never choose hard targets.

Look at the words, writings, and histories of mass shooters in this country. With rare exceptions, the mass shooters chose targets to which they had a personal connection -- like they were bullied there, they were fired or kicked out there, they were done wrong there, they were heartbroken there, they hated people who were there...

I've never seen an account of an American mass shooter having chosen a target because of the gun policy surrounding it. Still, I often hear the Americans who immediately dive into defending/advocating guns after every mass shooting suggest that fewer gun-free zones is the answer because nutcases always look for soft targets (where there are no "good guys with guns" ready to save the day).

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-16-2018

(02-15-2018, 11:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: Calm down Perrywinkle.

Why do some men say this to perfectly calm women? I view it as being sexist and a way to demean the opinions of females.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-16-2018

I would say the same to any man, she just seamed upset that's all. Geez.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-16-2018

Many situations have been diffused by guards and armed citizens I imagine it would be tough to say what may have or could have happened if they were not stopped. Here is a link to a gun zealot web site.

crime prevention research

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 02-16-2018

By the way, after Newtown, one of the first things I suggested was having a police officer at every school.

Police officer, not a security guard.

It would be a huge deterrent, especially for these punk-ass loner, losers, who are pussies in real life.