Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Ski at 1SKY6 - 02-20-2018

Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder that is characterized by sudden, unwarranted episodes of anger. This disorder causes people to act in a hostile manner or impulsively participate in recurrent aggressive outbursts. People who suffer from IED have described feeling as though they have suddenly lost control of their emotions and become completely overwhelmed by feelings of extreme anger. Intermittent explosive disorder can cause people to attack objects, animals, and/or other people.

IED typically presents itself in the early teen years. Individuals are not given a diagnosis of intermittent explosive disorder unless they have displayed at least three episodes of unprovoked, impulsive aggressiveness that is considered to be grossly out of proportion to any pre-existing psychosocial stressors. People who suffer from IED report that, prior to their episode of acting out, they feel a sense of tension building up as a result of their rage. They state that, once they have acted out and the tension has been released, they start to experience feelings of embarrassment or remorse.

http://www.millcreekbehavioralhealth.com/behavioral-disorders/ied/symptoms-signs-causes[/b]

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 02-20-2018

(02-20-2018, 02:01 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder that is characterized by sudden, unwarranted episodes of anger. This disorder causes people to act in a hostile manner or impulsively participate in recurrent aggressive outbursts. People who suffer from IED have described feeling as though they have suddenly lost control of their emotions and become completely overwhelmed by feelings of extreme anger. Intermittent explosive disorder can cause people to attack objects, animals, and/or other people.

IED typically presents itself in the early teen years. Individuals are not given a diagnosis of intermittent explosive disorder unless they have displayed at least three episodes of unprovoked, impulsive aggressiveness that is considered to be grossly out of proportion to any pre-existing psychosocial stressors. People who suffer from IED report that, prior to their episode of acting out, they feel a sense of tension building up as a result of their rage. They state that, once they have acted out and the tension has been released, they start to experience feelings of embarrassment or remorse.

http://www.millcreekbehavioralhealth.com/behavioral-disorders/ied/symptoms-signs-causes[/b]
That doesn't really fit with the whole "Hi i'm Nick and I'm a school shooter" thing he had going.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/shooter-profile-invs/index.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-20-2018

Cruz was living with his friend's family at the time of the shooting. The parents have been interviewed and claim they knew nothing about Cruz's threats, the number of guns he had (now confirmed to be 10+), the fact that he could access the gun safe, his many previous interactions with police...

Everyone else seemed to know and raised red flags, but not Cruz's good friend and his family. I'd be surprised if investigators aren't digging deep to verify the parents' claims and ensure that their son doesn't know more than he's saying.

Still waiting for confirmation as to whether the armed school security guard (sheriff's deputy) was actually on campus or not when the mass shooting went down. LE needs to clear that up and cop to it if it was another dropping of the ball.

(02-20-2018, 10:09 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 02:01 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: Intermittent explosive disorder (IED) is an impulse-control disorder that is characterized by sudden, unwarranted episodes of anger. This disorder causes people to act in a hostile manner or impulsively participate in recurrent aggressive outbursts. People who suffer from IED have described feeling as though they have suddenly lost control of their emotions and become completely overwhelmed by feelings of extreme anger. Intermittent explosive disorder can cause people to attack objects, animals, and/or other people.

That doesn't really fit with the whole "Hi i'm Nick and I'm a school shooter" thing he had going.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/shooter-profile-invs/index.html

His ability to feel secure when he carried a gun and the anonymity he felt protected him when he would appear with his face covered making threats were his way of venting his tensions. The fact his lawyer reported she met a remorseful mixed up kid shows he had problems with impulse control. I think it fits into the diagnosis of explosive anger disorder.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 02-20-2018

Did I read that correctly, you personally know him?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 02-20-2018

I meant to quote the post you made on the other page.

(02-20-2018, 01:06 PM)sally Wrote: Did I read that correctly, you personally know him?

Sometimes I would strike up a conversation with him where he worked in Parkland. Other times he would initiate the conversation with me when I was checking out. He generally worked register 4 right by the door.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 02-20-2018

Ted Bundy has been described as a friendly and charming guy as well.

He was a monster too.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-20-2018

I've always thought that monsters should have to look like one. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 02-20-2018

That would make it easier. Sadly, not all of them do.

I think in a few of the pictures I've seen this particular monster looks like Jake Gyllenhaal.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 02-20-2018

(02-20-2018, 04:20 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That would make it easier. Sadly, not all of them do.

I think in a few of the pictures I've seen this particular monster looks like Jake Gyllenhaal.

I guess Ski was the only person that knew him that couldn’t see this coming a mile away.

(02-20-2018, 04:20 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That would make it easier. Sadly, not all of them do.

I was thinking he looked more like the product of Gollum had sex with Topher Grace.hah

(02-20-2018, 04:27 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

I guess Ski was the only person that knew him that couldn’t see this coming a mile away.
Not really. Its true I did not see his rage side. The people who gave him his own room in their home and a place to store his 10+ guns swear they had no inkling of his propensity to kill. I don't usually play "Spot the Luni" but I am aware more now of their presence.

hah "spot the luni". Ahahahaha! I LOVE that!

Such a brave kid, so deserving of this honor.

The U.S. Military Academy at West Point is posthumously admitting Florida school shooting victim Peter Wang, who dreamed of attending the prestigious academy.

Wang could have been in the Class of 2025. The 15-year-old’s funeral is today.

West Point conferred a letter of admission, along with honorarium tokens, to his family, local West Point alumnus Chad Maxey said.

Wang died in his JROTC uniform on Wednesday, holding the door open to allow others to escape, as gunman Nikolas Cruz shot and killed 17 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, authorities and witnesses said.

One of West Point’s priorities is to develop leaders committed to duty, honor and country, and Wang's actions the day of the shooting exemplify those principles, West Point said in a tweet Tuesday.

Story

(02-20-2018, 06:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Such a brave kid, so deserving of this honor.

The U.S. Military Academy at West Point is posthumously admitting Florida school shooting victim Peter Wang, who dreamed of attending the prestigious academy.

Wang could have been in the Class of 2025. The 15-year-old’s funeral is today.

West Point conferred a letter of admission, along with honorarium tokens, to his family, local West Point alumnus Chad Maxey said.

Wang died in his JROTC uniform on Wednesday, holding the door open to allow others to escape, as gunman Nikolas Cruz shot and killed 17 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, authorities and witnesses said.

One of West Point’s priorities is to develop leaders committed to duty, honor and country, and Wang's actions the day of the shooting exemplify those principles, West Point said in a tweet Tuesday.

Story
That's awesome.

(02-20-2018, 06:03 PM)Duchess Wrote: Such a brave kid, so deserving of this honor.

Very deserving.

[Image: fl-florida-school-shooting-peter-wang-obit-20180215]
^ Peter Wang is a hero, for sure. Rest in Peace.

Another brave student got shot five times while helping to keep others safe.

He was badly injured, but is now in stable condition after several surgeries.

[Image: anthony-borges__19237_100x100.png]
His name is Anthony Borges ^ and he's 15-years-old.

Story: http://people.com/crime/heroic-15-yr-old-shot-5-times-saving-20-students/

Meanwhile............. Donald Trump Jr. is busy liking and sharing posts which disparage some of the more vocal victims and accuses them of being crisis actors who are part of a liberal hoax or plant.

He, and everyone else who buys into any of the batshit bullshit that Alex Jones and the other nutter conspiracy theorists spew, are tools and fools. Targeting victims and family members who've lost their innocent children to gun violence is vile.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 02-20-2018

I thought they may award a posthumous CMH or Silver Star for his actions.