Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-21-2018

(02-20-2018, 07:15 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: He, and everyone else who buys into any of the batshit bullshit that Alex Jones and the other nutter conspiracy theorists spew, are tools and fools. Targeting victims and family members who've lost their innocent children to gun violence is vile.

Some of those who believe it are the same people who believe Hillary was running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor. They all need to be locked up in a fricken psycho ward.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 02-21-2018

This isn't about politics anymore. It's about the safety of our children. The left and the right need to put their dicks away and do something instead of offering thoughts and prayers.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Ski at 1SKY6 - 02-21-2018

Broward County has submitted a request to replace his public defenders with private paid defenders. He can afford to pay for his own defense. 800,000.00 is coming to him for the death of his mother and at least another 300,000.00 for the sale of her home.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-21-2018

His lawyers will charge 1,100.000

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Ski at 1SKY6 - 02-21-2018

The boys should split the money. His brother needs it too.

Better yet. A lawyer representing the 17 victim's families should request it be held in compensation for them.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/school-shooters-brother-committed-to-mental-facility/

Authorities removed someone Friday from the home of Rocxanne Deschamps, a longtime family friend of the Cruz brothers who took them in after their adoptive mother died of pneumonia in November, The Palm Beach Post reported.

A friend of Deschamps confirmed Zachary Cruz, who turns 18 next week, was the person removed from the home.

The younger Cruz brother was involuntarily committed under Florida’s Baker Act, under which he can be held involuntarily for up to 12 hours for an involuntary psychiatric exam. It’s unclear if he’s been released.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-22-2018

I bet some changes come from this shooting many teachers are asking to be able to bring their weapons to school and be designated gun carriers. I think for the immediate future this and more security in schools would be the way to go. A few other checks and balances should be used and the laws already on the books should be enforced better.
Jimmy Carter created the Dept of education in 1980 and they don't seem to be involved in any of this although they really should be. I don't even know what the hell they do anymore. The U.S. has gone from #2 to #17 in quality ever since they became involved.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 12:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: I bet some changes come from this shooting many teachers are asking to be able to bring their weapons to school and be designated gun carriers. I think for the immediate future this and more security in schools would be the way to go.

I don't think that's the answer either. For example, Ronald Reagan was surrounded by armed Secret Service when he was shot & nearly killed.

...and if teachers are armed then that means there will be shootouts. In school.

The only answer Dems want to hear is to take away all guns. They don't want the schools protected like they are.

(02-22-2018, 01:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: The only answer Dems want to hear is to take away all guns. They don't want the schools protected like they are.

I haven't heard anything at all like that but I think you & I watch different news broadcasts.

It's just what I've perceived. immediate solutions would be to protect the schools better than they are now. Future solutions would be enforcing the gun laws today and putting schools first. Politicians are playing hot potato now and the only reason is to be perceived as the right path to their voters. Greed is their number one priority. If airports, national monuments, malls can be secured schools can and Dems don't want to hear about guards, detectors or gun savy teachers. They want bills in their pockets taking away guns from lawful citizens so they can say look what I did. Pubs don't want any new laws on guns that infuriate their base so it's a matter of protecting schools now not a year from now. Screw the politicians give city's and towns the ability to protect their own children.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 12:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 12:28 PM)Maggot Wrote: I bet some changes come from this shooting many teachers are asking to be able to bring their weapons to school and be designated gun carriers. I think for the immediate future this and more security in schools would be the way to go.

I don't think that's the answer either. For example, Ronald Reagan was surrounded by armed Secret Service when he was shot & nearly killed.

...and if teachers are armed then that means there will be shootouts. In school.

I don't think any teacher who wants to go to school armed now should be allowed to, nor should they be required to. But I'm not against a few select volunteer teachers carrying at the schools who have experience with guns, gone through a training program with the police department for example and have had background checks.

I screwed that quote up.

I don't know what the answer is. Pulse nightclub had at least one armed guard who engaged the shooter but the guy still went on to kill several people, there are more examples but I'm not going to harp on it, everyone has heard the stories. Many schools have taken steps to lockdown their buildings during the day but that wouldn't keep someone from shooting their way in, however, it would slow them down.

I'd be a very scared parent if I had to worry about shooters every time I sent my kid out the door in the morning. Whatta sucky way to live.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 01:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 01:15 PM)Maggot Wrote: The only answer Dems want to hear is to take away all guns. They don't want the schools protected like they are.

I haven't heard anything at all like that but I think you & I watch different news broadcasts.

Of course you haven't heard that because you don't want to, however that IS the goal of the left.

The securing of our school is something that is imminently doable, does not require the govt step in, doesn't take anyone's rights and requires no new laws:
Locked Doors
Bullet Proof Glass
Metal Detectors
Armed Guards
Backpack Searches, All of them
Random Locker Searches
Trained Staff
Lockdown Plan, an effective one
Drills

This could start happening today

All of that is within the responsibility of the local school boards, members voted in by the public

(02-22-2018, 03:13 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Of course you haven't heard that because you don't want to, however that IS the goal of the left.

Alrighty, how about you show me some places where that's being said so I can see too. Thanks!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-22-2018

^ I don't think that's as easy as you and Maggot contend, Six. I don't necessarily object, but just think people need to consider it realistically.

The Florida Parkside community is more well off than most financially and the school was considered very well prepared.

The Stoneman Douglas campus did have regular drills, locks (that's why some teachers and students died re-opening and holding doors for kids stuck in the hallways), fences with one entry point, trained staff, and an armed security guard from the sheriff's department. Sheriff Israel confirmed yesterday that his guard was in fact on campus, but did not encounter the shooter.

I still don't know why the armed guard never encountered Cruz when the two unarmed teachers who served as resource officers did encounter him. In any case, the Sheriff also said there will be more armed police at the school moving forward and they will be carrying semi-automatic rifles, not handguns.

Anyway, you have to lock and unlock the doors at some point so people can enter in the morning and leave in the afternoon. The idea of someone waiting outside the school for all the kids to start pouring out at the end of the day and picking them off with a semi-automatic is awful, but it could certainly happen even if a shooter didn't infiltrate the school.

Financially..........a lot of schools barely have enough budget to pay teachers and teach kids properly as it is and, sadly, it's not the highest priority of the states or the fed. And, kids in a poor rural Mississippi high school shouldn't be less protected than kids attending school in a Florida suburb, in my opinion.

So, if turning schools into high security armed facilities is one part of the solution, it might need to be handled (at least partially) at the federal level to ensure consistency and funding. However, the country is already in major debt so it would take a real change in priorities regarding how taxes are spent. Maybe it could be tied into the national infrastructure rebuilding proposal and funding?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 03:13 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 01:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Of course you haven't heard that because you don't want to, however that IS the goal of the left.

The securing of our school is something that is imminently doable, does not require the govt step in, doesn't take anyone's rights and requires no new laws:
Locked Doors
Bullet Proof Glass
Metal Detectors
Armed Guards
Backpack Searches, All of them
Random Locker Searches
Trained Staff
Lockdown Plan, an effective one
Drills

This could start happening today

All of that is within the responsibility of the local school boards, members voted in by the public
And not even the expensive ones. The wands work just fine. See upthread what I have to go through just to see a fucking concert.

(02-22-2018, 02:54 PM)sally Wrote: I screwed that quote up.

Come sit on my lap and tell me what you were going to say..........I have lolipops!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-22-2018

From the get-go.....something seemed to be withheld or brushed over, to me, regarding the presence of the armed security guard/deputy at the Stoneman Douglas school.

It's been nagging at me..... until a few minutes ago when Broward County Sheriff Israel announced that his school guard/deputy has chosen to resign (he'd been suspended without pay and put under investigation yesterday).

Deputy Scot Peterson resigned after it was uncovered that he was in a position to go in and respond when the active shooter code red was activated, but he chose not to do so. Peterson instead chose to stay put and do nothing.

Another detail that was revealed today: one of the reasons that Cruz was able to mosey on down to the Walmart, Subway and McDonalds after his murderous rampage is because the cops thought he was still on campus.

Responding officers thought Cruz was still on campus because they immediately accessed the school's surveillance video and thought they were watching it real-time. They spotted the shooter and went about pursuing him. BUT, the surveillance footage they were monitoring was actually on 20 minute delay and Cruz had long since left the scene.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. That's why I asked about there being a cop there while he was able to kill 17 people. I thought that's what I heard, but if that was the case then where the hell was he.