Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-22-2018

(02-22-2018, 07:04 PM)sally Wrote: Yeah I was wondering about that too. That's why I asked about there being a cop there while he was able to kill 17 people. I thought that's what I heard, but if that was the case then where the hell was he.

Here's what was released today:

Despite being armed, video showed Deputy Peterson taking up a position outside the west side of the freshman building where the shootings occurred and remained there during the incident.

"Never went in," said Sheriff Israel about the actions of Deputy Scot Peterson. The sheriff said Peterson remained outside for at least four minutes during the six minutes Nikolas Cruz opened fire inside the school.

"Devastated, sick to my stomach, there are no words." Israel said to describe his feelings when he learned Peterson did not enter the building.

According to Israel, action was taken against Peterson following interviews with witnesses and reviewing video of the shootings. Peterson had been the Douglas school resource officer since 2009 and was named resource officer of the year for the Parkland district in 2014.

Two other BSO resource officers, Edward Eason and Guntis Treijs, have been placed on administrative duties pending further investigation. Both officers were involved in 23 calls for service at Cruz's home and may not have followed protocol.

Full story: https://www.local10.com/news/stoneman-douglas-bso-resource-officer-did-not-enter-school-during-shootings

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 02-22-2018

Well folks, that’s about as bad as it gets.

Unarmed students and teachers gave their lives, while a deputy essentially chickened out (if I’m understanding correctly).

This whole incident was a complete travesty and was avoidable.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-22-2018

Jesus Christ

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 02-22-2018

That did not add up to me at all so I thought that a cop present there must have been a false report. Even if it was a huge school and the deputy was all the way on the other side how did he manage to not only kill 17 people, but escape and dick around at McDonalds.

Fucking ridiculous.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-25-2018

(02-22-2018, 08:34 PM)sally Wrote: That did not add up to me at all so I thought that a cop present there must have been a false report. Even if it was a huge school and the deputy was all the way on the other side how did he manage to not only kill 17 people, but escape and dick around at McDonalds.

Fucking ridiculous.

It might be even more ridiculous than originally thought.

According to the Coral Springs cops who showed up and rushed in, there were three Broward County deputies outside the building who responded to Peterson's call for back up quickly. None of them ever went in.

The two responding Coral Springs cops thought the shooter was still active when they entered the building to confront him (due to the video delay). But, Cruz had already blended in with fleeing students and was on his way to grab a bite to eat.

One of the Coral Springs officers, Jeff Heinrich, was off-duty and had a wife and child at the school (they were both okay).

[Image: g82931a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1]
^ Coral Springs Police Department officers Chris Crawford (L) and Sgt. Jeff Heinrich (R ) recently recounted their heroics during a news conference.

The two CS officers, one an ex-Marine, treated wounded children and coaxed others out of classroom closets when they'd determined the coast was clear.

(continued)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 02-25-2018

Broward County Sheriff Israel is an elected politician as well as a lawman. I don't think he's handling the situation well, though I'm not sure what the appropriate response to such incompetence would look like.

Some of the students and teachers seem sympathetic to the deputies not rushing in to confront a madman with an AR15 when they only had handguns.

However, some of the parents are pissed, and I don't blame them. Experts who I've seen interviewed have all confirmed that active shooter training dictates that officers should always confront the shooter in order to distract him/her and hopefully stop the shooter and minimize fatalities.

Broward County deputies failed terribly in their duties, based on what's known to the public. Some are calling for Sheriff Israel's resignation.

I'm not trying to pile on LE. The massive LE failure is just a fact that needs to be acknowledged and seriously addressed so it doesn't happen again, anywhere.

Refs:
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Coral-Springs-First-Responders-Emotionally-Recount-Parkland-School-Tragedy-474962273.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-25-2018

How does a law enforcement officer stay outside while murder is being committed and they know it! Do something! I view them as cowards now.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 02-25-2018

I’d be interested to hear LC’s reaction to this if she were here.

Would she understand the officers staying outside or would she be shocked and appalled that they didn’t go in?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-25-2018

I think she'd be appalled, particularly because the victims were kids.

I can't recall what she said about the cops remaining outside of Dr. Petit's home while his family was being murdered.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 02-26-2018

Jesus Christ, this guy is an absolute dumpster fire on a flatbed train that is crashing.

Sheriff Israel, Broward County Sheriff: “I gave him a gun. I gave him a badge. I gave him the training. If he didn’t have the heart to go in, that’s not my responsibility.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/25/sheriff-israel-not-my-responsibility-video/

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Love Child - 02-27-2018

oh ffs manage people. I could never get away with saying that sort of thing.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-27-2018

(02-26-2018, 12:41 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Sheriff Israel, Broward County Sheriff

I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his job. I'm not normally a fan of someone losing their position because of what an underling does, or doesn't do.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 02:54 AM)Love Child Wrote: oh ffs manage people. I could never get away with saying that sort of thing.
Me neither. And most times when someone says "not my job" it's absolutely their job.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 06:26 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his job. I'm not normally a fan of someone losing their position because of what an underling does, or doesn't do.

I wouldn't be either. He's beginning to be exposed for what he is: an elected politician who's spinning in crisis mode to try and save his ass.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 02-27-2018

He needs to go, there is a lot more going on other than just this bunch of fucked up deputies as bad as that is.
There are rumors and some proof that the school system and sheriffs depts in Broward and Dade have been colluding to hide crime numbers, stats and crimes themselves in order to improve the crime stats in the schools down there. May have had something to do with the other 2 deputies not reporting or following up on what was clearly evidence of a viable threat.
Clean house and get some new blood in there.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-28-2018

I wonder how much the Deputy gave the Sheriff for a campaign contribution.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-02-2018

Central Michigan University Shooting - Two Fatalities

The sprawling Central Michigan University campus was on lockdown Friday after two people were killed and police were hunting for an "armed and dangerous" gunman, university police confirmed.

[Image: james-eric-davis-jr-michigan.jpg]

Neither of the victims found dead at Campbell Hall were students and police identified the "person of interest" as 19-year-old James Eric Davis (pictured above), who appears to be enrolled at the school.

"We believe this situation was a domestic type incident," said Lt. Larry Klaus of the CMU campus police. "He was last seen running in a northbound direction."

"We believe the subject is in the city limits now," added Officer Jeff Brown of the Mount Pleasant police department.

Klaus did not say what sparked the shooting, but said police had contact with Davis overnight for a drug-related incident of some kind..

At around 8:30 am CT today gunfire erupted on the fourth floor of the dorm, police said.

The CMU student government sent a tweet urging students to "stay inside and lock your doors." Parents were urged to stay away from the campus and not try to pick up their children.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-02-2018

^ Update:

It has been confirmed that the two fatally shot were the parents of the shooter, James Davis Jr., a sophomore attending CMU. Davis is not from Michigan, his family is from Chicago.

James Eric Davis Sr. was a part-time police officer for the Village of Bellwood outside Chicago.

The police have released a photo of Davis and ask for help from the public. If you see him or know his whereabouts, please call 9-1-1.

Michigan State Police have lent their helicopter, K9 units, and other emergency resources to CMU P.D. to help locate the shooter.

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Shots-fired-on-CMUs-campus-475657073.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-03-2018

Suspect in CMU Double Murder Arrested

LE held a press conference and announced that the Central Michigan University shooter was apprehended this morning. He was taken into custody after a nearly 24-hour manhunt.

100 police officers were searching for suspect James Eric Davis Jr after he shot his parents in a dorm room yesterday morning and fled on foot.

He was located only about a mile from campus after someone on a train spotted him near the tracks and alerted LE. It's not clear yet if he was there the whole time and police somehow missed him.

Police say Davis Jr had contact them with them the night before when he claimed someone who he'd ridden in an elevator with on campus was a threat to his life and wanted to kill him, but couldn't tell them why and wasn't making much sense.

Police visited the male named as a threat by Davis Jr. and determined he was no threat to Davis Jr or anyone else. Surveillance showed the two together in the elevator; laughing and comfortable.

Police took Davis Jr. to a local hospital for evaluation. They believed his strange behavior might be due to drugs. The hospital released Davis Jr. the next morning, Friday.

Police checked on him and Davis Jr. said that he was fine. They called his parents who were concerned and said they were on their way to pick up their son and take him home to Illinois for Spring Break.

(continued)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-03-2018

[Image: eric-and-diva-davis-e1520047194139.png?w=420&h=404]
When the parents ^, James Eric Davis Sr and Diva Davis, showed up on campus, Davis Jr. somehow had possession of his father's police-issued hand gun and shot them to death. RIP.

The Davis's have two other children. Everyone who knew them personally and has commented publicly says they were outstanding parents and people and that Jr was a good kid.

Sr was a National Guard veteran as well as a police officer and military recruiter.

Sounds to me like Jr had a psychotic break and was suffering from paranoid delusions. Maybe drugs, maybe undiagnosed mental illness.