Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 03-20-2018

So glad this officer reacted immediately to the shooter.

It makes me feel good when I see a squad car parked at a school because I know it’s a strong deterrent to anyone who would think of shooting it up.

On the other hand, if an officer fails to engage it really doesn’t matter.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 03-20-2018

It's a start at least.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 04:17 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: So glad this officer reacted immediately to the shooter.

It makes me feel good when I see a squad car parked at a school because I know it’s a strong deterrent to anyone who would think of shooting it up.

On the other hand, if an officer fails to engage it really doesn’t matter.

It's encouraging seeing cops do their jobs and follow the active shooter protocols.

I'd like to think Gaskill would have done the same even if Rollins had been armed with a semi-automatic rifle instead of a handgun.

Gaskill deserves the credit he's receiving based on what's known now, whether he shot Rollins or Rollins shot himself.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 04:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'd like to think Gaskill would have done the same even if Rollins had been armed with a semi-automatic rifle instead of a handgun.

I didn't even consider that aspect! Hmmmm. Makes me think.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 05:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 04:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'd like to think Gaskill would have done the same even if Rollins had been armed with a semi-automatic rifle instead of a handgun.

I didn't even consider that aspect! Hmmmm. Makes me think.

I don’t think he would’ve hesitated if it would’ve been a bigger gun.

History is full of people that have disregarded danger and done heroic things.

In the Florida shooting, a coach shielded students from the shooter and a student gave his life for his classmates.

Neither had a gun but were compelled to do what they did.

Completely selfless.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 05:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Completely selfless.

For sure. True heroes.

(03-15-2018, 11:34 AM)sally Wrote: She even looks like an evil little shit.

She really does.

Nikolas Cruz's brother looks like a typical teen, to me.

I just read he's now in police custody.

[Image: 4A616B2E00000578-0-image-a-32_1521573524254.jpg]

Zachary Cruz (left), 18, was arrested at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland on Monday afternoon and charged with trespassing on school grounds.

His 19-year-old brother is charged with going on a murderous shooting rampage at the same school back on February 14.

Zachary was recorded by security cameras riding his skateboard at the school around 4.30pm though he had allegedly received prior warnings from school officials to stay away from the campus.

His bond was set at an unusually high $500,000 when he faced court on Tuesday. He is now being held in the same Fort Lauderdale jail where his brother is being held.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5524249/Teen-brother-Florida-shooter-Nikolas-Cruz-fronts-court.html

^ Prosecutors said it was the third time Zachary Cruz had visited the campus even though he was warned to stay away.

He said he went to the school to 'reflect on the school shooting and soak it all in'.

Court heard he visited his brother in jail after the shooting and they spoke of setting up a fan club for the gunman.
<-- that's pretty disturbing.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-22-2018

Follow-up to Posts 1616 - 1626: Maryland High School Shooting

[Image: 4A70060B00000578-0-image-m-6_1521725668105.jpg]

LE is reportedly still not sure whether the 17-year-old shooter (bottom left) killed himself or was killed by a bullet fired by Office Gaskill.

They have confirmed that the shooting was not a random act of violence and that the shooter had recently broken up with the female victim, 16-year-old Jaelynn Willey (top). Willey is still in critical condition, fighting for her life in the hospital.

The other shooting victim, 14-year-old Desmond Barnes (bottom right), was shot in the thigh. Fortunately, he's recovering and has been released from the hospital.

The Glock handgun used in the shooting was legally owned by the shooter's father.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5530089/Police-Maryland-school-shooter-apparently-lovesick-teen.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 03-22-2018

And the shooters father goes to prison.

If we’re not going to have restrictions on any gun laws, then let’s hold the gun owner as responsible as those that fired the weapon.

We’d see a ton of these types of shootings go down, no doubt about that all.

(03-22-2018, 11:59 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: If we’re not going to have restrictions on any gun laws, then let’s hold the gun owner as responsible as those that fired the weapon.

I wish that were true, but doubt that it is.

Even in states with laws about locking up guns, the gun-owners are very rarely prosecuted when a family member gets a hold of one and uses it to shoot others.

The gun owners can always claim that they locked it up and weren't aware that the offender could access it. If LE can't prove negligence or intent, no case.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 11:59 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: If we’re not going to have restrictions on any gun laws, then let’s hold the gun owner as responsible as those that fired the weapon.

Your state Republicans just defeated bills to require background checks for private sales. I don't think they care about you and your loved ones, MS.

(03-22-2018, 12:38 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

I wish that were true, but doubt that it is.

Even in states with laws about locking up guns, the gun-owners are very rarely prosecuted when a family member gets a hold of one and uses it to shoot others.

The gun owners can always claim that they locked it up and weren't aware that the offender could access it. If LE can't prove negligence or intent, no case.

I’m not talking about anything currently on the books.

A brand new piece of legislation that says, “Gun Owner is responsible for this gun’s actions. Period.”

Obviously if the gun is stolen from gun owner and is used by someone he/she clearly did not know, then they won’t be prosecuted.

No, this would be meant for family members/friends that use gun owner’s gun to shoot somebody.

In this most recent case, teenager knows where dad keeps gun, either takes it because it isn’t secure or knows where the key is... doesn’t matter.

This would make people think twice about having firearms around if there are unstable people in the household.

And I’m not disregarding the tremendous amount of crazy people that can legally purchase firearms, and how that is by far the bigger issue.

However, legislation is almost impossible to pass, and, if my idea ever did see a vote it would no doubt be shot (lol) down.

Which brings us back to where we are and where we’ll always be.

Hoping to not be the victim of random gun violence.

(03-22-2018, 12:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Your state Republicans just defeated bills to require background checks for private sales. I don't think they care about you and your loved ones, MS.

Of course they don’t.

However, I’ve never contended they did.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 12:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: However, I’ve never contended they did.

I know you haven't, honey, that's just always my first thought when I read that kind of thing, they don't really care about us.

(03-22-2018, 12:51 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I’m not talking about anything currently on the books.

A brand new piece of legislation that says, “Gun Owner is responsible for this gun’s actions. Period.”

Obviously if the gun is stolen from gun owner and is used by someone he/she clearly did not know, then they won’t be prosecuted.

No, this would be meant for family members/friends that use gun owner’s gun to shoot somebody.

In this most recent case, teenager knows where dad keeps gun, either takes it because it isn’t secure or knows where the key is... doesn’t matter.

This would make people think twice about having firearms around if there are unstable people in the household.

I understand MS.

Even if Congress or the President was more inclined to pass new gun laws, I wouldn't support the one you propose and don't think it would pass Constitutional muster.

Being a qualified gun-owner with a legally-purchased gun in the home is not a crime; it's a constitutional right.

I don't think prosecution without probable cause (= evidence of negligence or intent to permit illegal possession of the gun to another) is a good idea at all.

But, even if it was constitutional and had the potential to get passed......... I disagree that such a law would deter people with other family members in the house from keeping guns and significantly decrease gun violence.

I'm not saying you're wrong; it might work. I just don't think so.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-23-2018

(03-22-2018, 11:39 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Follow-up to Posts 1616 - 1626: Maryland High School Shooting

[Image: 4A70060B00000578-0-image-m-6_1521725668105.jpg]

16-year-old Jaelynn Willey (top). Willey is still in critical condition, fighting for her life in the hospital.

Her parents removed her from life support last night and she has died :(

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 03-23-2018

Very sad news. Rest in peace Jaelynn Willey.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 11:47 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Very sad news. Rest in peace Jaelynn Willey.

I was just listening to a host on MSNBC who named every kid killed this year. He spoke their name, showed their pictures and made comments about every single kid. It made me feel weepy & angry, sad mad!