Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 04-04-2018

The YouTube shooter has been identified.

[Image: ncn5QJQgg5DdTXJM?format=jpg&name=small]

She was 39-year-old Nasim Aghdam from San Diego.

Police are no longer certain that she was the girlfriend of the male victim. Instead, they now believe it's likely that there was no connection between the shooter and the YouTube employees she shot.

Aghdam, an animal rights activist and exercise buff, reportedly hated YouTube and had been ranting on-line about how new dictatorial employees at YouTube had filtered her video content and denied her advertiser sponsors, which drastically reduced the number of her YouTube video views.

Her family reported her missing on Monday and her father says he even told police that he was worried she was headed for YouTube HQ because "she hated YouTube". Police later called the family to tell them she was located sleeping in her car.

A press conference will be held at 9am PT.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43638221

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 04-04-2018

No my client the art gallery owner called me a substantial person, pretty sure he meant fat.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 04-04-2018

(04-04-2018, 10:08 AM)BigMark Wrote: No my client the art gallery owner called me a substantial person, pretty sure he meant fat.
hahhahhah

(04-04-2018, 09:49 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The YouTube shooter has been identified.

[Image: ncn5QJQgg5DdTXJM?format=jpg&name=small]

She was 39-year-old Nasim Aghdam from San Diego.

Police are no longer certain that she was the girlfriend of the male victim. Instead, they now believe it's likely that there was no connection between the shooter and the YouTube employees she shot.

Aghdam, an animal rights activist and exercise buff, reportedly hated YouTube and had been ranting on-line about how new dictatorial employees at YouTube had filtered her video content and denied her advertiser sponsors, which drastically reduced the number of her YouTube video views.

Her family reported her missing on Monday and her father says he even told police that he was worried she was headed for YouTube HQ because "she hated YouTube". Police later called the family to tell them she was located sleeping in her car.

A press conference will be held at 9am PT.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43638221
So LE made contact with her before the shooting? "Sleeping in her car?" What's wrong with this picture folks?

Nice rack!

Grand Tetons!

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 04-04-2018

I bet I know where she hid the gun.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 04-04-2018

I believe that's a prosthetic. What an oddball.

Which leg?

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 04-04-2018

The head.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 04-04-2018

The YouTube shooter was one very odd lady.

LE confirmed today that their initial belief that the shooting was a 'domestic incident' was not accurate. She did not know any of the YouTube employees she shot. The female victims have been released from the hospital. It appears the male victim is still hospitalized.

The shooter's motive was likely her anger at YouTube policies which cost her the previous income she'd been generating from her videos.

After being located by police while sleeping in her vehicle in Mountain View and removed from the missing persons list, she went to a shooting range near the YouTube complex and practiced firing. She then gained access to the YouTube complex through a parking lot.

The police who located her sleeping in her car said they did not have the information which the shooter's father claims he passed on when he filed the missing persons report and again when police called to tell him that she was fine. Her father says he told them specifically that she hated YouTube and might be on her way there. The officers reported that she was calm and told them she left home because of family problems and was looking for work in Northern California.

Her family, who legally migrated from Iran in the late 90s, claims they did not know she'd legally acquired a gun. Since it's not illegal to sleep in your car, pull a runner on your family, or hate YouTube......I don't know if there's much police could have done even if the father is telling the truth. Maybe they would have looked further into her story if they knew she possessed a gun. But it's not clear if she even had a gun then. The news reporting leads me to believe she may have bought it at a gun store next to the shooting range shortly before the shootings.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5577873/YouTube-shooter-angry-lack-free-speech-US.html

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 04-05-2018

I thought there was a waiting period for buying guns! I seriously thought that was one of the things gun buyers hated, the dreaded waiting period, because really, any pissed off person should be able to go buy a gun in the heat of anger. Jesus Christ.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Blindgreed1 - 04-05-2018

(04-05-2018, 04:31 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I thought there was a waiting period for buying guns! I seriously thought that was one of the things gun buyers hated, the dreaded waiting period, because really, any pissed off person should be able to go buy a gun in the heat of anger. Jesus Christ.
What makes you think there isn't a waiting period? Depending on the state, the waiting period is usually between 2-7 days, in California it's 10 days.

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - F.U. - 04-05-2018

(04-05-2018, 08:53 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

What makes you think there isn't a waiting period? Depending on the state, the waiting period is usually between 2-7 days, in California it's 10 days.

True and false BG. While some states, like Ill & Ca do have waiting periods, others like Ia, where I live, does not. Because I hold a Permit to carry dangerous weapons I can legally purchase a firearm without a waiting period or background check. Actually, because I have filled out the 4473 so many times I can be out the door in about 5 minutes, gun in hand.

You are correct when you say that the laws vary state to state. That is one reason why I say the system needs flushed and a new system built. I really believe it should be a standard set of rules, for both purchase and carry, across the nation, just like a drivers license.

I really don't like Wikipedia, but in this instance I will use them because I feel its the easiest to read. For anyone that wants to see how much of a mess the laws are, state to state, scroll down and look at the differences in the state laws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

(04-05-2018, 09:21 AM)F.U. Wrote:

True and false BG. While some states, like Ill & Ca do have waiting periods, others like Ia, where I live, does not. Because I hold a Permit to carry dangerous weapons I can legally purchase a firearm without a waiting period or background check. Actually, because I have filled out the 4473 so many times I can be out the door in about 5 minutes, gun in hand.

You are correct when you say that the laws vary state to state. That is one reason why I say the system needs flushed and a new system built. I really believe it should be a standard set of rules, for both purchase and carry, across the nation, just like a drivers license.

I really don't like Wikipedia, but in this instance I will use them because I feel its the easiest to read. For anyone that wants to see how much of a mess the laws are, state to state, scroll down and look at the differences in the state laws.

In California, where it's REALLY hard to get a firearm, the waiting period is 10 days. She was in California. So help me out with this one F.U., how was this mentally unstable woman able to get a pistol in one of the hardest states to purchase one and commit this horrible crime? Hmmm... Gun reform you say? Nuff said.

(04-05-2018, 09:44 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

In California, where it's REALLY hard to get a firearm, the waiting period is 10 days. She was in California. So help me out with this one F.U., how was this mentally unstable woman able to get a pistol in one of the hardest states to purchase one and commit this horrible crime? Hmmm... Gun reform you say? Nuff said.

I agree, I am really surprised that this one got through the cracks living in Banafornia. I haven't ben watching this situation so I too am interested in hearing how this happened.

ETA . . . If she was otherwise legal to purchase a handgun and her mental state was the only thing that would have restricted her, I can see how she purchased one. Until the mental health system and the N.I.C.S. system get linked this is going to be a possibility.

ETA2 ... My original post was aimed more towards Duchess statement about waiting periods.

(04-05-2018, 09:58 AM)F.U. Wrote:
(04-05-2018, 09:44 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

I agree, I am really surprised that this one got through the cracks living in Banafornia. I haven't ben watching this situation so I too am interested in hearing how this happened.

ETA . . . If she was otherwise legal to purchase a handgun and her mental state was the only thing that would have restricted her, I can see how she purchased one. Until the mental health system and the N.I.C.S. system get linked this is going to be a possibility.
Watch how quickly mainstream media buries this one. I'm betting in a week you won't hear a peep about it.

I hardly knew it occurred. Initially the media covered the situation, but soon lost interest as the details came out.

I myself was guilty of assuming the situation as the news first broke. I assumed it was a pissed off gun lover that was mad at utube over their recent decision to ban some firearm related videos. I should have never made that assumption, bad me.

(04-05-2018, 10:14 AM)F.U. Wrote: I hardly knew it occurred. Initially the media covered the situation, but soon lost interest as the details came out.

I myself was guilty of assuming the situation as the news first broke. I assumed it was a pissed off gun lover that was mad at utube over their recent decision to ban some firearm related videos. I should have never made that assumption, bad me.
She was a Muslim, Vegan, Animal Rights activist. Liberal trifecta hah

RE: ANOTHER PUBLIC SHOOTING - Jimbone - 04-05-2018

The police have said she purchased the gun legally and it was registered to her. That would indicate they have found all the laws in California were followed.

If the waiting period was violated I don't think they would have said she bought it legally. Just my opinion though.

From the California office of the Attorney General:

Generally, all firearms purchases and transfers, including private party transactions and sales at gun shows, must be made through a California licensed dealer under the Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS) process. California law imposes a 10-day waiting period before a firearm can be released to a purchaser or transferee. A person must be at least 18 years of age to purchase a rifle or shotgun. To purchase a handgun, a person must be at least 21 years of age. As part of the DROS process, the purchaser must present "clear evidence of identity and age" which is defined as a valid, non-expired California Driver's License or Identification Card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). A military identification accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California is also acceptable.

If the purchaser is not a U.S. Citizen, then he or she is required to demonstrate that he or she is legally within the United States by providing the firearms dealer with documentation containing his/her Alien Registration Number or I-94 Number.

Purchasers of handguns must provide proof of California residency, such as a utility bill, residential lease, property deed, or government-issued identification (other than a drivers license or other DMV-issued identification), and either (1) possess a Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) plus successfully complete a safety demonstration with their recently purchased handgun or (2) qualify for an HSC exemption.

(Pen. Code, § § 26800-26850.)