Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Love Child - 10-27-2018

But an armed guard at the church would have or could have saved people, supposedly.

I am going to church tomorrow, should I bring a rifle? A hand gun? Or should I just tithe a little bit extra to support hiring a guard to keep us safe?

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 10-27-2018

Yes.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-27-2018

(10-27-2018, 06:45 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Yeah, excellent point.  Even white, I can't believe they didn't shoot him.

The latest news indicates that the killer was shot multiple times during his exchange with police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/10/27/pittsburgh-police-responding-active-shooting-squirrel-hill-area/?utm_term=.1804740eab1b

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Rootilda - 10-27-2018

(10-27-2018, 09:31 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 06:45 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Yeah, excellent point.  Even white, I can't believe they didn't shoot him.

The latest news indicates that the killer was shot multiple times during his exchange with police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/10/27/pittsburgh-police-responding-active-shooting-squirrel-hill-area/?utm_term=.1804740eab1b

But not well enough, damn it!

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-28-2018

Federal prosecutors filed 29 charges in all against Squirrel Hlll Synagogue shooter Robert Bowers, including 11 counts of using a firearm to commit murder and multiple counts of two specific hates crimes.

One is the obstruction of exercise of religious beliefs resulting in death. The other is obstruction of exercise of religious beliefs resulting in injury.

“The crimes of violence are based upon the federal civil rights laws prohibiting hate crimes,” US Attorney Scott Brady and Bob Jones, the FBI special agent in charge of the investigation, explained in a statement.

Bowers reportedly walked into the synagogue on Saturday morning yelling: “All Jews must die."  (His social media posts show that he was particularly pissed off about Jewish organizations helping refugees of political persecution resettle in the United States.)

The suspected shooter had been armed with an assault rifle and three handguns, police said. Six people were wounded in the attack, including four police officers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pittsburgh-shooting-robert-bowers-tree-of-life-synagogue-murder-hate-crimes-antisemitism-a8605156.html

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Rootilda - 10-28-2018

Seriously, why is he still alive?

(10-28-2018, 10:46 AM)Rootilda Wrote: Seriously, why is he still alive?

My guess is that the AR15 he was using allowed him to hit police faster than they could hit him, and he got lucky.

If the police officers hit Bowers with bullets fired from handguns, he has a much better chance of surviving than if he'd been hit by bullets fired from rifles (which tear up internal organs). He likely surrendered only after the big guns arrived on the scene.

Again, I'm just guessing.  I'll see if I can find some confirmation about the first responding officers' firearms and post it when available.

Also, Bowers might have been wearing body armor. I know a reporter asked about that at a press conference yesterday. But, LE said they didn't know yet and couldn't comment on it.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Love Child - 10-28-2018

Joyce Feinberg, 75
Richard Gottfried, 65
Rose Mallinger, 97
Jerry Rabinowitz, 66
Cecil Rosenthal, 59
David Rosenthal, 54
Bernice Simon, 84
Sylvan Simon, 86
Daniel Stein, 71
Melvin Wax, 88
Irving Younger, 69

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Love Child - 10-28-2018

It has been reported that Rose was a holocaust survivor, but I have seen recent posts saying she was not. I edited my above post to reflect that.

(10-28-2018, 02:12 PM)Love Child Wrote: Joyce Feinberg, 75
Richard Gottfried, 65
Rose Mallinger, 97
Jerry Rabinowitz, 66
Cecil Rosenthal, 59
David Rosenthal, 54
Bernice Simon, 84
Sylvan Simon, 86
Daniel Stein, 71
Melvin Wax, 88
Irving Younger, 69

Rest in peace.   42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 09:21 AM)airOfTheDog Wrote: Bowers reportedly walked into the synagogue on Saturday morning yelling: “All Jews must die."  (His social media posts show that he was particularly pissed off about Jewish organizations helping refugees of political persecution resettle in the United States.)

The suspected shooter had been armed with an assault rifle and three handguns, police said. Six people were wounded in the attack, including four police officers.

These days, it now should be the Nationwide policy that all Police cars responding to any public shooting
scene should be stocked with several AK47 rifles. So if needed to combat a shooter that was using an AK47 or similar rapid fire rifle, the LEO's could respond in kind with their own rapid fire rifles! Only logical .

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - SIXFOOTERsez - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 05:13 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 09:21 AM)airOfTheDog Wrote: Bowers reportedly walked into the synagogue on Saturday morning yelling: “All Jews must die."  (His social media posts show that he was particularly pissed off about Jewish organizations helping refugees of political persecution resettle in the United States.)

These days, it now should be the Nationwide policy that all Police cars responding to any public shooting
scene should be stocked with several AK47 rifles. So if needed to combat a shooter that was using an AK47 or similar rapid fire rifle, the LEO's could respond in kind with their own rapid fire rifles! Only logical .

Yea it makes sense on the surface, but then there are several thousand more weapons out on the street with questionable security. I don't know what the answer is, but I see problems with that one

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Carsman - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 05:17 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 05:13 PM)Carsman Wrote:

Yea it makes sense on the surface, but then there are several thousand more weapons out on the street with questionable security. I don't know what the answer is, but I see problems with that one

I was under the impression the cop cars were in a secured garage. If they are not, just the
"special stocked" cars could be. To be used only when responding to a shooting scene.

The problem is that there already are thousands of rapid fire rifles out there, and when LEO's respond
to a shooting scene and the shooter has a rapid fire rifle, the LEO's are at a great disadvantage if they
only have their hand guns, and possibly a shotgun in the car.
Look at the 4 LEO's that were shot by this current rapid fire shooter.

Police received calls from people inside the synagogue, "Okay, multiple gunshots are heard from the lobby, possibly 20-30 shots." "There are several people hiding."

Officers reported the gunfire was coming from an automatic weapon and asked for a city-wide response, "Automatic weapon, gunshots fired." "3-1-5 every available unit in the city needs to get here now, all units hold the perimeter, we're taking on AK-47 fire, from out the front of the synagogue."

Officers had to take cover and help the wounded, "We are pinned down by gunfire, he's firing out of the front of the building with an automatic weapon."

https://6abc.com/officers-responding-to-synagogue-shooting-met-with-a-hail-of-fire/4566637/

The Mayor Speaks Out

'This is a case where, if they had an armed guard inside, they might have been able to stop him immediately,' Trump said on Saturday.

But, today the Pittsburgh mayor rejected Trump's call to have armed guards in places of worship to tackle mass shooters, saying that's not the answer to violence.

[Image: 5500488-6325897-image-a-10_1540736667113.jpg]
^ Pittsburgh Mayor William Peduto said an armed guard would not have helped stop Saturday's shooting at the Tree of Life Congregation Synagogue.

'I don't think that the answer to this problem is solved by having our synagogues, mosques and churches filled with armed guards,' he said.

The president also said he would visit Pittsburgh but offered no details.  Mayor Peduto said that it would be up to the victims' families if Trump should visit them.

Full story:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6325897/Pittsburgh-mayor-rejects-Trumps-idea-having-armed-guards-synagogues.html

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 10-29-2018

(10-28-2018, 07:19 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The president also said he would visit Pittsburgh but offered no details.  

The Jewish community has spoken and have said he's not welcome there unless he first denounces white supremacy. We know that's not going to happen given white supremacy pretty much constitutes his base.

Just one more funeral the prez isn't welcome at because he's such a wretched individual.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 10-29-2018

white supremacy pretty much constitutes his base.

You are going bonkers.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 10-29-2018

You don't agree because you don't want to view yourself as that. I understand.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 10-29-2018

Update

Synagogue shooter Robert Bowers was released from the hospital this morning and is expected to appear in federal court at 1:30 p.m. 

U.S. Attorney Scott Brady says federal prosecutors are seeking approval from Attorney General Jeff Sessions, as required by law, to pursue the death penalty.

Brady said multiple search warrants have been issued in the investigation of Bowers, a long-haul trucker who worked as an independent contractor.

An official GoFundMe page has raised more than $490,000 for victims of the Tree of Life shooting in Pittsburgh. The stated goal for the campaign is $1 million. All money raised will be transferred directly to the Tree of Life Congregation.

"This fundraiser is meant to help the congregations with the physical damages on the building and the survivors and the victims' families," the fundraiser reads.

Two Muslim groups have also set up fund-raisers for the victims and their families, raising tens of thousands of dollars thus far.

Full story:  https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/pittsburgh-shooting-synagogue-today-suspect-robert-bowers-squirrel-hill-live-updates-2018-10-29/