Mock
ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING (/thread-10743.html)

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 12-13-2018

(12-12-2018, 02:49 PM)Maggot Wrote: He may have been stopped by a guard or a legal carry but not sure how that works over there.

Hopefully not like it does here where the good guy with the gun is getting shot and killed too.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2018

More Details -- Strasbourg Christmas Market Shooting

French police have confirmed that the shooting at the Strasbourg Christmas Market was an act of terrorism.

The shooter, 29-year-old Cherif Chekatt, was radicalized in 2015 during one of his many prison stints.  He was known to anti-terrorism officials.

Police had gone to Chekatt's home to arrest him for attempted murder earlier in the day.  He was not home, and police found a hand grenade at his residence.

Checkatt then went to the Christmas Market and began spraying bullets.  He was shot in the hand during an exchange of gunfire with the armed police and soldiers guarding the market and fled the scene.

Checkatt killed two people, left one brain-dead, and  injured 14 others.  Eight of the wounded are in critical condition.

The taxi driver who drove Checkatt from the scene of the crime immediately went to police and told them about the wounded man, who'd told the driver about the police search and the grenade.  That information helped authorities hone in quickly on Checkatt.

Checkatt remains on the lam and the manhunt continues.

Source:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/french-police-sought-to-arrest-suspect-ahead-of-strasbourg-christmas-market-attack/2018/12/12/5f47366e-fd95-11e8-a17e-162b712e8fc2_story.html?utm_term=.87fb474ec6f3

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2018

Strasbourg Shooter Killed by Police

-- Suspected Strasbourg terrorist Cherif Chekatt was gunned down in a shoot-out with French police.

--The terrorist was killed after anti-terror police stumbled upon him in the street and officers returned fire when he shot at them and tried to flee, a French official said.

--ISIS propaganda news agency Amaq claimed Chekatt was a 'soldier' of Daesh just over an hour after his death.

--German and Swiss police had increasing security amid fears Chekatt had left France in his mother's car.

--Police in armour and carrying rifles blocked street in Neudorf, Strasbourg, during the manhunt for gunman.

--Government spokesman said officers were told to take him 'dead or alive' and priority is to get him 'quickly'.

--Officers found weapons and jihadist literature at his apartment and have arrested friends and family members.

Full story:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6491021/Manhunt-continues-Strasbourg-Christmas-market-shooter.html

(I'll put a link to this terrorist shooting in the Terrorism thread later, when I have a little more time MS.)

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 12-13-2018

Anti wallites.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-19-2018

People filled a square in the French city of Strasbourg on Sunday to show respect and sympathy for the victims of last week's shooting attack near a famous Christmas market as the death toll rose to five. 

More than 1,000 people attended the memorial, which ended with a minute of applause and a rendition of France's national anthem, "La Marseillaise."

The hour-long ceremony took place in Kleber Square, not far from where a gunman opened fire on Tuesday evening. Strasbourg Mayor Roland Ries praised the city's resilience in the face of hardship.

The "extremely large crowd in the Christmas market" Saturday "was an illustration of our commitment to these values on which our living together is based, which we will continue to defend against all those who want to attack it," Ries said.
[Image: ap-18350452473222.jpg#]

The attack victims came from multiple countries: One of the dead was a tourist from Thailand. Another was an Italian journalist covering the European Parliament based in Strasbourg. The latest to die from his injuries was a Pole named Barto Orent-Niedzielski.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/strasbourg-christmas-market-attack-fifth-victim-dies-today-french-city-mourns-2018-12-16/

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 12-19-2018

So tired of hate and evil in this world.

However, its existence is proof positive, to me at least, that Satan, Devil, Evil Spirits (whatever you want to call it/them) are among us, and have been since the dawn of mankind.

I also believe that there are Angels, Good Spirits, etc, that are in our midst.

I think dogs have the ability to see spirits, whether they’re good or evil.

As a new dog owner, I wasn’t really aware of this.

One night last winter, I saw my dog start barking at what appeared to be the wall. I’m thinking, WTH? I’m telling you, she barks ONLY at other people that near our house or, of course, another dog walking down the street. This had to be some sort of form that she felt threatened her home. I’ve also researched and found female dogs are very protective of their domiciles, more so than males.

Then, a co-worker of mine related a story shortly thereafter.

His wife’s sister was on her death bed at her home. Co-worker and wife were with her and they brought their dog, who was very close to dying sister.

As co-worker (with dog) was outside bedroom, where sisters were comforting one another, suddenly dog starts barking and looking up at other end of bedroom near the ceiling.

Wife of co-worker then says ‘my sister just passed.’

Co-worker says he thinks dog was barking at her spirit as she left.

He’s never been someone I’ve thought of as a bs-er, and believe this story.

Anyway, my point in all this:

I feel we really are in a struggle day to day, with negative and positive influences all around.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Midwest Spy - 12-19-2018

Wow, just finished sending this, and Jewel’s ‘Hands’ randomly comes on my Bluetooth.

I have more than 2300 singles that can play.

A sign people!

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 12:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: He’s never been someone I’ve thought of as a bs-er, and believe this story.

Anyway, my point in all this:

I feel we really are in a struggle day to day, with negative and positive influences all around.

I believe the story too MS.

I've seen dogs display similar behavior when their beloved owners pass away (with my dad, and later two clients of mine).

I believe some dogs have the ability to sense when the loss is approaching/occurring.

I've also seen dogs apparently mourning, much like humans, for periods of time after the passing.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - BigMark - 12-19-2018

A rat was in the wall.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - HairOfTheDog - 12-28-2018

Parkland School Massacre -- Detailed Report Released

As covered upthread, Nikolas Cruz, a former student, shot to death 17 people with an AR-15 at  Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida on Valentine's Day this year.

Today, the Sun Sentinel released a minute by minute account of what went down that terrible day -- including photos, video, audio, and graphs.  It's a very interesting and disturbing read.  Report: http://projects.sun-sentinel.com/2018/sfl-parkland-school-shooting-critical-moments/

[Image: cruz-floor2.jpg]
Cruz on the hunt for victims on the second floor

The details of the investigatory report are extremely unflattering to police and reveal 58 minutes of chaos on campus marked by no one taking charge, deputies dawdling and hiding, false information spreading, communications paralyzed and children stranded with nowhere to hide.

Two decades after Columbine and five years after Sandy Hook, with hundreds of mass shootings in between.......yet most police and educators still weren’t ready for Parkland.

Hopefully, the Parkland mass shooting details will be carefully examined by law enforcement and public servants across the country.  They need to learn from the myriad of mistakes made at Marjory Stoneman Douglas and develop plans  to avoid another fatally bungled response by those in charge.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Rootilda - 12-30-2018

[Image: ddiFMv4.png]

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - MirahM - 12-31-2018

But build that wall. It will surely make us safer.

FFS!

I love your story Midwest! I almost want to see it posted in another thread, like the Give me my daily bread thread!

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Fry Guy - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 12:49 AM)MirahM Wrote: But build that wall. It will surely make us safer.

FFS!

I love your story Midwest! I almost want to see it posted in another thread, like the Give me my daily bread thread!

Yes only build the wall if you want to help prevent illegal immigrant girls being raped en masse by the predatory cartel members

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972

but if you don't care then...why not let these girls gets raped, the tiny kids be killed from a week of dehydration and starvation and let drugs pour across the border. Such morality. I am with you.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - MirahM - 01-01-2019

(12-31-2018, 11:47 PM)Fry Guy Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 12:49 AM)MirahM Wrote: But build that wall. It will surely make us safer.

FFS!

Yes only build the wall if you want to help prevent illegal immigrant girls being raped en masse by the predatory cartel members

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972

but if you don't care then...why not let these girls gets raped, the tiny kids be killed from a week of dehydration and starvation and let drugs pour across the border. Such morality. I am with you.

It was my belief rapes were already happening in their own countries. Also it was my understanding that some border security hired by the UNITED STATES are raping children and women.
Why is your first assumption that I don't care about people? So I don't want a wall-that must mean I want people to be raped. I want kids to be killed. Tiny ones at that!
PLUS DRUGS! OH MY!

How is a wall going to prevent a man from sticking his dick in some chick-IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN. A WALL WILL NOT FUCKING PREVENT RAPES FROM HAPPENING. TELL ME HOW THAT WILL WORK PLEASE.

Suddenly no one will try to get into America anymore? Is that it? People will stop making the trek to come into the country and therefore not get raped?

Will drugs suddenly stop coming into America as well?

WILL MEN STOP RAPING PEOPLE BECAUSE THERE IS A WALL? (If I don't include women rapists in my rant will you bring that up as well?)

My point is-we are doing a fine enough job killing ourselves with guns and other forms of violence that a wall will not solve. It won't fucking solve the problem of school shootings for example. It won't mean that I can walk down a city street and feel safe because there is a wall on the Mexico border. It won't mean that suddenly people will sober up and drugs won't be a problem anymore.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - MirahM - 01-01-2019

Where is Melania's jacket when I need it?
Also
#BeBest Fry Guy!

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-14-2019

Today is the one year anniversary of the Parkland shooting. Since then 1200 more kids have died by gunshot. This should be a national embarrassment but it's not to many people, they simply don't care. I often wonder if it would make a difference if it were their child.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - sally - 02-14-2019

They have cops at the gates at the schools here when school starts and ends and an armed security guard on campus all day. So at least they got a little more serious with that. Just until recently there was no security whatsoever.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-14-2019

(02-14-2019, 12:22 PM)sally Wrote: They have cops at the gates at the schools here when school starts and ends and an armed security guard on campus all day. So at least they got a little more serious with that. Just until recently there was no security whatsoever.

There is a debate in the capitol here in N.H. some lawmakers want to make the schools a no gun zone no security no armed police. Its so stupid in my eyes, banks, airports, public events all have armed security and schools don't? Some people are blind thinking that having no guns to protect is a safe way of guarding the kids. Unbelievable. It won't pass though to many people have common sense.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Duchess - 02-14-2019

There's a police presence at one of the schools I drive by when I'm coming and going. I think it's a great idea but I'm not so foolish as to believe a good guy with a gun is going to stop a bad guy with a gun. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Parkland had security, it was worthless.

RE: ANOTHER SCHOOL/PUBLIC SHOOTING - Maggot - 02-14-2019

Still better than nothing.