Mock
the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: the 2014 trivial drivel thread (/thread-10768.html)

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - crash - 04-09-2014

We have a local Masters hardware store that's just opened near us. Masters? You're thinking? It's the Aussie version of Lowes. Except not as cheap.

*sigh*

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 04-09-2014

Do you have Lowes or Home Depot there? HD is usually cheaper than Lowes but I like Lowes merchandise better.

Nope. No Home Depot. No Lowes. No Walmart. No Sears.

Masters is a 5050 joint venture in Australia between Lowes and our biggest grocery chain, Woolworths. The other major supermarket/grocery chain, Coles, are owned by a company called Wesfarmers who run a hardware chain called Bunnings. Masters are in direct competition with them.

Costco are starting to get going here, but they only have a handful of stores in major metro locations.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 04-09-2014

I stroll through Lowes like some people stroll through a park. I lurve Lowes.

Woolworths? Is it the same company we had here years and years ago?

Nope. A cheap copy, as it would seem. From Wikipedia;

Woolworths Limited was founded in September of 1924, originally under the name "Wallworths Bazzaar Ltd", a play on the internationally renown F. W. Woolworth name. After discovering the name had not been registered in Australia, and Woolworths had no plans for overseas expansion, the company became "Woolworths Limited" on 22 September 1924.[5] Following the company's first "Bargain Basement" opening on Sydney's Pitt Street, there was little interest in shareholders to accelerate the brands growth. However, as trading continued and shareholders brought more capital, the dividends paid by the company increased from 5% to 50% after its third year of operation.

Consumer interest in the company grew sufficiently after December of 1924, as more branches of the store were established across Australia. Woolworths stores began selling a variety of goods, claiming the cheapest prices as well as money back guarantees.[6] At the forefront of innovation in Australia, Woolworths stores became the first variety store in the world to install receipt printing cash register machines in 1926.[7] Nearly twenty years after the company's establishment, Woolworths had a store in every state in Australia, following the opening of their Hobart store in 1940.[8] With the company and its stores doing successfully, Woolworths began to experiment with expanding their grocery range; more stores began stocking fresh fruits and vegetables and a larger range of food. As Woolworths began to gradually transition to becoming exclusively a grocery store, this saw the creation of the first "Big W" store in 1955, the brand's department store counterpart.

I see the weirdest stuff driving around here. When we first moved here it was the zebra car. Then it was the I have to poop sticker. I swear I was behind Cousin It the other day. Complete with the hair and hat. But today takes the cake. I was driving down 575 and all the sudden the air and road was covered in toilet paper. Rolls and rolls everywhere. Tons flying in the air. It looked like snow. Everyone was slowing down because there was literally toilet paper everywhere. Then it was gone and everyone resumed their speed.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 04-09-2014

It must have happened near a good neighborhood, otherwise cars would have been pulling over left & right.

(04-09-2014, 05:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It must have happened near a good neighborhood, otherwise cars would have been pulling over left & right.

hah woo hoo free toilet paper!!

Ticker tape parade, GA style? Lucky nobody got wiped out..

Ha.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Maggot - 04-10-2014

Cleanup on aisle 575

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - RaisingAPrince - 04-14-2014

(04-09-2014, 07:41 AM)crash Wrote: Nope. No Home Depot. No Lowes. No Walmart. No Sears.

Masters is a 5050 joint venture in Australia between Lowes and our biggest grocery chain, Woolworths. The other major supermarket/grocery chain, Coles, are owned by a company called Wesfarmers who run a hardware chain called Bunnings. Masters are in direct competition with them.

Costco are starting to get going here, but they only have a handful of stores in major metro locations.

You may be interested to know that Lowe's will be in Australia at some point in time. Before the twins, I worked at a manufacturing company in their accounts receivable department. I processed an application for Lowe's Australia almost 2 years ago and was told "it's in the process". Not exactly sure what that means or how long it may take, but it's coming.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 04-14-2014

Ohmaigawd. Look how big those children are getting. Hiya RAP!

(04-14-2014, 01:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Ohmaigawd. Look how big those children are getting. Hiya RAP!

Hi!!! I keep coming in to try and catch up and my OCD takes over and I run away because I can't read every post I've missed! Now we're trying to sell our house because we've outgrown it so that's become a priority. I need a designated "Mock" timeout everyday!

They're huge :-) It's amazing that they were just 2lb15oz when born and now they are 16lb and 17lb. We're getting ready for their 1st birthday next month. I'm in denial.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - Duchess - 04-14-2014

It's been a year already? Holy shit. Where the hell did it go.

You're telling me. May 25! I thought being that we were stuck inside on lockdown all Winter that it wouldn't go by so fast, wrong! They're crawling and have teeth and all that jazz. Ooooyyy

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - crash - 04-14-2014

(04-14-2014, 01:11 PM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 07:41 AM)crash Wrote: Nope. No Home Depot. No Lowes. No Walmart. No Sears.

You may be interested to know that Lowe's will be in Australia at some point in time. Before the twins, I worked at a manufacturing company in their accounts receivable department. I processed an application for Lowe's Australia almost 2 years ago and was told "it's in the process". Not exactly sure what that means or how long it may take, but it's coming.

Yep, they're here already just in a different form.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - ramseycat - 04-15-2014

I'm flipping thru the channels and land on Dog the Bounty Hunter. Dude. Really? No need for sunglasses at night. Button up your shirt. And for Pete's sake get a hair cut and lay off the tanning.

RE: the 2014 trivial drivel thread - sally - 04-15-2014

He could also use a new personality, what a douche bag. Maybe Aussie can fix him.