Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

NFL 2014 - Duchess - 02-18-2014

A brand new thread for a brand new year.

Last year at this time I was feeling apprehensive but hopeful. I had a new head coach who had never coached an NFL game in his life. It was the most fun season of football I had ever had and I can't wait to do it again!

But first comes Summer Relaxed Drink

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 03:09 PM)Duchess Wrote:

A brand new thread for a brand new year.

Last year at this time I was feeling apprehensive but hopeful. I had a new head coach who had never coached an NFL game in his life. It was the most fun season of football I had ever had and I can't wait to do it again!

But first comes Summer Relaxed Drink
I'm interested in seeing what Chip brings in during the offseason. We have miles of cap space.

RE: NFL 2014 - Donovan - 02-19-2014

I have a disturbing and unfounded thought that Peyton Manning will not finish the year. Don't know if retirement or injury will do it, but my gut feeling is that this was his swansong. If I was a betting man I'd say he over does it in response to his "choke" critics and either tanks the season or gets hurt.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 02-19-2014

I sure hope he doesn't get hurt. I worried about that when he first came back after his surgery, I surely don't want to see him in a wheelchair. It's unfortunate that he probably thinks he still has something to prove, I don't see it like that and think he's brilliant. I don't define him on the SB loss.

Do you guys think the scouting combine plays a very big role?

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 02-19-2014

(02-19-2014, 11:15 AM)Donovan Wrote: I have a disturbing and unfounded thought that Peyton Manning will not finish the year. Don't know if retirement or injury will do it, but my gut feeling is that this was his swansong. If I was a betting man I'd say he over does it in response to his "choke" critics and either tanks the season or gets hurt.
Now aren't you just a ray of sunshine? hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 02-20-2014

The investigation into the bullying in Miami has resulted in the firing of their O-line coach and the head athletic trainer. Woooo.

RE: NFL 2014 - Donovan - 02-20-2014

(02-19-2014, 01:49 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 11:15 AM)Donovan Wrote: I have a disturbing and unfounded thought that Peyton Manning will not finish the year. Don't know if retirement or injury will do it, but my gut feeling is that this was his swansong. If I was a betting man I'd say he over does it in response to his "choke" critics and either tanks the season or gets hurt.
Now aren't you just a ray of sunshine? hah

Nah, just a realist. Peyton jacked up their last run by throwing that godawful forced pass across the body into traffic etc. It's how the guy does when he's under pressure. The Seahawks demonstrated just how effective that can be. Two years, two playoff runs, two humiliating defeats due to defensive pressure. So I foresee a WHOLE lot of qb pressure situations next year...and a whole lot of falling down for grampaw Manning.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-01-2014

Ritchie Incognito is in a psych ward. Can you beat the fuck out of something that feels nothing? He took a bat to his car and called it art.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-03-2014

I'd like to experience what it feels like to see one being raised that commemorates a Super Bowl win.

[Image: BhlNumYIAAAO2IV.jpg]

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 03-04-2014

(03-03-2014, 03:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd like to experience what it feels like to see one being raised that commemorates a Super Bowl win.

[Image: BhlNumYIAAAO2IV.jpg]
Sing it sistah!!!

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-06-2014

Hey MS, what do you think about Adrian lobbying to get Michael Vick out there?

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 03-06-2014

(03-06-2014, 02:30 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Hey MS, what do you think about Adrian lobbying to get Michael Vick out there?

You know, I honestly hadnt heard that. I haven't been listening to sports talk radio for a few weeks.

That being said, the Vikes need a veteran QB on the roster and if Vick is available, he'd probably be a good choice.

There's optimism here with our new head coach Mike Zimmer (Bengals defensive coordinator) and our new offensive coordinator, Norv Turner.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-06-2014

Now I'm getting alerts that Jacksonville is interested in him too. I guess we'll know soon enough where he goes. I'm probably the only who cares. I would have liked to keep him as a backup but he wants to start and I do understand that.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 03-07-2014

(03-06-2014, 06:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Now I'm getting alerts that Jacksonville is interested in him too. I guess we'll know soon enough where he goes. I'm probably the only who cares. I would have liked to keep him as a backup but he wants to start and I do understand that.
And he had plenty of chances starting with us too. I'm glad Nick is working out. Everytime Vick touched the ball I got that sick turnover feeling in the pit of my stomach.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 06:42 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm glad Nick is working out.

I'm thrilled about that, absolutely over the moon.

I creep on some of the guys pages, some of them talk about their workouts & post pix of that and their healthy food choices and DeSean posts pix of thug-like bullshit, pix with his pants riding close to down around his knees, pix of kicking back smoking big cigars, pix of partying and selfies where he's making gang signs or whatever the fuck they are. I don't appreciate him like I used to, not a bit. I always forgave him his diva like behavior but when he started making noises about a restructured contract the moment our season ended I wanted to hit him with a brick and I was over him.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 03-10-2014

(03-07-2014, 06:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 06:42 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm glad Nick is working out.

I'm thrilled about that, absolutely over the moon.

I creep on some of the guys pages, some of them talk about their workouts & post pix of that and their healthy food choices and DeSean posts pix of thug-like bullshit, pix with his pants riding close to down around his knees, pix of kicking back smoking big cigars, pix of partying and selfies where he's making gang signs or whatever the fuck they are. I don't appreciate him like I used to, not a bit. I always forgave him his diva like behavior but when he started making noises about a restructured contract the moment our season ended I wanted to hit him with a brick and I was over him.
If it wasn't for the return against the Giants, I would have been over him years ago, but that run... That fucking run. Blowing-kisses

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-10-2014

That's my favorite football moment of all time. That's what perfection looks like. It was thrilling.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-11-2014

FA starts at 4:00 PM today! 19

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 03-11-2014

MS, what are you hearing out there? Are you going to take our backup? The anticipation is killin' me.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 03-11-2014

Vikes are $36M under the cap and we're not re-signing DE Jared Allen, meaning we should've been in the hunt for Michael Johnson, but he just signed with Tampa.

I did read that we are no longer in the Vick sweepstakes. We actually just re-signed Matt Cassel to a 2-yr deal.

So I really don't know who'll end up with Vick. I don't know how many good years he has left. For as elusive as he is, he's taken a beating the last 3 years or so.

Free Agency is always an exciting time.