Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 04:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:
Hey Cutz, pretty cool that Jordon Matthews is spending the next few weeks in the company of the best wideouts in the NFL, huh.
He spends Thanksgiving dinner with the company of the best wideout in the NFL. It's cool, but I'm not going overboard. He needs to develop and become a part of the offense, and it'll take time. He's not going to walk into the NFL as the best no matter with whom he trains.

But it's great that the news stories about him are about how hard he trains. Usually you say that about guys who aren't as physically gifted. You talk about how hard they work. This is about a 6'3/6'4 kid with 4.4 speed, fluid route running, and big hands... that's something to be excited about.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-09-2014

(07-09-2014, 05:28 PM)Cutz Wrote: But it's great that the news stories about him are about how hard he trains.

Every single person I've read or listened to all comment on his work ethic & his humble demeanor. I'm thrilled that he is getting valuable feedback from some of the best in the business. It makes me feel excited for him and interested in watching his progress.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-10-2014

Lol. This was a funny comment on the article tho.

"Wow. Megatron, Green, Demariyus.... These guys were pretty good BEFORE spending the offseason with Jordan Matthews. I can't imagine what they'll look like now."

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-16-2014

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/Cowboys_Players_Read_Mean_Tweets_From_Fans/00bafd88-d006-4ef6-888b-e51d108c88d6

Brandon Carr is dumber than a brick

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-16-2014

I like the "Cowboys defense is 'Ryan Renolds in Green Lantern' bad."

Let's be honest, I like all of them.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-16-2014

I was daydreaming about Shady & Darren Sproles together earlier. ohmaigods.

RE: NFL 2014 - Donovan - 07-16-2014

I'm gonna say it right now: Johnny Manziell will be the biggest bust since Todd Marinovich. He ain't got the focus. Gone in a year. or

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 08:00 PM)Donovan Wrote: Johnny Manziell will be the biggest bust since Todd Marinovich.

I agree. I've thought that ever since it appears he focuses more on his social life and that only intensified after I saw the pic of him rolling up a bill in the restroom out in Vegas.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-16-2014

(07-16-2014, 08:00 PM)Donovan Wrote: I'm gonna say it right now: Johnny Manziell will be the biggest bust since Todd Marinovich. He ain't got the focus. Gone in a year. or

Completely disagree with you!

He's got 'it'

I'm excited to watch him.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-16-2014

He'll entertain me with his success or failure. I win either way.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-16-2014

He played in the most 'NFL ready' conference in college, against some of the best coaches and schemes out there.

Don't let his schtick fool you.

He'll be ready.

Now, Bobby Hoyer was looking very good for the Browns last year before his injury, however, with Josh Gordon out for at least a year, whoever Cleveland has slinging it next year will be challenged.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-17-2014

But with Justin Gilbert and Joe Haden at the corners... that's a scary duo defending the pass.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-20-2014

Smiley_emoticons_smile

[Image: reaching-the-end-zone-hot-girl-football-...432907.jpg]

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-21-2014

(07-16-2014, 08:35 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-16-2014, 08:00 PM)Donovan Wrote: I'm gonna say it right now: Johnny Manziell will be the biggest bust since Todd Marinovich. He ain't got the focus. Gone in a year. or

He's got 'it'

Ryan Leaf had "it" too. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-21-2014

(07-21-2014, 11:22 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

He's got 'it'

He had better physical tools, but didn't have 'it'.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-21-2014

(07-21-2014, 11:29 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 11:22 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

He's got 'it'

He had better physical tools, but didn't have 'it'.
Everybody said he did when he came out of college. I think it's safe to say that he obviously never hadf "it" now, but he was the Manzeil of his day. I don't have a horse in this race so I won't argue the point but time will tell if he's another Foles or not. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-21-2014

I'll argue it - he's too big for his britches, he's playing with the big boys now and if he doesn't get his shit together he's going to be a big fat dud. There is a tremendous difference between college ball and the NFL. He doesn't even know how to handle his little bit of college success, it appears as if every wonderful thing anyone has said to him about his skills has only served to give him a big head. I don't think anyone can actually know this of course but it's been said he was shittin' bricks during the draft, he could not believe he had to wait so long. He has a crappy attitude and I'd be willing to bet it's his downfall.

RE: NFL 2014 - Donovan - 07-21-2014

Todd Marinovich had "it" too. Football playing machine. Until he collapsed on himself. Manziell has bust written all over him, in his ego, in his lack of maturity, in his lack of focus. Even sliding down the draft didn't dampen him any. Unless he comes in and makes an amazing splash, which I seriously doubt he will, he's gonna wash out hard.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-21-2014

I'm hardly what you'd call a Johnny Manziel bobo, but I think this kid proved enough in college and has enough in the toolbox, and more importantly, a high football I.Q., to do well at the NFL level.

His size and arm strength are a little bit of a concern, but he made plays in college against SEC competition.

We shall see.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-21-2014

Manziel is an interesting cat, I'll give him that. But he's a typical boom/bust prospect. His attitude is no different than that of Cam Newton, and while he doesn't have the same skill set, he could easily make some plays and look good on a bad squad the same way. It's not like they're surrounding JFF with weapons... they might as well embrace his style. Cam came into the NFL and everyone found out all that swag he had, all the ego, attitude... it didn't affect his desire to work hard. He's just a goofball. He put in the hours and has played well. JFF could do the same thing, or crash and burn.

That aside... he's easily the best hope for a franchise QB. Blake Bortles? Ceiling of Big Ben, floor of Brandon Weeden. He's no star. Jump off a Bridgewater? That dude tanked hard at his Pro Day... if that's how he performs under pressure, I'm not lining him up as QB1, especially not in friggin Minnesota.