Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-23-2014

In case you Eagles fans missed it... NFL films Eagles season review.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 06:07 PM)Cutz Wrote: In case you Eagles fans missed it... NFL films Eagles season review.

That was fantastic! Thank you so much. I probably would have seen it sooner or later but the timing for seeing this right now is perfection. *sigh* It was such an awesome season, I can hardly wait to do it all over again. That Detroit game was the biggest fun to watch, not to sound too girly but it was magical and Brandon Boykin picking off the ball in the Dallas game was incredible, I swear I would have kissed his ass in the middle of 301 had he asked. I can feel me morphing into whatever it is I am during football season. My heart is thumping. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-24-2014

Will you kiss my rump in the middle of 301?

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-24-2014

(07-21-2014, 09:44 PM)Cutz Wrote: Manziel is an interesting cat, I'll give him that. But he's a typical boom/bust prospect. His attitude is no different than that of Cam Newton, and while he doesn't have the same skill set, he could easily make some plays and look good on a bad squad the same way. It's not like they're surrounding JFF with weapons... they might as well embrace his style. Cam came into the NFL and everyone found out all that swag he had, all the ego, attitude... it didn't affect his desire to work hard. He's just a goofball. He put in the hours and has played well. JFF could do the same thing, or crash and burn.

That aside... he's easily the best hope for a franchise QB. Blake Bortles? Ceiling of Big Ben, floor of Brandon Weeden. He's no star. Jump off a Bridgewater? That dude tanked hard at his Pro Day... if that's how he performs under pressure, I'm not lining him up as QB1, especially not in friggin Minnesota.
Bridgewater actually does pretty well under pressure. My only question about that guy is his size and mindset. He was a big deal in Louisville, but it's Louisville. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-24-2014

^ I'm not gonna pretend I was hoping the Vikes would get Bridgewater, but now that he's here, everyone's pretty excited.

Ron Jaworski just ranked the 32 QB's for ESPN and he had the Vikes' Matt Cassel at no. 32. WTF Jaws? He's the WORST starting QB in the league? I can think of at least 5 that suck balls more than Cassel.

On that note, Bridgewater's got to be an upgrade.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 01:21 AM)Cutz Wrote: Will you kiss my rump in the middle of 301?

You had a small chance until you made "it" sound like a roast.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 02:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: ^ I'm not gonna pretend I was hoping the Vikes would get Bridgewater, but now that he's here, everyone's pretty excited.

Ron Jaworski just ranked the 32 QB's for ESPN and he had the Vikes' Matt Cassel at no. 32. WTF Jaws? He's the WORST starting QB in the league? I can think of at least 5 that suck balls more than Cassel.

On that note, Bridgewater's got to be an upgrade.
Cassel is the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. He's always been regarded as a backup and as a backup he's great, but he's never put up the numbers as a starter to get a lot of attention. Bridgewater is accurate and he's got a fairly strong arm. If he does his homework he could be an asset to the Vikes. From what I've seen of him he reads well and has shown he can handle 2-3 looks downfield. What's your O line look like? That could be a deal breaker.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-24-2014

I think our O-line is average at best.

Peterson didn't get a lot of daylight last year, and he still can't catch dump-offs or pick up the blitz.

Cordarrelle Patterson, however, is the next huge playmaker in the league.

I believe 3 returns for TD's last season?

Just needs to work on route-running.

Norv Turner here will be a definite upgrade at O-coordinator.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-25-2014

(07-24-2014, 03:29 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Cassel is the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. He's always been regarded as a backup and as a backup he's great, but he's never put up the numbers as a starter to get a lot of attention.
Jeff Garcia.

The vikes have been looking for a QB forever. They need a new offense overhaul. Patterson and Peterson are good, but the rest of it just doesn't work. Quit blowin your load looking for a perfect qb and just pick one, stick with him, and build the rest of your offense.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 12:39 AM)Cutz Wrote:
(07-24-2014, 03:29 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Cassel is the Rodney Dangerfield of QB's. He's always been regarded as a backup and as a backup he's great, but he's never put up the numbers as a starter to get a lot of attention.
Jeff Garcia.
The vikes have been looking for a QB forever. They need a new offense overhaul. Patterson and Peterson are good, but the rest of it just doesn't work. Quit blowin your load looking for a perfect qb and just pick one, stick with him, and build the rest of your offense.
Word Homie.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-25-2014

Rookies reported for training camp today!

I'm feeling a little neurotic about the upcoming pre-season games. I get concerned about injuries.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 02:05 PM)Duchess Wrote: [i]

Rookies reported for training camp today!

I'm feeling a little neurotic about the upcoming pre-season games. I get concerned about injuries.[/i]
Same here. Nothing worse than seeing a starter taken out for the rest of the season in a game that doesn't mean shit.

(07-25-2014, 06:31 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Nothing worse than seeing a starter taken out for the rest of the season in a game that doesn't mean shit.

Hard to even contemplate. Gives me the willies.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 07-25-2014

First full day of training camp here. I'm getting more and more excited about Coach Zimmer. North Turner and Teddy Bridgewater will lead the Vikes to the NFC North championship.

I've got the NFC East covered. 44

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: First full day of training camp here. I'm getting more and more excited about Coach Zimmer. North Turner and Teddy Bridgewater will lead the Vikes to the NFC North championship.
Fiancee is/was a Bengals fan... she felt betrayed when they let Zimmer get away. She thinks he was the best coach on that team. She's livid at the owner, whom she hates for being a cheapskate anyway, so she's considering switching teams.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-27-2014

Training camp has so far claimed a couple of guys for the season. One from the Colts & one from the 'Niners. Thank Christ it was none of my guys. Knock wood.

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 07-27-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: will lead the Vikes to the NFC North championship.

Awesome. The MS-kiss-of-death means we're in with a shot to claim it again this year.. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 07-27-2014

MS, no offense but please don't even say my team's name. Shhhhh.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 07-28-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: First full day of training camp here. I'm getting more and more excited about Coach Zimmer. North Turner and Teddy Bridgewater will lead the Vikes to the NFC North championship.
The NFC North is looking pretty tough so far. GB upgraded as did the Bears in the off season.