Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 08-22-2014

Alex Henery - 4th round pick, 2011. (This is very high for a kicker.)
Carey Spears - UDFA Eagles 2014.
Cody Parkey - UDFA Colts 2014.

2011 Eagles personnel: Head Coach - Andy Reid. General Manager - Howie Roseman. Director of Player Personnel - Ryan Grigson (Former director of scouting).

2014 Eagles personnel: Head Coach - Chip Kelly. General Manager - Howie Roseman. VP of Player Personnel - Tom Gamble.

2014 Colts personnel: Head Coach - Chuck Pagano. General Manager - Ryan Grigson.

These are the people we're trusting to pick kickers. Parkey even has the extra E in his name! It's the sign of the kicker devil!

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 08-27-2014

What the hell is ESPN doing reporting on the training camp showering habits of Michael Sam? What. The. Fuck.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 08-29-2014

What do you guys think about Cody Parkey? I know one game doesn't amount to much but I don't think Alex could have made those same kicks and I don't think we have anything to lose by starting him. Does that sound desperate? Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 08-29-2014

Well, the Vikings went 4-0 in the pre-season which is encouraging.

When Denny Green became coach in the early 90's he said winning pre-season games got everyone used to winning.

He ended up with a pretty good overall record.

I think Coach Zimmer is changing the culture and I really expect our team to be much better this year.

We've got a brutal schedule though, so it'll be tough.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 08-30-2014

[Image: n-MICHAEL-SAM-large570.jpg]

RAMS CUT SAM -- that's the front page headline at Huff Post this afternoon.

At a press conference following the announcement, Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher said that Sam was notified of his release on Saturday, who replied "Thanks for the opportunity." Fisher said the decision to release Sam was "a football decision," and, "I was pulling for him, but it didn't work out." Asked about how Sam's time with the Rams was, Fisher said, "There was no distraction. Mike fit in very, very well. He was fun to be around. No issues."

Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/30/michael-sam-cut-rams_n_5739774.html

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 08-30-2014

Sorry to read that. I was hoping it would work out for him and he sounded pretty confident that he would make the roster.

My kicker got cut & I applauded.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 08-30-2014

Is it the first time the Head Coach had to have a Press Conference to talk about cutting a 7th round pick?

Idunno. Probably. Ridiculous.

RE: NFL 2014 - ramseycat - 08-30-2014

It's stupid that he's a headline because he's gay. It shouldn't be of interest to anyone.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 08-31-2014

(08-30-2014, 08:54 PM)ramseycat Wrote: It's stupid that he's a headline because he's gay. It shouldn't be of interest to anyone.

Ramsey, remember, his sexual orientation was no big deal to anyone.

He's the one who wanted everyone to know.

Unfortunately for him, as I predicted, he couldn't make the Rams roster. Now, the Rams are deep defensively, so there's no shame in not making that team, and he could ultimately get picked up by another team.

I wish him well, I really do.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 08-31-2014

He wanted to control the information & I don't blame him one bit given the journalism that's out there these days. I don't know how you can fault someone for that.

RE: NFL 2014 - ramseycat - 08-31-2014

I'm not faulting the player. I'm faulting the media.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 02:27 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I'm not faulting the player. I'm faulting the media.

If that's in response to my comment, I was talking to that judgmental Christian MS.

MS, you should tell your kids you were wrong about same sex couples not having kids. Both Elton John & Doogie Howser have twins.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-02-2014

(08-31-2014, 07:09 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 02:27 AM)ramseycat Wrote: I'm not faulting the player. I'm faulting the media.

If that's in response to my comment, I was talking to that judgmental Christian MS.

MS, you should tell your kids you were wrong about same sex couples not having kids. Both Elton John & Doogie Howser have twins.

I'm confused by this post.

He wanted everyone to know he was a homo which I guess wasn't that big of a deal.

The sloppy make out scene and most importantly, his intention to go with a reality show immediately after the draft (which he changed his mind on, but the damage had been done), eventually dug his NFL grave.

He has officially cleared waivers and no other team claimed him.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

How about you mind your fuckin' business when it comes to me and my kids?

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 04:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How about you mind your fuckin' business when it comes to me and my kids?

...and deny myself the pleasure of pushin' your buttons? No fuckin' way.

Sports reporters & ESPN played a bigger role in the Michael Sam bullshit than Michael Sam did. The first openly gay NFL player was the headline everywhere. Blah Blah fucking Blah. They were the only people that cared. The reader/listener didn't, the players didn't, no one did but those who wanted to sell something they thought was salacious.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-02-2014

(09-02-2014, 04:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: He has officially cleared waivers and no other team claimed him.

Dallas is bringing him in for a physical tomorrow, it looks like he'll be signed to the Cowboys practice squad.

There are several media outlets reporting this right now. Guess how they all begin their story - Michael Sam, the NFL's ____________

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-03-2014

It's fine that he came out how and when he did. He had a great attitude of wanting to 'focus on football' and such at the start. Downhill from there. The reality show was only nixed after the Rams organization said it was bullshit. He wouldn't have accepted cameras into his home for the draft if he wanted equality. He knew he was projected from round 4-7. They don't send cameras to those dude's houses.

I don't mind him kissing his dude. Didn't appreciate NFL network stickin it down my face, but Sam deserves to kiss his S/O as much as any straight guy. What I fault him for is saying he wanted to focus on football and then accepting the glory and adulation of being a 7th round pick. Literally... 7 picks later and he could have been "Mr. Irrelevant." I think ESPN reporting on his shower habits and such is the ultimate reflection of how faulty the media is in his coverage, but Sam totally bought into his own hype along the way.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-03-2014

Well, this is my 3rd stab at this.

The first year was better than last year.

It seems each year a couple of teams that are supposed to be good end up stinking (last year that was HOU and ATL).

Last year , I thought the Seahawks were overrated. How'd that turn out?

My gut isn't telling me much this year, except that maybe I should eat less ice cream.

I've fallen out of love with the Cowboys. I think they're window has gone. How does 5-11 sound? Giants? Done. Lions? Bored with them.

Browns? No Josh Gordon will make it tough to improve, even though I think JF will be better than most think. Bengals? Trending down. Dolphins? They seem to choke when they need that must-win. Raiders? Can a team really never improve? Yes.

Here we go:

NFC EAST: Eagles, Redskins, Giants, Cowboys.
NFC SOUTH: Saints, Bucs*, Falcons, Panthers
NFC NORTH: Bears, Packers*, Vikings, Lions
NFC WEST: Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams

* wild-card team

NFC Championship: Saints over Eagles

AFC EAST: Pats, Bills*, Jets, Dolphins
AFC SOUTH: Colts, Jags, Texans, Titans
AFC NORTH: Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns
AFC WEST: Broncos, Chargers*, Chiefs, Raiders

* Wild-card team

AFC Championship: Broncos over Steelers

SUPER BOWL: Broncos over Saints

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-03-2014

Thank you

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-04-2014

(09-03-2014, 09:49 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: NFC EAST: Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys
NFC SOUTH: Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Bucs
NFC NORTH: Packers, Bears*, Vikings, Lions
NFC WEST: Seahawks, Cardinals*, 49ers, Rams

AFC EAST: Pats, Jets, Dolphins, Bills.
AFC SOUTH: Colts, Jags, Texans, Titans
AFC NORTH: Bengals, Ravens*, Browns, Steelers
AFC WEST: Broncos, Chargers*, Chiefs, Raiders
Edited for my predictions.
The Bucs have improved, especially on D, but the Panthers don't fall that far with a good D and Cam. Matt Ryan rebounds with Julio Jones back in the mix. Should be a good division this year. Redskins have looked TERRIBLE but the Cowboy's defense could apply for a federal bailout at this point. Jags should develop pretty well, but a weak division is the best chance they have.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-04-2014

Crash, are you aware that your Packers are playing tonight?