Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-05-2014

Sure was nice collecting on a small wager with a Packer-Backer after last nights game.

I even spotted the guy 14 pts ( the real line was 6).

Seahawks look good again.

Can they repeat?

I hope not.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-05-2014

I was more than a little surprised at the difference in the score. I thought it would be way closer.

(09-05-2014, 07:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I was more than a little surprised at the difference in the score. I thought it would be way closer.

It probably should have been a little closer.

However, if you go back and look at the scores for the defending Super Bowl champ when they open AT HOME on Thursday night, they're almost always a blowout.

I love analyzing trends, especially if I can make a little cash.

Do you know anything about how Washington is coming along? I've only really paid attention to what the Giants are up to.

Well, I expect RGIII to be healthier this season, which should translate to better offensive performances.

If they can get Jackson to play with a chip on his shoulder, they could be an offensive juggernaut.

Defensively, I'm not sure they upgraded enough to scare Philly, but I do expect them to finish 2nd in the East.

I sure hope we get THAT tied up in a timely fashion. I do not want it to come down to the last game like it did last year. What a game that was though.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-06-2014

(09-05-2014, 07:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
Do you know anything about how Washington is coming along? I've only really paid attention to what the Giants are up to.
Washington has look like fried petrified feces in the preseason.

Literally people were talking about Cousins looking better to start the season.

I don't agree with that, and I think they'll pull it together, but their starting defense looked better than their starting offense.

For a more objective review:
RGIII - 1320 for 141 yards. 0 TDs 2 INTs. 112 yards against Cleveland.
Desean Jackson - 2 catches for 34 yards. Both against Cleveland. 0 TDs.
Pierre Garcon - 2 catches for 4 yards. 0 TDs.
Andre Roberts - 3 catches for 60 yards (Long 49). 54 yards against Cleveland. 0 TDs.
Jordan Reed - 3 catches, 27 yards. 20 against Cleveland. 0 TDs.
Alfred Morris - 22 rushes, 85 yards. 0 TDs.

They had decent success against Cleveland. Otherwise they've looked like shit.

Eagles for Comparison.
Maclin - 7 catches for 58 yards, 0 touchdowns. Cooper - 3 catches, 28 yards, 0 TDs. Jordan Matthews - 15 catchs, 134 yards, 0 TDs.
Nick Foles - 3348 for 304 yards. 2 TDs, 3 INTs. Celek - 4 rec, 86 yards, 0 TDs. Ertz - 8 Rec, 110 yds, 1 TD. McCoy - 11 rushes, 43 yards. 0 TDs.

So really, maybe I'm biased... but Foles has looked way better than RGIII.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-07-2014

Game Day! Game Day! It's finally here! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

Fly Eagles Fly

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-08-2014

As you know there is a doubleheader tonight, other than that the first week is in the books and people are losing their minds already.

This from a sports reporter at the Chicago Tribune -

"and so ends the Bears 2014 season".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who saw the Cowboys/Niners game know the Cowboys got their asses handed to them -

This from Skip Bayless - "from what I saw today I really like the Cowboys chances of winning the NFC East"

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-08-2014

Tony Romo looked as pathetic as an NFL quarterback could look yesterday.

He made decisions that rookies wouldn't make.

If was a Cowboys fan, I'd hang it up.

They're looking at. 3-13 season.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-08-2014

I watched that game. It felt like every time I turned around the 'Niners were in the end zone.

I didn't see the Washington game but I've read a little about it.

Looking forward to the Giants game tonight. Go Detroit!

I'm trying not to read too much into any of the games. It's the first game of the season. I didn't expect my team to be so sucky in the first half but I am not ready to hang it up. People are saying some outlandish bullshit about almost every game. They look insane to me.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-08-2014

I didn't see the Redskins highlights, but WTF?

RGIII was back in Texas. I expected him to play well.

Gotta say I was very surprised when the Jags were up 17-0. Looks like Philly rebounded well.

My Vikes? What a nice ho-hum rout of a very mediocre club, but I'll take it.

The real test is this week when New England comes to town and they're desperate for a win.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-09-2014

Eagles scored 34 points. The rest of the NFCE scored 37 points combined.
Eagles gave up 17 points. Rest of NFCE gave up 26.67 points on avg.
The first half was Nick Foles looking like an uncertain/unprepared rookie and Cary Williams letting up huge passing plays to an UDFA... but the defense overall that first half and special teams especially kept the Eagles in the game. The Jags had 1 missed FG, one blocked FG, and 1 FG. That's 18 possible points prevented by the D. Those points are the difference between a win and loss. The second half... the Jags D was tired from the Eagles pace. They got opened up on. Sadly enough... Foles' down and up performance was the best from the NFCE this week.

The Vikes did well. Patterson is a real weapon. Of course as an Eagles fan, I'm aware of their ability to match up from last year, but Zimmer is a good coach. He'll definitely have them improving in coming years. The Pats game will be as good a litmus test for their true potential as the Colts game will be for my birds. Good times.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-09-2014

I thought Nick looked as crappy as he did in the first Dallas game last season. It's my hope that he bounces back in the same fashion. I musta said what...the...fuck...a zillion times.

I have some real concerns about the loss of Evan and no Lane Johnson. I sure hope Coach Kelly has a brilliant approach to their absence.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 06:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I have some real concerns about the loss of Evan and no Lane Johnson. I sure hope Coach Kelly has a brilliant approach to their absence.
Yeah, Barbre (who replaced Johnson) was injured too. Tobin was the primary backup and already dealing with an ankle injury, wasn't active last week.

The o-line is in deep trouble.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-09-2014

I'm the king of the NFC East. *flexes*

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-10-2014

(09-09-2014, 07:25 AM)Cutz Wrote: The o-line is in deep trouble.

Was Evan & the other guy injured before we got the 34 points? I can't recall and I'm starting to become filled with angst when thinking about MNF. I'd rather feel excited.

RE: NFL 2014 - cruehead - 09-10-2014

the eagles beat the jags....don't get to excited