Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-10-2014

I'm not excited, I'm too worried about my O-line :(

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-11-2014

(09-10-2014, 12:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 07:25 AM)Cutz Wrote: The o-line is in deep trouble.

Was Evan & the other guy injured before we got the 34 points? I can't recall and I'm starting to become filled with angst when thinking about MNF. I'd rather feel excited.

Yes. Mathis and Barbre were injured late first half iirc.

Not injured early enough to excuse poor play by Foles, but not injured late enough that they were part of the turn around.

"Both Barbre and Mathis were injured in the first half as the Eagles went into halftime trailing 17-0 to the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Eagles posted a 34-point second-half comeback with backup center David Molk playing left guard, a position he said he hadn't practiced at all summer, and Andrew Gardner, who played mostly at left tackle during the preseason, filling in for Barbre at right tackle."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11487781/allen-barbre-philadelphia-eagles-high-ankle-sprain

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 10:02 AM)Cutz Wrote: Not injured early enough to excuse poor play by Foles,

I'm not oblivious to Nick's faults & I wouldn't blame others for his miserable performance. That was so difficult to watch. I spent a lot of the first half muttering WTF with my head in my hands. It was awful.

well, there's blaming and there's accepting. If Mathis and Barbre go down early and there's tons of pressure on Foles... he'll get happy feet and flustered, his mechanics will suffer, and he'll look bad. 2012 was a bad year partly because of O-line injuries. So there's excuses and there's reasons.

But that's not how it went. Foles had time and held the ball too long on a lot of plays. He's just not a guy that can get much with his legs if all the receivers are covered. He won't look to run. Plus there were open receivers he missed. Just a bad game for him. I'm not worried tho, he's still young and developing.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-14-2014

I just listened to a journalist from Sports Illustrated Now, her name is Maggie Gray. She said she wanted to take a minute and depart from reporting sports to talk about her personal feelings regarding Ray Rice/ Adrian Peterson. Right away that was a big WTF to me. She's a reporter, report the fuckin' sports, you ridiculous twat. She went on to say she is questioning her career path due to reporting NFL news this past week. It's my opinion that reporters report news in an unbiased manner, there is no room for personal feelings/opinions. How does her employer allow her this? You don't see men making that kind of statement. Stupid female. She has now joined the ranks of Howard Eskin & Skip Bayless in my mind.

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 09-14-2014

(09-04-2014, 12:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Crash, are you aware that your Packers are playing tonight?

I was, but I didn't get to watch it. Been an absolute crazy week/s with work atm. I read a bit about it, it wasn't pretty apparently..

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-14-2014

Back to reality for the Vikes today.

We took the opening kickoff and moved right down the field ultimately scoring a TD. Man, it looked easy. NE punted on their first series and things looked great.

Then on a 2nd and 16 from our 25, Cassel tried to throw a post route deep down the middle. It was intercepted at the Pats 40 and somehow the guy gets up and returns it to our 1 yd line. 2 plays later it's 7-7, and whatever momentum we had was gone.

Without Adrian Peterson, the offense had absolutely nothing (after that opening drive).

Brady wasn't spectacular, but didn't make any mistakes. I think Cassel ended up with 4 INT's.

Back to the drawing board.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-15-2014

I had to backspace through everything I wrote about the Giants. I'm feelin' a little superstitious on gameday.

Go Eagles!

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-15-2014

(09-14-2014, 09:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Back to reality for the Vikes today.
We took the opening kickoff and moved right down the field ultimately scoring a TD. Man, it looked easy. NE punted on their first series and things looked great.
Then on a 2nd and 16 from our 25, Cassel tried to throw a post route deep down the middle. It was intercepted at the Pats 40 and somehow the guy gets up and returns it to our 1 yd line. 2 plays later it's 7-7, and whatever momentum we had was gone.
Without Adrian Peterson, the offense had absolutely nothing (after that opening drive).
Brady wasn't spectacular, but didn't make any mistakes. I think Cassel ended up with 4 INT's.
Back to the drawing board.
You know, when you think the Vikes had almost 40 passing attempts and 15-20 rushing attempts... you would think I'd be happy owning cordarelle patterson in fantasy.

But when Cassel threw to the TE and RB for more completions and almost as many yards each... with the lone TD going to Asiata... Patterson was a wasted spot for me today. Cassel is like Jekyll and Hyde, he has games he's lights out and games he blows. They need to work Bridgewater in there.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-16-2014

After last nights game I've come to the conclusion this might be the year I lose my mind completely. I'm old, so old this morning. They be killin' me.

King of the NFC East 19

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-19-2014

So filled with angst. Oh gods.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-19-2014

[Image: Hideyokidz.png]

Fricken Big Ben. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 09-19-2014

What do you call a Ravens Jersey with no sleeves? A Ray Rice.

The NFL forced Ray Rice into a contract with the cowballs, because the cowballs don't beat ANYBODY!

RE: NFL 2014 - FAHQTOO - 09-19-2014

Roger Goodell is on the boobtube right now. Breaking news.

I ran right out of the room without giving thought to the tv right behind me. Jesus.

RE: NFL 2014 - FAHQTOO - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I ran right out of the room without giving thought to the tv right behind me. Jesus.

Hahaha...

(09-19-2014, 03:19 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Roger Goodell is on the boobtube right now. Breaking news.
Blah, blah, fucking blah. Dude's trying to save his job. Reactive vs proactive approach is as clear as the nose on his fat ugly lying ass face.

(09-19-2014, 03:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

LOOK!!! Shiney things! hah