Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-19-2014

I think what gets a little lost in all of the complaints and comments being made by everyone from soccer moms to Governors is that Roger Goodell answers to no one but the owners and they remain firmly by his side in support. I don't see him going anywhere.

RE: NFL 2014 - FAHQTOO - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 03:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I think what gets a little lost in all of the complaints and comments being made by everyone from soccer moms to Governors is that Roger Goodell answers to no one but the owners and they remain firmly by his side in support. I don't see him going anywhere.

I didn't watch it. I'm tired of hearing about it. I just noticed he was on the tube and wanted you to know.

(09-19-2014, 04:04 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I didn't watch it. I'm tired of hearing about it. I just noticed he was on the tube and wanted you to know.

I didn't watch it all but I was glad you gave me a heads up. Smiley_emoticons_smile

A lot of people have been waiting for him to address what is going on but once I saw it was basically an attempt at placating everyone I stopped.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 03:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Time will tell. I don't think he's bullet proof. NFL owners will side with public opinion in the end because they're the ones putting asses in the seats and buying jerseys and such.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-19-2014

Yeah, but really what puppet are they gonna shove in his place that's gonna be any better? I mean, seriously, do people expect an improvement? Nobody in that position actually works.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 05:21 PM)Cutz Wrote: Yeah, but really what puppet are they gonna shove in his place that's gonna be any better? I mean, seriously, do people expect an improvement? Nobody in that position actually works.
Agreed, but functionality isn't the issue here. The mob wants a lamb to slaughter.

Maybe they all should turn their attention to their own communities & women's shelters and lend a helping hand there if they want to do something. Tens of thousands of domestic violence calls go unanswered because there are not enough resources. They want to help, they can volunteer some of their precious free time instead of bitching. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I like Hot D's solution for this the best.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 09-20-2014

I get that they want a lamb to slaughter... but it's a business' personnel decisions. I get that Ray Rice was d-bag, but it's not like the commish is in charge of arresting him and sending him to football prison. If people are mad, they should be throwing ish at LE, not his workplace.

This shit all got so much focus cause ten thousand idiot fans went "Omg Josh Gordon got a year suspension for smokin weed and Ray Rice knocked out his fiancee and got 2 games." That's a brain dead argument.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-20-2014

The CEO and his boardroom -

[Image: manning-storyimage-960.jpg]

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 09-22-2014

I want to beat the fuck out of Chris Baker. I want to jump on his back and pummel him to the ground. If he were white I'd still be calling him a nigger because that's how he acts. POS. Filthy Redskin.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 06:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I want to beat the fuck out of Chris Baker. I want to jump on his back and pummel him to the ground. If he were white I'd still be calling him a nigger because that's how he acts. POS. Filthy Redskin.
The game wasn't shown here, so I had to track it on my phone. Highlights looked pretty awesome. One question... Will Kelce start next week in San Fran???

(09-22-2014, 11:26 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: One question... Will Kelce start next week in San Fran???

I'm hooked up for immediate alerts from the Eagles site so just as soon as I know something I'll post it here. I'm anxiously waiting. Smiley_emoticons_slash

(09-22-2014, 11:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-22-2014, 11:26 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: One question... Will Kelce start next week in San Fran???

I'm hooked up for immediate alerts from the Eagles site so just as soon as I know something I'll post it here. I'm anxiously waiting. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Thanks Duchess. We're going to need him against that 9ers front line. Overall, running the ball on the 9ers is pretty hard to do, but Foles showed yesterday he can win with his arm.

Howard Eskin has tweeted that Jason has some sort of hernia injury that requires surgery and that Jason could be out for a couple months. Having said that, I don't respect Howard, not a wit so I'm going to wait on hearing something from another source, one that I trust.

Coach Kelly has confirmed Jason will have sports hernia surgery. No timetable for his return. He said he has no level of concern just tell him who he has to play so we can go out and play.

(09-22-2014, 02:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Coach Kelly has confirmed Jason will have sports hernia surgery. No timetable for his return. He said he has no level of concern just tell him who he has to play so we can go out and play.

That's 2 weeks. Damn...

If it's 2 weeks I'm pretty damn happy then. I saw 2 months mentioned but not by anyone who would know for certain.

My o-line. My precious o-line. Wah.

There are some positives so I'm going to try to think about what we have, not about what we don't.

(09-22-2014, 02:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

If it's 2 weeks I'm pretty damn happy then. I saw 2 months mentioned but not by anyone who would know for certain.

My o-line. My precious o-line. Wah.

There are some positives so I'm going to try to think about what we have, not about what we don't.
If it's a severe hernia, the procedure involves more stitches and time to heal, but in general, 2-3 weeks is the average. Stitches disolve in week 1, and weeks 2-3 is incision heal time and rehab.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 09-22-2014

What a great story that just aired on Monday Night Countdown about NY Jets TE David Nelson and the work he's doing in Haiti with orphans.

I'm such a softy it brought a tear to my eye.

The NFL needs more of these stories.

I like player stories. I always find them interesting.

Do you ever watch A Football Life, MS?