Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-02-2014

I'm going to put this here because we don't really have a sports forum per se.

I think this is a brilliant idea. It sounds fun & interesting if I understand it correctly. Have you heard that Derek Jeter has started a website called, The Players' Tribune? This is what he says about it -

Introducing The Players’ Tribune, a new media platform that will present the unfiltered voices of professional athletes, bringing fans closer to the games they love than ever before. Founded by Derek Jeter, The Players’ Tribune aims to provide unique insight into the daily sports conversation and to publish first-person stories directly from athletes. From video to podcasts to player polls and written pieces, The Tribune will strive to be “The Voice of the Game.”

I've read that it will develop into a forum like atmosphere where Members can communicate with the player. I sure hope I'm understanding that correctly.

It's very small right now, pretty much empty but I don't expect that to last long at all. Russell Wilson is the senior editor and his first piece is posted there. I'll post the link for those of you interested -

The Players' Tribune

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 10-02-2014

This is why it sucks to be a Vikings fan.

50+ years of disappointments and letdowns

Just when we think we have a good thing going (Teddy B) he's injured to the extent that Christian Ponder actually has to make an emergency start.

I bet 99% of Vikes fans thought Ponder would never see the field again sporting the purple and gold.

Alas, the life of a Vikings fan.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 08:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: This is why it sucks to be a Vikings fan.

50+ years of disappointments and letdowns

Just when we think we have a good thing going (Teddy B) he's injured to the extent that Christian Ponder actually has to make an emergency start.

I bet 99% of Vikes fans thought Ponder would never see the field again sporting the purple and gold.

Alas, the life of a Vikings fan.
What alternate NFL universe is this? Vikes d can't stop the run?

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 10-02-2014

I FUCKING hate losing to the Packers!!!!!!!!!

That's how I feel about losing to the Giants. it sucks in a major way.

(10-02-2014, 08:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I FUCKING hate losing to the Packers!!!!!!!!!
It's not looking good my friend.

(10-02-2014, 09:12 PM)Duchess Wrote: That's how I feel about losing to the Giants. it sucks in a major way.
shhh. We play them in 2 eeeks.

I know. I'll suffer from beginning to end. I don't know how I can love something that makes me so miserable sometimes.

Wheels are coming off. Sorry MS. If Teddy was in there I don't think it'd be the same outcome.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 09:56 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Wheels are coming off. Sorry MS. If Teddy was in there I don't think it'd be the same outcome.

Yeah... there's something to be said about a game where your starting QB, backup/future QB, and starting TE are all injured in addition to having the second best RB in the league on suspension/off field issues.

The defense got hung out to dry by those interceptions.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-02-2014

And Cordarelle Bumerson gets another 0.80 fantasy points. That's why you're on my bench, ya bum! BUMMMMMMM! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

RE: NFL 2014 - cruehead - 10-03-2014

losing to the eagles, giants, or skins equally sucks

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 06:15 AM)cruehead Wrote: losing to the eagles, giants, or skins equally sucks

I hate losing, it's one of the biggest sucks of my life but to lose a division game is the absolute worst. It brings out the worst in me, makes me hateful and mean and then I get disgusted with myself because it is only a game after all. To lose to any of those 3 teams is crushing to me :(

RE: NFL 2014 - cruehead - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 06:21 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 06:15 AM)cruehead Wrote: losing to the eagles, giants, or skins equally sucks

I hate losing, it's one of the biggest sucks of my life but to lose a division game is the absolute worst. It brings out the worst in me, makes me hateful and mean and then I get disgusted with myself because it is only a game after all. To lose to any of those 3 teams is crushing to me :(
yup me to. gotta leave me alone for a couple hrs after a loss lol. smoke helps

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-03-2014

I'd rather lose to those crappy Rams this weekend than to the Giants in 9 days. Goddamn Giants fans are insufferable.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-03-2014

For some reason, losing to the skins doesn't seem bother me as much as the other two do.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-03-2014

Oh man, I was up in the nosebleeds, but I even had Patriots fans laughing at my rags on Patrick Chung. It started with just every time KC had a big play, I'd say, "Patrick Chung on the coverage." Or "Patrick Chung misses the tackle," in my best announcer voice. Then when Charles had his TD, I said, "Jamaal Charles makes Walter Payton look like Patrick Chung." That got a couple chuckles. My best of the night was "Patrick Chung is the worst thing to happen to Asia since the Tsunami of 2004."

Then in the 4th quarter, Chung returned a kickoff, and I said, "Patrick Chung injured on the return." Then the actual announcer came on and said, "Chung on the return." Couple people laughed at that, and then when the Pats were on defense again, I noticed Chung was on the sideline. Ruined my fun. So we left.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-04-2014

After the Eagles/Redskins game Chris Baker tweets - this is a grown man sport, play till the whistle. In response Evan Mathis tweets, noted!

Hehehe

Won't their next game together be interesting. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 10-06-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:05 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: First full day of training camp here. I'm getting more and more excited about Coach Zimmer. North Turner and Teddy Bridgewater will lead the Vikes to the NFC North championship.

(10-02-2014, 08:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I FUCKING hate losing to the Packers!!!!!!!!!

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 10-06-2014

Crash, you guys have Aaron Rodgers.

Let me be very clear.

He is the ONLY reason the Pack is the division favorite. If he goes down, it's anybody's division to win, including the Vikes, and now we're trying to adjust on the fly without AP.

All that being said, GB is 3-2 and Minny is 2-3. Bridgewater should be healthy next week and I still like our chances.