Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 03:51 AM)Cutz Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's being reported that it's an MCL sprain and he could be out 2-3 weeks. It doesn't appear to be a long term injury.

I'm so proud of my team battling through the adversity week after week. Good teams find a way to win. It was completely awesome to watch the stars align last night. I can't wait to do it again!
I hope that's true. They aren't always on the up n up with the high dollar players.
I don't doubt the validity of the MCL sprain... Chip said that in his presser. The duration is entirely up to debate. Could be he's back for Zona, could be week 10... who knows. Chip says it's week to week and up to the med staff. Really Chip never gives much info on injuries, we're just used to the old Andy days. They reported Kendricks was a minor injury and he's been gone weeks.

Herremans was in the lineup the whole time tho. He was never down. He was playing Right Tackle against the 9ers I think... but Lane Johnson came back week 5. The O-line against the Rams and against the giants was the same as far as I know. Herremans was never on the injury report. Kelce and Mathis are both still out, hope to return week 10.

LT - Peters (only missed Washington from ejection)
LG - Tobin (returned from ankle injury week 4)
C - Molk (took over for Kelce week 3)
RG - Herremans (short stint week 4 as RT, but otherwise all RG)
RT - Lane Johnson (Returned from PED suspension week 5)
Chips presser was hilarious.hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-14-2014

(10-14-2014, 03:51 AM)Cutz Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's being reported that it's an MCL sprain and he could be out 2-3 weeks. It doesn't appear to be a long term injury.

I'm so proud of my team battling through the adversity week after week. Good teams find a way to win. It was completely awesome to watch the stars align last night. I can't wait to do it again!
I hope that's true. They aren't always on the up n up with the high dollar players.
I don't doubt the validity of the MCL sprain... Chip said that in his presser. The duration is entirely up to debate. Could be he's back for Zona, could be week 10... who knows. Chip says it's week to week and up to the med staff. Really Chip never gives much info on injuries, we're just used to the old Andy days. They reported Kendricks was a minor injury and he's been gone weeks.

Herremans was in the lineup the whole time tho. He was never down. He was playing Right Tackle against the 9ers I think... but Lane Johnson came back week 5. The O-line against the Rams and against the giants was the same as far as I know. Herremans was never on the injury report. Kelce and Mathis are both still out, hope to return week 10.

LT - Peters (only missed Washington from ejection)
LG - Tobin (returned from ankle injury week 4)
C - Molk (took over for Kelce week 3)
RG - Herremans (short stint week 4 as RT, but otherwise all RG)
RT - Lane Johnson (Returned from PED suspension week 5)
Some talking head on ESPN stated that Peters was the only starter left on the line after Kelce got hurt. Guess he was talking about a starter in his starting roll.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-15-2014

(10-14-2014, 01:20 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Some talking head on ESPN stated that Peters was the only starter left on the line after Kelce got hurt. Guess he was talking about a starter in his starting roll.
Heh, actually the only starter left was Herremans... cause Peters got ejected that game. No lie, the Eagles have had 11 different O-lineman play in games this season.

11. That's like playing an entire line of backups... then a backup gets hurt and you bring in a 3rd string.

Here's my question tho... How is Bennie Logan listed at 315 lbs and Beau Allen listed at 333? Bennie looks taller, thicker, and wider. Beau must have a lot of muscle mass.
[Image: Bz27-GSCIAA1cjc.jpg:large]

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-15-2014

I saw that kid sitting in the tub with Connor. His arms are as big as my head.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-17-2014

Isn't it a little early in the season to be declaring teams dead or Super Bowl bound?

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-17-2014

(10-17-2014, 12:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Isn't it a little early in the season to be declaring teams dead or Super Bowl bound?
Superbowl bound... yes. Dead... No.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-17-2014

It's a numbers game. It's way early, but the Jags and Jets are pretty screwed. 0-6 and 1-6 respectively, the Jags would have to go at least 8-2 over the remaining games to hit the playoffs, Jets go 7-2. And that's just to be 8-8 which only like 9 teams since 1970 have made the playoffs at 8-8. The Seahawks did make the playoffs at 7-9 in 2010, which is the record and only team to ever do so, but they only made the playoffs because every other team in the div. was worse (crazy how 4 years changes huh.)

Anyway... as BG said, you can probably knock the Raider / Jags / Jets / Bucs / Redskins / and Rams off the playoffs list... but most of those teams you could have written off preseason. No team can ever be called SB bound. Even predictions of such aren't legit until you see how the team plays in December.

Demarco Murry did not practise with the team due to an undisclosed illness... Ebola?

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 10-17-2014

I'm really hoping S.D. kicks Denver's ass this week.

I think it's the hair. hah

[Image: Bz27-GSCIAA1cjc.jpg:large]

I'm saving this pic!! And its not because of their "packages" Sally.Strangle

Ha! That was from picture day. Even that was up-tempo. Coach Kelly made a wisecrack about the time it was taking and said just take the picture it's not like it's going to hang in the museum and damned if Museum of Art didn't tweet the Philadelphia Eagles team picture hanging in the museum, said they were a fan. I loved that!

I hate the players that have an attitude about how great they are. There are many out there that are quite normal and don't have a chip on their shoulders. Hooray for humanity.

(10-17-2014, 01:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: I hate the players that have an attitude about how great they are.

That would be those stinkin' New York Giants. Some ran their mouth leading up to our game last Sunday, we shut them up but good. Hehehe

Yesterday I saw Vick putting on his helmet getting ready to go in as a replacement. But...........he took it back off pretty fast. hah

(10-17-2014, 01:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yesterday I saw Vick putting on his helmet getting ready to go in as a replacement. But...........he took it back off pretty fast. hah
I don't understand why the Jets aren't using him on options. He's still one of the fastest men in the NFL. While we're on the subject of not using players to their full potential, what's up with the skins not using Djax on punt returns? Especially against the Giants? WTF? Guess they never got the miracle in the meadowlands memo? hah

Percy Harvin is on his way to the Jets. The Seahawks traded him for a draft pick this afternoon.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-18-2014

WHAT!?!

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-18-2014

Yeah. That was my reaction.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-18-2014

OMG. That's insane. That actually pisses me off on several levels.

March 2013 - Seahawks traded '13 First/Seventh, plus a '14 Third for Harvin. Signed a huge deal, year later they trade him away. From what I see, as high as a 2nd or as low as a 4th. Huge waste of resources on the part of the Seahawks, which bothers me to start. Why are they trading him? Apparently he's not a 'locker-room' guy.

Why it pisses me off - the Eagles tried to trade DJax in March of 2014, nobody was willing to give up a pick and pay his contract. The Jets have offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg who worked with DJax for years in Philly. DJax was set to make 10M in 2014 under his contract. Percy Harvin is set to make 11M under his contract. Harvin is 26, 5'11, and ran a 4.41. DJax is 27, 5'10, and ran a 4.35. Why the FUCK did the Jets wait until they were 1-6 to acquire another WR? DJax could have been had ON THE CHEAP before he got cut. Seriously, you could have offered the Eagles a 5th rounder and they'd have taken it. Then maybe you actually have an offense. You reunite DJax with Marty and Vick, and for the Eagles, they don't have to hear all the divisional bullshit about the redskins and get another player in camp 2014. Sigh.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-19-2014

I've been reading and hearing a lot about that trade. If it can be believed he was a lil' bitch. I heard he nailed a teammate, had trouble fitting in and that last week in the game against Dallas he refused to go back out onto the field. There's way more but those things stuck in my mind.

I saw Jim Kelly along the sidelines up at the Buffalo game. He looks great! That was wonderful to see.

Peyton should break Brett's record today. Go Peyton!

...and Go Go Giants!

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 10-19-2014

Believe me, when the Vikes traded Harvin we knew there had to be A LOT going on behind the scenes.

We put him on IR in the 2012 season, and we were headed to the playoffs, all because of a sprained ankle that 'just wouldn't heal'?

You don't do that unless something big is happening. He's a super dynamic player, but he's a real locker-room problem.