Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-19-2014

This kinda reminds me of when we got rid of DeSean.

RE: NFL 2014 - blueberryhill - 10-19-2014

For the record, Go Broncos!!

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-19-2014

Those fuckin' New York Giants. The_Villagers

I'm rooting for Denver too, BH!

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 10-19-2014

(10-19-2014, 07:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm rooting for Denver too, BH!

WTF? Guns

I'm not surprised but this still hurts. Crying-into-tissue

We'll see if the 49'ers can pull off a miracle in the second half.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-19-2014

I have a lot of respect for the 9ers... but Denver is America's Team.

RE: NFL 2014 - blueberryhill - 10-20-2014

I lived in Denver area when Elway was the star of Football and we went to two Super Bowls in a row. I have been a fan since having moved there in 1994. At the time, most of my grandchildren were very young and I bought Bronco logo clothes for them. Well, most of my family lives in Kansas and such, are Kansas City Chiefs fans so son wouldn't let kids wear Bronco stuff. For Christmas he gave me Chiefs sweat shirt. I kept it to wear when I cleaned, painted, cleaned up dog poop, etc. and I still have it to use when I have dirty job to do.
Congrats to Peyton! Well done...509!

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-20-2014

Chiefs won today too.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-20-2014

(10-19-2014, 09:46 PM)username Wrote: We'll see if the 49'ers can pull off a miracle in the second half.

Nope. Ha Ha.

You pulled a gun on me. Fight like a woman, George. [Image: fight.gif]

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 10-20-2014

Watching QB's play is very interesting to me.

For instance yesterday a young Teddy Bridgewater (now with 1 career passing TD) was able to identify single coverage (no safety help) just a handful of times. He even completed a couple of those passes.

Watching Peyton is a joy. He somehow can identify which of his receivers will have single coverage almost immediately at the line of scrimmage, thus making him very dangerous.

He's surgical out there.

I've never been a huge fan of his, but if anyone 'deserves' another SB title, it'd be him.

I think Peyton is the greatest QB of all time, he's brilliant. It's difficult to swallow that his brother has more SB wins than he does. It boggles the mind as I don't believe Eli is on his level in any way.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 10:43 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Watching QB's play is very interesting to me.

For instance yesterday a young Teddy Bridgewater (now with 1 career passing TD) was able to identify single coverage (no safety help) just a handful of times. He even completed a couple of those passes.

Watching Peyton is a joy. He somehow can identify which of his receivers will have single coverage almost immediately at the line of scrimmage, thus making him very dangerous.

He's surgical out there.
I've never been a huge fan of his, but if anyone 'deserves' another SB title, it'd be him.
Made his round of high fives after breaking the record and immediately sat down to study the D in photos. Straight up businessman. Much respect.

(10-20-2014, 02:04 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Made his round of high fives after breaking the record and immediately sat down to study the D in photos. Straight up businessman. Much respect.

I saw him immediately after tying the record and he did the same thing. It was just another day at the office. He is too cool, he da man.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 10-20-2014

Bob Costas had an interview with him before the game and the two of them were talking about the QB's who have held the passing TD's record at one time or another.

They got to Dsn Marino and Peyton said that Marino had always been his favorite QB prior to getting into the NFL. He told Bob that he always has a 'favorite QB', even now. Currently it's his brother. Wow.

As Duchess mentioned its so hard to believe that Eli has 2 SB's and Peyton just 1. Peyton is so much better, but that just shows you that the most talented QB doesn't always win.

(10-20-2014, 06:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Bob Costas had an interview with him before the game and the two of them were talking about the QB's who have held the passing TD's record at one time or another.

I read a little about that interview. Peyton didn't really want to do it, he doesn't like talking about himself or his accomplishments so before he agreed he asked if they could do the interview that you just described and it was agreed to. He's such a class act, very humble and never forgets to thank those around him. One day he will be a Super Bowl winning coach.

RE: NFL 2014 - FAHQTOO - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 06:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 06:30 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Bob Costas had an interview with him before the game and the two of them were talking about the QB's who have held the passing TD's record at one time or another.

One day he will be a Super Bowl winning coach.

For the Colts...that's where his heart is.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-21-2014

I am skeptical that Payton will do more than ride off into the sunset when he hangs up his cleats.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-21-2014

Peyton is the best QB in the NFL and possibly all-time, but another record he broke of Brett Farve's was playoff losses. Peyton leads NFL history in playoff losses with 11W-12L. Brett had 13W-11L. Those years with the Colts, losing in the playoffs to Brady is what built Tom's legacy. His control of offensive scheme is what makes him so good, but it also puts a lot of the blame for losses on his shoulder. That shitshow in the last SB was the most egregious example of his nerves getting the better of him. Still a tremendous QB tho.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 10-21-2014

Coach Kelly & Nick were mic'ed up for the game against the Giants and I've been watching/listening to some of it. Mark Sanchez eating chicken tenders, Coach Kelly raggin' on a ref, Nick pissed about Darren being injured and confronting a ref about why there was no flag, etc. It's fun & interesting stuff if anyone is interested.

FX

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 10-23-2014

Is it just me or does Rivers look like a neanderthal bitch?

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-24-2014

Every time I've seen Rivers on camera he looks mad. As if he just found out his wife was cheating on him kinda mad. I don't think he gets that it's endearing only for successful QBs to be mad at their coaches or WRs.