Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 10-31-2014

Idunno if I'd call this our trap game coming off a loss to Arizona. If we beat the Packers I could see the Titans as our trap game.

(10-30-2014, 10:48 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-29-2014, 11:09 PM)Cutz Wrote: his best receptions he was wide open... anything in traffic he dropped.
He's had a great career. But he is getting up there. Can't lie... It wouldn't bother me at all to never hear the words "Witten in the middle for another first down."hah
completely agree.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 11-02-2014

RGIII in da house today.

Last time we faced him he killed us, however, Coach Zimmer has really turned our D around.

I like Griffin and hope he stays healthy.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-02-2014

I saw it snowing its ass off at Gillette Stadium. My favorite game ever took place in the snow. So fun & exciting.

I'd rather face RG3 than his 3rd backup. I hope he stays healthy too. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 11-02-2014

A lot of blowouts today.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 11-03-2014

Yeah, Foles blew out his shoulder, Demeco Ryans blew out his Achilles, Todd Herremans blew out his ankle, and Daniel Boone and Warren G Harding blew out their birthday candles.

(10-25-2014, 06:30 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 01:15 AM)Cutz Wrote: Dallas will fold like a house of cards.

Promise? Promise me that!

See what a difference 8 days make? Dallas is unwanted lawn furniture.

When the winter hits... they're left out in the cold.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-03-2014

This morning I'm grateful to have Mark Sanchez. Had I seen that Barkley kid go out on to the field I probably would have turned off the tv.

What the hell is up with Peyton vs Tom Brady? How can he play flawless football and the minute he's up against Tom it all falls apart. Jesus. Even when he loses to him I still feel like he is the better player.

I'm not prepared to write Dallas off. I'd be a lot more comfortable if we had a few more wins than them.

My team, my poor, patched together team. Sometimes I feel like they are walking under a black cloud. Kudos to them all, they still manage to get it done.

(11-03-2014, 06:48 AM)Duchess Wrote:
What the hell is up with Peyton vs Tom Brady?

I'm not prepared to write Dallas off. I'd be a lot more comfortable if we had a few more wins than them.

I warned ya. Peyton is kind of a choke artist and Tom Brady is clutch. All the clutchness in the Manning family somehow found its way into Eli, who sucks balls as a QB often, but put him in the pressure cooker of SBs and he performs.

I'm not writing Dallas off. They've just beaten a bunch of mediocre teams (and Seattle) and everyone crowns them the best team in the NFL. They're not.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 11-03-2014

I only caught the final half hour of the 49ers game yesterday. Disappointing last few plays.

I still love Kaepernick, though. Hope we play better in the next couple of away games.

P.s. miss your posts in the other sub-forums, Cutz -- hope all's well and you had a good vacation.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 11-04-2014

wasn't much of a vacation, I flew into Baltimore for the weekend and my nephew's christening. My flight Friday night was delayed 3 hours... got to my Sis's house at like 3am. Flew out Sunday night... got home at 2am. Had an exam yesterday and an exam tomorrow. Hopefully once all that's done... I can get back to posting more. So far, no signs of Ebola.

BTW, Eagles signed Safety Chris Prosinski to the active roster (over both Jordan Kovacks and 5th round pick Ed Reynolds on the PS) and put Meco on IR. They also signed Kenjon Barner to the PS after Jordan Kovacks, S, got signed off it by Miami.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 11-05-2014

And the word on the street is that Herremans is gonna have season-ending bicep surgery.

That will put my Eagles expected tally of Starters games missed at about 40. That's 10 more games missed from starters compared to last year already.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-05-2014

(11-05-2014, 01:23 AM)Cutz Wrote: And the word on the street is that Herremans is gonna have season-ending bicep surgery.

He confirmed it himself. It's said he waited until Evan was back before he made arrangements for that.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 11-05-2014

(11-04-2014, 09:12 PM)Cutz Wrote: wasn't much of a vacation, I flew into Baltimore for the weekend and my nephew's christening. My flight Friday night was delayed 3 hours... got to my Sis's house at like 3am. Flew out Sunday night... got home at 2am. Had an exam yesterday and an exam tomorrow. Hopefully once all that's done... I can get back to posting more. So far, no signs of Ebola.

Yeah, that's a quick turn-around trip alright.

I hope you're enjoying your grad studies -- I know it's a lot of work when you've also got a job, and a relationship, and all those good things to manage at the same time.

Anyway, good to hear you're not showing any E symptoms yet, though imagine all the focused study and Mock posting you could accomplish if you were in 21 day lock-down -- could be like a vacation, assuming you'd also have a big screen to watch the games. (No conjugal visits though -- so it's probably not as great as it sounds really.)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-09-2014

The Jets beat the Steelers. Ah-mazing.

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 11-09-2014

I'm sitting in my car listening to the 9'er game. Going into OT! My husband DVR'd it so he's at least an hour behind. Can't watch it on another tv around him and the stupid cable box on my upstairs tv stopped working this morning. This sucks. Exciting game though.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 05:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The Jets beat the Steelers. Ah-mazing.

Big Ben is the hottest QB on the planet and can't beat the 32nd ranked pass defense in the NFL.

A funny league sometimes.

On the other hand, Matthew Stafford made some brilliant throws on the Lions game winning drive against the Dollhins.

Saints and Niners going to OT.

(11-09-2014, 05:20 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Saints and Niners going to OT.

That's what I'm watching now. I just watched Dallas and the Jets too and now I need to find the Giants game.

A win. Finally! I figured out how to watch the game on my laptop too. Yay me!

That was a very exciting game! Well, the ending that I saw after Dallas.

(11-09-2014, 05:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That was a very exciting game! Well, the ending that I saw after Dallas.

I'm glad we won but I think the OT rule is wonky. They should play the full quarter--not give it to the first team that scores.